MG - All American

Mugwump

Dormant account
I thought I'd give this a try today, as it has a decent paytable. I did allright at it, but have come to the conclusion that this game has the most screwed up video poker strategy I've ever seen. I usually play with auto-hold off and hints on, and I don't think I'm averaging over 60% on correct plays.

Paytable - 1-1-3-8-8-8-34-200-RF

5-coin return = 99.39%
Variance = 26.4

One of the most difficult strategies - sometimes you hold Q-9 same suit.

Do the full-pay versions of these machines still exist? In downtown vegas, perhaps? If not, I'm not sure its worth using the microgaming version to learn the strategy, although it is indeed interesting.

All American is rarely found, but I know the Las Vegas Hilton has a bank of full pay (100.72%) 25 cents.

Mugwump said:
Do the full-pay versions of these machines still exist? In downtown vegas, perhaps? If not, I'm not sure its worth using the microgaming version to learn the strategy, although it is indeed interesting.
The Microgaming strategy won't be the correct strategy for the full-pay version.

two_card said:
Paytable - 1-1-3-8-8-8-34-200-RF

5-coin return = 99.39%
Variance = 26.4

One of the most difficult strategies - sometimes you hold Q-9 same suit.

Hi two-card. Can you explain "variance" to me? I'm familiar with the concept but have no idea how 26.4 ranks and how it relates to Risk Of Ruin. can you expand?

Thanks

Simmo!

The best information on video poker variamce and ROR is at www.jazbo.com.

Some typical game and their variance:

9/6 JOB - 19.51
Full pay deuces wild - 25.83
Full pay All American - 26.80
Full pay Double Bonus - 28.26
9/6 Double Double Bonus - 41.98
BlackJack - 1.1

I tried All American and it was certainly quite volatile. You get a much larger proportion of your return from straights and higher than at Jacks or Better, and if you get those hands you will do well. The strategy involves chasing straights and flushes quite aggressively, you would even hold 2 suited low card with one gap between them. I was pretty deep in the hole but then I hit a lovely straight flush worth 250, which made up for my losses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back