Announcement Meister Meeting 2019 - all members are invited

What is so horrible with that beer? It was probably me who drank that. Should I be ashamed? :p
Coors Light is my beer of choice when I go out locally - in fact, I'll be having a couple tonight :thumbsup:
Mild taste, but not low alcohol, so I can't see what's not to like!

As for the Bailey's - I think Simmo was probably the one who drunk most of those... ;)

KK

What is so horrible with that beer? It was probably me who drank that. Should I be ashamed? :p
Lol. Nope, it's a girlie beer that would take 16 to get drunk! :laugh:
If I was there, it would be pop. I haven't drank in years. I'm too afraid of puking, that is why I haven't started having any :eek:
I'd probably drink Molson Canadian and any serious beer drinker would have to take me by the hand over there and point out the good beer as theyd probably be disgusted by ours lol (not as bad as american but not as good as what i had over there)

I did get a couple of Bailey's though after Bryan had paid the bill.
Those nice people from Trada, both Rachel and Connor bought me some :thumbsup:

I'd probably drink Molson Canadian and any serious beer drinker would have to take me by the hand over there and point out the good beer as theyd probably be disgusted by ours lol (not as bad as american but not as good as what i had over there)
I'm allergic to beer. I use to get half way through one and then throw up, but I still kept on trying ( I was a teen) The beer at that time was Molson Golden. Cheers for 200 years! :p I was a Molson girl for one summer, about 15 years ago. I have a picture packed away :)

@Tirilej well, at least you didn't get stuck with fosters ;) that purely is piss poured into a glass, coors light just has the added sweetener.
many beers that were once a joy to experience have been ruined in the uk due to import taxes based on units of alcohol, iirc.
san miguel, stella artois, estrella damm, becks, to name just a popular few, even tyskie of late (which was never great but he 5.0% version is disgusting compared to the original 5.6%) have all been destroyed since being served to the uk, most tasting nothing like they are supposed to.

i likes my beeerz :)

I thought Coors light, just meant light beer. Think it is still around 4-4.2% in the UK, which is stronger than standard beer ( Fosters, Carlsberg ect).

I drink Becks from the tap in my local, 4% I think. Which is fine if out for the night.

Luckily, living 1 hour from Dover, its only a day trip to France to stock up on the real (un watered down) stuff a couple of times a year.

@Tirilej well, at least you didn't get stuck with fosters ;) that purely is piss poured into a glass, coors light just has the added sweetener.
many beers that were once a joy to experience have been ruined in the uk due to import taxes based on units of alcohol, iirc.
san miguel, stella artois, estrella damm, becks, to name just a popular few, even tyskie of late (which was never great but he 5.0% version is disgusting compared to the original 5.6%) have all been destroyed since being served to the uk, most tasting nothing like they are supposed to.

i likes my beeerz :)

Hi adamtheaddict,

Swap Tyskie for Lech ... way better but only the one brewed in Poland :cheers:

Regards,
Karolina

I thought Coors light, just meant light beer. Think it is still around 4-4.2% in the UK, which is stronger than standard beer ( Fosters, Carlsberg ect).

I drink Becks from the tap in my local, 4% I think. Which is fine if out for the night.

Luckily, living 1 hour from Dover, its only a day trip to France to stock up on the real (un watered down) stuff a couple of times a year.

4.0% on the coors iirc.
becks is still good imo, not as destroyed as the rest. but its 4.8% or 4.6 now in the shops instead og the 5.0 or whatever it was. the becks you're speaking of i assume is becks vier, which is 4.0%. not to bad but that one i dont mind it lol.

unluckily, i only live 10 minutes from dover. lol.
even unluckier, im soon moving way further up north:p

but yeah, the san miguel at 5.4% in spain is effing amazing. its like a diff drink to the 5.0 we get here now. and omg the estrella damm tastes like utter piss (i still buy it lol) compared to the 5.4/5.6% in spain.. which was the best i ever recall tasting (many of..)
anyway, im not an alcoholic ..:oops: they just dont taste anywhere near the same :(

Last edited:
4.0% on the coors iirc.
becks is still good imo, not as destroyed as the rest. but its 4.8% or 4.6 now in the shops instead og the 5.0 or whatever it was. the becks you're speaking of i assume is becks vier, which is 4.0%

unluckily, i only live 10 minutes from dover. lol.
even unluckier, im soon moving way further up north:p

but yeah, the san miguel at 5.4% in spain is effing amazing. its like a diff drink to the 5.0 we get here now.
anyway, im not an alcoholic ..:oops: they just dont taste anywhere near the same :(

I believe it is Becks Vier.

Funny enough I have my own glass at the local pub. A San Miguel glass. I just prefer drinking out of the shaped glass.

It even has my name on it. (That really is what they call me in the pub, although they just shorten it to bastard, or GTB)LOL
096.jpg

I keep tropical fish and look after the pub tank, hence the cake on my birthday.

They have San Miguel on draft at my local, but its too strong to have a session on, bearing in mind, I live in a village (our nearest supermarket is 45 mins away) and the pub stays open until we leave, 2-3am week nights sometimes. So would get very messy if you started at 7.

But, would not buy beer in the UK outside a pub, Tend to stick to wine, or do the £10 return sailings to Calais

i have one of those glasses ya bastard! infact its less than 30 inches from me as i type this.
lasted about 3 months before i broke the bottom part of it though :(
jus tryin to work out by the wall and table if I've been in that oub b4 lol, been in most within a 50 mile radius haha.

i have one of those glasses ya bastard! infact its less than 30 inches from me as i type this.
lasted about 3 months before i broke the bottom part of it though :(
jus tryin to work out by the wall and table if I've been in that oub b4 lol, been in most within a 50 mile radius haha.

As the crow flies I bet you are close, but will be a long drive.

At the end of out high st. We have a local brewery, which has a bar, 5 min walk from me.

Google Wibblers. Not sure if your into real ale?. But they also do their own lager now.

Some of the beers they sell on tap are 7.5% and you can only buy 1/2 pint a time.

They do 8 pint kegs and when we was away at RIAT last year I took 6 kegs for the 5 day trip.:cheers:

Edit to add. I think I have a spare glass so can post it to you if you want.

Last edited:
Seeing as we have hijacked the thread.

I thought it was a good idea to offer a toast to @LadyJelena

A very large Baileys in a San Miguel Pint glass.

3 doubles and a single

didn't mean i was drinking from my glass when i said it was so close, just happened to be on the shelf above me while i was jumping between typing and trying to cook some sausages lol.
by your description it seems i have likely not been in that pub, wouldn't normally enter a brewery type bar unless i saw the flashing lightw of a fruit machine through the window lol.

cheers for that kind offer of the glass! mine is still fairly stable despite 25% of the bottom missing, but it was a gift from a mate so i still keep it.
I'll toast with a glass of water though to wash down these salty sausages lol, cheerz!

not into ale at all sir, no. and 7.5% beer? holy cow! i am partial to a glass of baileys though (or a bottle)

didn't mean i was drinking from my glass when i said it was so close, just happened to be on the shelf above me while i was jumping between typing and trying to cook some sausages lol.
by your description it seems i have likely not been in that pub, wouldn't normally enter a brewery type bar unless i saw the flashing lightw of a fruit machine through the window lol.

cheers for that kind offer of the glass! mine is still fairly stable despite 25% of the bottom missing, but it was a gift from a mate so i still keep it.
I'll toast with a glass of water though to wash down these salty sausages lol, cheerz!

not into ale at all sir, no. and 7.5% beer? holy cow! i am partial to a glass of baileys though (or a bottle)

You would not play the fruity in my local. 74%.

I take my tablet down and play at VS

Yeah! I'm back!! I will be uploading the photos that I have sometime tomorrow. :thumbsup:

A big shout out to everyone who made it out there - there were quite a few new faces which is always a good thing.

I have the bill - there were 38 types of drinks consumed from whisky to Baileys.

The top five drinks:
59 Guinness
28 Budweisers
17 Chieftain IPAs
16 Coors light (WTF??)
12 Heineken

Great times everyone :cheers:
Wish I could have went seems I missed out on so much fun.

You would not play the fruity in my local. 74%.

I take my tablet down and play at VS

pretty standard that these days. I'd play a 72% over a 76% if the 72 was the better game. lots of trash about nowadays that is difficult to win on if even 78%.

i can imagine the average afternoon tbh.

'pint in the usual glass gaz?'
'no m8 I'll just have a half actually'
"just a half Gaz!, you've been cutting down a lot lately! well done."
'yeah m8. no bonus on bonanza since january..'

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back