Krokodil: The drug that eats junkies

rainmaker

I'm not a penguin

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
and the video below are from June, so it is "old news". But I had never heard of this new Russian drug before I read about it in a Norwegian newspaper today.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's also called "koaxil".

This video shows a male patient, 26yo with a hepatitis C, dry gangrene of the foot and a wet gangrene of the thigh - the result of intravenous injections of Koaxil - new drug that is popular among heroin-addicted people because of the price (cheaper than opioids) and easy access (most of the Russian pharmacies sell it without a prescription).

The tool that was used to cut the bones is called "Gigli" saw. The procedure shown on video was needed because of the potential contamination and/or ethical concerns. The doctors amputated the rest of his leg later during regular surgical operation.The procedure shown on video was needed because of the potential contamination and/or ethical concerns. The doctors amputated the rest of his leg later during regular surgical operation. The main concern of that poor guy was how painful procedure will be. Because of the necrotic process in the tissue during a gangrene all nerves are damaged so the person does not feel a thing.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZGkO2xYcEU

I am truly stunned by this video. I am continually amazed at what people will do to their bodies for a high.

I personally watched the death spiral of a very nice man due to his addiction to meth. When I first met him, he was a funny, bright, sweet man. He had a job, a house, a girlfriend. Fast forward several years. The meth monster was riding his back hard. He had lost his job, girlfriend, home. His teeth were gone and he already had the meth sores on his face and neck. Next time I heard about him, he had climbed an oil derrick and decided he could fly.

I am sure it will be in the US soon if not already.

Maybe it's too personal to write about but as long as you don't judge me I'm fine with it.

I have a 22-year old daughter that's already been using drugs for 6 years. A mothers worst nightmare I can tell you.
I just hope she doesn't see this video because then maybe she wants to try that too. It's too easy today to get drugs, and they don't care what they are taking as long as it's cheap, easy to get and give them what they need for the moment.
Internet is an easy place to find out about new drugs, and a place you can buy it cheap too.

I have never tried anything myself and there is nothing I hate more than drugs, all of it:(

Tirilej, don't think that anyone here is going to judge you. As a mother of 2, I thank God everyday that I managed to get them to adulthood without drug or alcohol addiction. It is a parent's worst nightmare. My significant other lost his son last year about this time to drugs. He was 22 years old and had been using drugs since his early teens. We tried everything. He was in rehab, jail, etc. Even had him come live with us in his teens until he decided we were too tough and left on his own. He was found dead in a halfway house.

It is so easy for kids to get drugs now. And it doesn't even have to be street drugs. They hit up Mom and Dad's liquor cabinet or the medicine cabinet and go from there. I have 2 grandkids, one a teen and the other a tween. I know they get tired of hearing Nana preach but every chance I get, I remind them of what can happen.

I hope you find help for your child .

Maybe it's too personal to write about but as long as you don't judge me I'm fine with it.

I have a 22-year old daughter that's already been using drugs for 6 years. A mothers worst nightmare I can tell you.
I just hope she doesn't see this video because then maybe she wants to try that too. It's too easy today to get drugs, and they don't care what they are taking as long as it's cheap, easy to get and give them what they need for the moment.
Internet is an easy place to find out about new drugs, and a place you can buy it cheap too.

I have never tried anything myself and there is nothing I hate more than drugs, all of it:(

(((Hugs))) for you Tirilej. I can't imagine your nightmare.:(

Selling drugs is nothing short of attempted murder - maybe murder in some cases - because these evil people know full well what their wares can do to others, yet they don't give a damn.

I'm sure most of us have had some contact with the consequences - even at third hand it's distressing to see the havoc these chemicals create. Long time friends of ours battled for years to get their son off coke after he was introduced to it by a "friend". Some friend - Michael was 26 at the time with a lovely young wife and a three-year-old daughter. He was starting to prosper, with his own successful small business, well on the way to paying off the mortgage on a nice home and decent cars in the family.

All gone....the guy went completely off the rails and ended up stealing from his parents - a complete monster emerged and noone could stop it. After a year his wife couldn't handle the disappearances (and worse the condition he would be in when he returned), the moods, the sale of everything they had and she walked out with the child - happily now remarried for the last fifteen years - and eventually it broke the back of the parents' marriage as well.

Fortunately this story has a happy ending. After some time, when he really had reached about as low as he could go, he found the willpower to persevere with the latest rehab program he had been booked into and managed to clean up and start again, albeit late in life and with nothing left. Everyone who knows the family and the unhappy history is holding thumbs that he will stay on the straight and narrow, and so far he's done so.

But I'm sure there are many more of these tragic episodes that don't come right, and that's why I think society needs to act radically against this menace to the young.

Tirilej, I've only experienced this at a distance, but I saw what it did to our friends, their son and his young family and I truly sympathise with you - good luck with your daughter.

A huge thank you all and a hug back:)

I have fighted this drugbattle all of my life. One of my older brothers died from drugs two years ago.
My daughter loved him and even though she saw what it did to him, she went down the same road.
It's effecting my whole life. Sad to say but the only time I can relax and think about myself is when she's in a rehabcenter for a few month. She is a beautiful and wonderful young woman, when the drugs don't rule her.
For the moment I let her stay at my place. Just to see her and knowing she's alive makes the battle worth fighting.

This forum and some gambling let me escape the world for a while. I might not contribute as much as I want to here but I do love this place and all of it's different caracters:)
Thank for your stories Anniemac and Jetset. I know many of us are affected of this and I just wish that there was more we could do to save all of these people.
May all drugdealers rutten in hell!

Croc even arrived @Germany 6 months ago. We have a huge community of consumers here at the Ruhr - Area, most of them are forced to buy it (arround 8 USD per g). Its really terrible to see these guyas and girls going down within weeks! I cant´t understand why the state is ignoring this problem: it appears this drug is the hardest ever, it even contains gasoline (patrol?) (!).

I'll try to keep this from turning into a tome...

My cousin has two children (a boy and a girl) born late in life.... in her 40's. Happily married to a fine man who owned a small construction company. By the time the children were out of high school, the house was paid for, the kids were moving out on their own, and my cousin and her hubby were all set to settle back and enjoy growing old together.

Then the daughter got into drugs. Every couple of years they'd find her laid out in a ditch or maybe on their front porch out of her head, frail, sick, and dying. They paid for hospital and rehab... over and over again. The daughter had a child. One time they couldn't find the baby. She'd left it with a bunch of crack heads (she'd forgotten where) while she had gone to turn a few tricks and buy more stuff. My cousin gained custody of the baby. (She and her hubby were in their early 60's by then.) My cousin took out a second mortgage or home equity loan or whatever it was so they could pay for hospitals and rehabs -- again -- as they'd already used up their savings. The daughter would come out of rehab 'clean' but then in a few weeks would disappear again. This horror went on for another few of years. The daughter had yet another child. Born addicted to god knows what. More hospital bills for my cousin. Lawyers and court and my cousin and her husband gained custody of that child too. By that time they were in their late 60's.

Once, when she was 'clean' they allowed the daughter to take her 2 children to the park 2 blocks away. She didn't come back. Cops found the car on its side in a ditch, children (not in their car seats) unharmed except for bumps and bruises, crying and screaming, and their mom in the driver seat unconscious with a needle in her arm. More rehabs and hospital for the daughter. My cousin and her hubby lost their house, their cars... basically everything. His business went under. He had a major breakdown -- more hospital bills and therapy. Meanwhile there's two young ones to raise and school while living in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment.

Oh. And my cousin's son? He has come up HIV positive. Not sure if it's from a dirty needle or gay sex. (He turned tricks for drug && too.) His child was 2 when my cousin learned he even existed. They got a call from the hospital, the kid's mom was in the ER (whacked out on drugs) could they come take care of the baby? Now my cousin and her hubby are raising that child, too.

My cousin is now in her early 70's, raising grand children. One has some strange problems, and yes, it's probably because he was the one that was born addicted whle his mom was using.

I know my cousin and her husband. Good people. Not saintly, just good, regular people who don't know why all this has happened. They search their hearts to see if they could have done something differently....

Anyway... my point is, it happens in all sorts of families, usually through no fault of the parents. And this all happened in small town America. No malls, no big city... farmland and cotton mills type of town. And for those that think that 'just trying' an addictive drug won't harm anyone but his or herself... see above.

It's a scary thought - an ordinary, clean-living and decent family plunged into disaster just like that.

It could be any one of us, our sons or daughters....or even our grandchildren.

I also consider this to be one of the greatest threats to our society... it's just more insidious.

I had a problem with meth a long time ago. I lost 2 years of my life and all my savings and everything I owned - I quit on my own and it was the hardest thing I've ever done and the thing I'm most proud of. I had a couple 'falling off the wagon' experiences during the first year because when I first decided to stop, I was still hanging out with the same people. I'd think, "I haven't done anything for a week (or a month) I'm cured now, I can handle it." and next thing I knew it was 3 days later and I still hadn't eaten or slept and I was calling my 'friend' at 3am.

Even now, 10 years later when I know how bad it was and how lucky I was and how proud I am to have stopped...if one of my old 'friends' stopped by and offered, I'd still be tempted. Because I'm cured now and I can handle it. :rolleyes: But there's a stronger part of me that knows better, so I don't stay in contact with those people. I wish them well, but I just can't be around that lifestyle because I know that one day I won't be strong enough to say no.

For those of you with family and friends who are addicts, I wish you all the best.

Thank you for sharing with us Chayton :)

Your story and others in this thread is a reminder for all of us that there is a real person behind every nickname.

I had a problem with meth a long time ago. I lost 2 years of my life and all my savings and everything I owned - I quit on my own and it was the hardest thing I've ever done and the thing I'm most proud of. I had a couple 'falling off the wagon' experiences during the first year because when I first decided to stop, I was still hanging out with the same people. I'd think, "I haven't done anything for a week (or a month) I'm cured now, I can handle it." and next thing I knew it was 3 days later and I still hadn't eaten or slept and I was calling my 'friend' at 3am.

Even now, 10 years later when I know how bad it was and how lucky I was and how proud I am to have stopped...if one of my old 'friends' stopped by and offered, I'd still be tempted. Because I'm cured now and I can handle it. :rolleyes: But there's a stronger part of me that knows better, so I don't stay in contact with those people. I wish them well, but I just can't be around that lifestyle because I know that one day I won't be strong enough to say no.

For those of you with family and friends who are addicts, I wish you all the best.

Kudos, Chayton:thumbsup:

Doing it on your own must take a serious amount of strength, and being able to recognise - even after all these years - that you could still be vulnerable takes courage.

Very powerful stuff here.

I congratulate you Chayton! and others that have kicked it.

Tirleg, I understand that Sweden has a high drug problem as well as the USA and actually most of the world, really. I am praying for your daughter.

I had a spat with substance abuse years ago, myself. Lost a lot. Got angry and then I just wanted to kill all drug pushers...but it's not so much the 'pushers' as the Upper Management, so to speak. I wish them all to hell.

Here in Newburgh, NY a major drug bust cleaned most of the gangs (Bloods and crips) and drugs (80 arrests) out of their pulsating , bile nests.

So happy....but it's an ever uphill battle.

God Bless and strength to everyone that has been hit by this.

The screwed up thing about this Krocodil is that people can make it themselves - all they have to do is buy some codeine pills and cook it at home. (A few of the ingredients: Hydrochloric acid, gasoline, red phosphorus and paint thinner! Imagine injecting that.) This stuff is horrible - meth is bad enough, but this sh*t makes meth look like baby aspirin.

I was reading one article where they'd interviewed a woman who was an addict, she said she went to the store to buy 4 packages of cold pills with codeine, the cashier said "We're only allowed to sell 2 packs at a time to one person" so she bought 2 packs and came back in 5 minutes and bought 2 more.

When I lived in Edmonton before (about 16 years ago) I worked in a store and there were some problems with street people going to stores and buying (or stealing) stuff like lysol, hairspray, mouthwash, etc and drinking it. Some kids up north died from drinking photocopier fluid. They actually passed a law that if you owned or worked in a store and someone came in and bought something like that for the purpose of drinking it, you'd be held liable. A lot of smaller grocery stores just quit selling the stuff because how are you going to ask someone, "Do you plan on drinking that?" :rolleyes:

But with Kroc addicts it's pretty plain to see, maybe they could do something like that? Or better yet, make anything with codeine in it prescription only? It won't slow down the dealers I suppose.

BTW if anyone's interested, CBC/The Fifth Estate did a documentary about crystal meth a few years back called 'Dark Crystal' - you can watch the whole thing online now
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
- click the link on the page.

My husband is a permantly disabled person. He has had five back operations with severe pain and then he had his heart attack a few months ago.

I am mad because even the Pain Management he has to go to because of his back pain had him on lethal dose of morphine ( 3 times 180mg of methodone per day!) I didn't find this out until after his heart attack...because the hospital docs needed to know as to why he had a heart attack! The hospital docs said the pain managent doc needed to have his license revoked, when they saw the amount!

It's not just street drugs , it's also money making pigs dressed as doctors ...that can kill, too

Please put this post elsewhere if too volatile.

I am a pharmacy delivery driver and and one pharmacy was busted for being greedy...it all goes down the line.

A-holes greedy pigs

Last edited:
Gross, just plain gross. I too battled with demons for a long while, just as Chayton with same DOC (meth). I am clean and sober now for 6 years in a week from today and it took a long road to get me there. I just wanted to say to Chayton that I know you are a strong lady and I am proud of you...

As she said, all of you with those that are still battling those demons my prayers and thoughts are with you. I have a sister that can't break free from Satan's grip and I feel your pain.

Stay strong all of you and stay away from the alligator stuff :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back