Name that Bass

Thakid2u

Dormant account
Ok, I must ask....What kinda bass is that? My first guess was Fender, but Logo doesnt look right on the pic...(although I havent blown the pic up)...AS it being a P-bass, not to sure what it could be....

The only reason I ask is...Im anal when it comes to gear...lol Ive played drums since I was 5 (just turned 28 yesterday) and picked up guitar about 4 years ago, play bass also of course, and keys.....My dad and I restore vintage amps...Mostly Fender and Vox...
This is some of the stuff we have done....This is kinda outdated...
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

This is my holy grail....

Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

Sorry, I guess I worded that wrong. I was asking Bryan what bass he has in his pic. But yes Row, that is a bassman. 68' 2x12 with the ab165 layout. Put a Mesa Tube in the preamp place to give it a little more break up. I restored this to the 64' white tolex era.

Thakid2u said:
Sorry, I guess I worded that wrong. I was asking Bryan what bass he has in his pic. But yes Row, that is a bassman. 68' 2x12 with the ab165 layout. Put a Mesa Tube in the preamp place to give it a little more break up. I restored this to the 64' white tolex era.
Actually, I'm pictured with my Hohner HP bass jammin' on my Peavy TNT150. I'm currently in search of an ellusive green Rickenbacker 4001, and possibly a five string.

Hows the Hohner play? I see JoJo from Los Lonely Boys plays the hell outta Hohner 6-string. A Green 4001? I cant say that I've seen one. Would that be the old Cadillac Green? Vintage or Reissue? I can look around and see what I can come up with. Have you ever been to Voxtalks.com? You might find someone there that could help. One of the guys from Rickenbacker posts on there. Some of the people at Voxtalks seem to pull stuff out of their ass. It's actually kinda weird. Usually any Vox site or Fender site will have the "Rick" people on the board.

Last edited:
The Hohner plays good - and I can tweak the hell out of the Peavy amp.

But I love my Rickenbacker - I had one when I was much younger but sold it to pay the rent :( that was in 1978.

I've seen one in eBay - but it could have been a 4003 - can't remember. I saw it and fell in love with the look. Very cool.

Thakid2u said:
Is this one that you are talking about, or is it a Vintage Green? (Cadillac green)
I think it may have been the "Translucent Green". I'm sure if I search long enough, I'll find it again. Problem is, I'm not quite sure what model it was (4001-4003). Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back