Question Ladbrokes - check this

shanetospin

So I just had an Email from Ladbrokes see below- I suppose at least they have told me, but on the other hand in my opinion it shows just how unreliable they are in another aspect of service they provide. Has anyone else who has a Ladbrokes account had this same email??? and what are your thoughts on this?

Dear Shane,

We have identified that a number of our customers have had their customer I.D. and password details passed on to parties that we work with and unfortunately your account is one of the accounts affected. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience or concern this causes.

Naturally Ladbrokes takes any breach of security extremely seriously and we have taken a number of measures to protect customers including informing the UK Data Commissioner and Gibraltar Data Protection Commissioner.

Whilst we do not believe that any customer account has been compromised as a result of a breach, to ensure your continued security and peace of mind you may choose to change your password next time you log into your account. To do so follow these simple steps:

1) Login to your account using your existing username and password.
2) Go to the “My Account” section by clicking the header in the top right-hand corner.
3) A pop-up will appear showing your account section; choose “Password” from the tabs along the top of this screen.
4) Once complete you will receive confirmation that your password has been successfully changed.

If you have any comments or would like to discuss this matter further, our Customer Care team will be happy to help and can be reached on 0800 731 6191.

Finally, we’d like to take this opportunity to apologise again.

Customer Care,

Ladbrokes

At least they informed you about it, it certainly makes you wonder how often customer data is compromised but companies decide it better not to inform us.

At least they informed you about it, it certainly makes you wonder how often customer data is compromised but companies decide it better not to inform us.

Totally agree, I'm glad they told me and I suppose they have to inform a customer if this happens- even if I wish they had not actually told me lol it made me quite angry tbh! I've just emailed them and asked how this has actually happened- the thing I'm most concerned about here is if this is the case and they have given my username and password to "third parties" then how do i know they have not given my address and other personal information as well! I shall wait for my reply!

UPDATE

Just too let everyone know or anyone else that has had the same email this is the reply I got after contacting Ladbrokes about the matter (see below) and I'm glad it was not involving other details other than my username and password- not that it makes it right what has happened but thankfully all's well that ends well :)

Dear Mr Norris,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the recent email you have received.

I apologise for the inconvinience and annoyance this has caused you.

The data was shared with a company who work with us to provide analytics on how our customers use the website and this happened during a very short period of our work with the company however it was discovered almost immediately and has now been rectified. Your payment details are not held in full anywhere on your account. They are further encrypted in our BackOffice systems to restrict access and unauthorised usage.

If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us again and we will be more than happy to help you.

Yours sincerely,

Owen
Customer Service

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back