Ladbrokes Coral Bought by Online Rival for £4bn

GourdFollower

PAB Coordinator
Staff member
CAG
MM
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Cash and shares tie-up will create online-led global gambling giant with Foxy Bingo owner controlling 53.5% of enlarged group... (To read the full article on the Guardian website, go to:
.)
Also on the BBC news website:

Ladbrokes Coral has agreed to be bought by online rival GVC in a deal worth up to £4bn. Under the deal, shareholders in GVC - which owns the Bwin, Sportingbet and Foxy Bingo brands - will hold 53.5% of the combined group. Ladbrokes Coral became the UK's biggest High Street bookmaker following last year's merger of Ladbrokes and Coral.
(To read the full article on the BBC website, go to:
.)​

Last edited:
To be fair having the headline as the thread title makes it a lot clearer what the content is. (I hadn't seen dunny's article either)

And, since it's big industry news, posting it in "Industry Discussion" forum seems maybe the more likely place for it.

Just my 2 cents.

It's officially called a takeover, but with a 53.5/46.5 split, it's almost a partnership or perhaps a joint venture. Personally I think Ladbrokes/Coral needed a kick up the ass, their platforms are as dreary as f**k.

Isn't 'dunny' the Aussie slang term for a lavatory? :)

I work for LC - gotta say, having been stressed for 6 months or so about having a job, and getting it, then news of this, with more "synergies" being discussed. Its outrageous for staff tbh. Not that any of you care, but hey ho.

I care, and I know that there are good people at LC, I've spoken on the phone with them, or dealt with them in the shops, but the platform is still back in the stone age of online gambling, which needs addressing, and the customer support leaves a lot to be desired as well.

I care, and I know that there are good people at LC, I've spoken on the phone with them, or dealt with them in the shops, but the platform is still back in the stone age of online gambling, which needs addressing, and the customer support leaves a lot to be desired as well.

I cant disagree, even back when i could have gambled with Coral or Lads, i didnt. the sites are horrible, as are the game selections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back