Mobile SEO tutorials

Chatmaster

Dormant account
With the prediction that mobile search and video advertising will hit $19BIL by 2011 and Microsofts clear interest in the mobile market, I have recently been asked by several people how mobile SEO works. I decided because I have been quiet for some time I should perhaps open this for discussion. There is no doubt in my mind that mobile gambling is certainly the way of the future and setting up a mobile site is pretty simple so why not do so. The following are my observations from a new venture I am involved in.

Perhaps helping a couple of others to enter the mobile search market as a plus side is not to shavy :D. Following are a few points to keep in mind when designing a mobile site.

• When designing a mobile site avoid using tables
  • Keep page sizes as small as possible
  • Use good headings that targets your main keyword phrases and keep usability in mind continuously, people need to know exactly what a click will result to.
  • Be fairly strict on using proper
    You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
    in your mobile site design.
  • Do not use long titles but rather short accurate titles
  • Ensure that your robots.txt file doesn't exclude mobile spiders
  • As with normal SEO ensure that you link to good quality sites as reference utilizing specific themed anchor text.
  • Ensure a good solid site structure with themed downward levels, to ensure that bottom levels gives relevance to upper levels.
  • Obtain backlinks and deeplinks from other mobile sites and websites.
  • Use simple url's
  • To start indexing is simple, simply link to your mobile site from your standard site or build backlinks in a similar way you would building backlinks to your normal site.
  • Keep in mind that sites like Yahoo! has admitted using human reviews and ratings in their rankings results.

To test your mobile site for google you can preview it on a Nokia 6820 phone as it seems like Google use that profile to index your mobile site. Or to preview it online with the
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back