Ladbrokes threatening to cut sponsership

shadow123

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
MM
Seems Ladbrokes are putting profit over responsible gaming, threatening to cut sponsorship if
Fotb stakes are cut, cynical or what.I would make them scrap all the fotb,s and give them
a pie factory if they were lucky.Responsible gaming my arse.

Old / Expired Link

I closed my Ladbrokes account down many years ago not a nice company they refused to let me choose my deposit limits and when I asked to close it down I had to speak to a rude manager who clearly couldn't be bothered with the process and made me feel like I was a criminal for asking to close it.

You can tell they own the majority share in SIS and are responsible for the recent irish racing tv rights fiasco.

yep but the bookies are fighting to keep £100 stake,think it will end up at £20 on roulette, which will bugger up martidale betting,
£2 will stop it altogether.

Hmmm. I’d like to know who at Ladbrokes said that. No names. It makes sense. If you cut revenue you have to make synergies. ?

Not sure what the problem is tbh. All high street bookies make massive revenue from FOTB's, in fact some shops are only profitable because of them.
If that revenue is cut drastically then any business would look at ways of cutting back expenditure to cover the loss. From a business point of view its completely sensible.

Seems Ladbrokes are putting profit over responsible gaming, threatening to cut sponsorship if
Fotb stakes are cut, cynical or what.I would make them scrap all the fotb,s and give them
a pie factory if they were lucky.Responsible gaming my arse.
I don't have a huge respect for Ladbrokes by a long shot but any business has to roll with the punches and in this case they are simply recognising the impact on their profits and their ability to invest in advertising to compensate for the changes.
The last Labour government chose short term gain over long term aim in opening up gambling in general by removing so many restrictions and UK society has paid the price for it in terms of how it effects family life and society in general.
For once I would like to see UK bookmakers express their welcoming a change imposed on FOTB'S by the government because they would never do it themselves even if they did have a heart because they would have to do it as an across the board agreement. Something I have never seen happen without being forced to by law.
In this case I can understand where Ladbrokes are coming from

In my opinion it can't come quick enough.FOBTS have been the biggest con of all time.They are rigged so badly it's untrue.The problem high street bookmakers have is they know that will spark the beginning of the end.As for the past 15 Years betting shops have become FOBT orientated with little or no focus on promoting anything else therefore the whole industry depends on these heaps of crap. The roulette is obviously the money maker where you can wager a £100 a spin.With a reduction to £2 a spin they will be lucky to get anybody playing it and the high rollers won't be interested in the slightest costing them millions of pounds a year. well all I can say is you only have yourselves to blame(Hils,Ladbrokes,Corals)You've had it to good to long.Continually robbing customers with false rtps.If you had played fair and not been so greedy it wouldn't have come to this.You only have yourselves to blame.I have no sympathy for them at all just have to question why it's taken so long.When common sense could have saved hundreds of marriages and in some cases sadly lives.

In my opinion it can't come quick enough.FOBTS have been the biggest con of all time.They are rigged so badly it's untrue.The problem high street bookmakers have is they know that will spark the beginning of the end.As for the past 15 Years betting shops have become FOBT orientated with little or no focus on promoting anything else therefore the whole industry depends on these heaps of crap. The roulette is obviously the money maker where you can wager a £100 a spin.With a reduction to £2 a spin they will be lucky to get anybody playing it and the high rollers won't be interested in the slightest costing them millions of pounds a year. well all I can say is you only have yourselves to blame(Hils,Ladbrokes,Corals)You've had it to good to long.Continually robbing customers with false rtps.If you had played fair and not been so greedy it wouldn't have come to this.You only have yourselves to blame.I have no sympathy for them at all just have to question why it's taken so long.When common sense could have saved hundreds of marriages and in some cases sadly lives.
I totally agree. Labour did everything they could while in power to give the impression of prosperity without thinking about the long term as far as either the countries health and well being or its future standing. This has been the case with every government since the late 70's at least. They have all been more fixated on winning the next election at the expense of long term planning.
But that would lead to another thread

Fake RTPs? Really? I know they’re scummy machines but they are regulated

If they are regulated properly.1 the person either does not know what they are looking for.2 they like £50 notes in polythene bags or 3 the providers have a way of making everything look legitimate when they are anything but.

Last week Watched thai flower lose the 2nd of 2 pie gambles for a mate, about 13/17 times when the pie was 65/75% fav. 100 jacker. Put in 280 for 160 collect on 1quid spins lol. Can still hear the pathetic repetative spin tune now. Was in a wetherspoons mind

Was gambling 10+ each time

If they are regulated properly.1 the person either does not know what they are looking for.2 they like £50 notes in polythene bags or 3 the providers have a way of making everything look legitimate when they are anything but.

Sorry I disagree with you there mate. The government are doing a massive review on FOBTs as it is, and surely Labour would have piped up by now if there was suspicions of fraud on the providers part. SG who provide the machines for Coral at least have got far too much to lose to risk a few extra %

Fobt are no different from online games , the only difference is your not getting a fair game in terms of these machines are being capped at £500 , at least with online there is a larger cap , Fobt use a main server just like other games , although i guess that they are clumped together from one main server but , they show the odds & doubt that they don't fall to foul play, you may have one shop clumping out big wins but another three paying nothing, does not mean they are bent, im sure if you pulled the data from each Fobt at random it wouldn't be far from what the rtp is stating.

This person continually posts this sort of nonsense.

FOBTs must be the most regulated and scrutinised form of fixed odds gambling in the country.

I think there is lots of room for discussion regarding the social impact of these machines and their wider impact on society. I think there is lots of room for discussion regarding minimum bet sizes. But there is no discussion as to whether or not they provide a fair game as per the game rules provided. They are fair in that sense and most certainly not 'rigged'.

This person continually posts this sort of nonsense.

FOBTs must be the most regulated and scrutinised form of fixed odds gambling in the country.

I think there is lots of room for discussion regarding the social impact of these machines and their wider impact on society. I think there is lots of room for discussion regarding minimum bet sizes. But there is no discussion as to whether or not they provide a fair game as per the game rules provided. They are fair in that sense and most certainly not 'rigged'.
Lol you haven't got a clue.

Why do you think they are doing a massive review?It's just 15 years to late.

The massive review is nothing to do with them being rigged. I never touch them but they are not rigged.

The review is about the amount of people that play them and lose fortunes. The review is to cap how much you can lose in a spin. If they were rigged theyd be out the shops totally.

Some people are addicted and throw everything they have in them. But they would lose it all some other way.

Ever watched some people get their pensions and buy £20 on scratchcards. Then keep buying them till they have nothing left.

Used to watch people play the puggie in the local pub. They would keep feeding the machine til they lost everything. Even if they got the Jackpot and repeats. Machine will never pay anymore forages. Do they walk away. No they put it all back and then still throw what little money they have left.

Yes these machines need to be changed to help . But in the end it makes no difference. Addicts will blow their money on something else just the same. Just means they will lose slower than they do now on the FOBT'S

The massive review is nothing to do with them being rigged. I never touch them but they are not rigged.

The review is about the amount of people that play them and lose fortunes. The review is to cap how much you can lose in a spin. If they were rigged theyd be out the shops totally.

Some people are addicted and throw everything they have in them. But they would lose it all some other way.

Ever watched some people get their pensions and buy £20 on scratchcards. Then keep buying them till they have nothing left.

Used to watch people play the puggie in the local pub. They would keep feeding the machine til they lost everything. Even if they got the Jackpot and repeats. Machine will never pay anymore forages. Do they walk away. No they put it all back and then still throw what little money they have left.

Yes these machines need to be changed to help . But in the end it makes no difference. Addicts will blow their money on something else just the same. Just means they will lose slower than they do now on the FOBT'S
I do like all these comments where people defend things to the hilt based on what they have heard and what they believe with no concrete evidence but someone who thinks the opposite is wrong.

If the review is for the reasons you state ie because people get to easily addicted and a reduction in stake means they will just lose their money more slowly(which I can agree with to a point although I think they would obviously lose high rolling roulette players and a massive % of profit).Then surely online gambling would have to come in for the same scrutiny give n the amounts you can wager on 1 spin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back