CM Interviews Kroffe the forum's favourite bear.

Great read mate and it’s good to know your a keen angler like my self I’ve been chucking the flys myself mostly salmon sea trout (white trout) Most of my fishing is done on the island of Ireland unfortunately salmon numbers have plunged the last 5 years were a lot of rivers have been closed and those meeting the figures to allow fishing are mandatory catch and released.
Were as our sea trout returns are outstanding no real issues with lice and as for pike unfortunately with the influx of Easter Europeans our lakes have been hammered we went from some of the best pike fishing in the world to some of the worse.
I only ever caught the one pike and that was by accident was fishing the wall pool on the river Moy with a 12ft airflow switch rod 9 wt floating line 10 ft leader and a size 8 bann special and managed to lift a 16lb pike a best of a fish which put up a great show and was safely returned.
How are your white trout and salmon stocks holding up?

Great read mate and it’s good to know your a keen angler like my self I’ve been chucking the flys myself mostly salmon sea trout (white trout) Most of my fishing is done on the island of Ireland unfortunately salmon numbers have plunged the last 5 years were a lot of rivers have been closed and those meeting the figures to allow fishing are mandatory catch and released.
Were as our sea trout returns are outstanding no real issues with lice and as for pike unfortunately with the influx of Easter Europeans our lakes have been hammered we went from some of the best pike fishing in the world to some of the worse.
I only ever caught the one pike and that was by accident was fishing the wall pool on the river Moy with a 12ft airflow switch rod 9 wt floating line 10 ft leader and a size 8 bann special and managed to lift a 16lb pike a best of a fish which put up a great show and was safely returned.
How are your white trout and salmon stocks holding up?

I dont really have any knowledge about how it looks in other parts of Sweden, but i have not heard anything about dwindling numbers around these parts.
Not that the amounts i manage to catch points to a large number of them being here. :p

Fishing is pretty great.
One of the most relaxing things you can do, while at the same time being exciting as hell when you hook something. =)

Fun interview Kroffe, with some beautiful scenery, if you don't mind the cold! :)
I would not mind trading 1-2 months of winter for some extra summer/fall time, but thats easier said than done.
I dont really mind the cold, but i do enjoy summertime more than winter.
Maybe i need to start ice-fishing or something so i have more to look forward to during the winter. =)

I dont really have any knowledge about how it looks in other parts of Sweden, but i have not heard anything about dwindling numbers around these parts.
Not that the amounts i manage to catch points to a large number of them being here. :p

Fishing is pretty great.
One of the most relaxing things you can do, while at the same time being exciting as hell when you hook something. =)

Now I am confused. I am sure in all the wildlife programmes I watch you simply just wade into the water and scoop the large salmon up with your huge paw before running into the woods with it in your mouth.

Now I am confused. I am sure in all the wildlife programmes I watch you simply just wade into the water and scoop the large salmon up with your huge paw before running into the woods with it in your mouth.
The pike actually wander up a river flowing thru the place i live when they are about to mate.
They get tired since the stream is flowing pretty fast, so they need to chill a bunch of time during the trip.
They take breaks right along the side of the river where the flow is not as intense.
I have caught one with my bare (bear?) hands actually.

But i only ever did it once, to show my niece how badass i am.
Its bad form to disturb the fish when they are about to go have their sexy-funtimes.
But its pretty fun watching them, since there is a buttload of fish wandering up the river.

I have caught one with my bare (bear?) hands actually.

But i only ever did it once, to show my niece how badass i am.

That is Keanu badass!

I had heard of fish tickling so thought i would do a quick google search..........

Trout tickling. Trout tickling is the art of rubbing the underbelly of a trout with fingers. If done properly, the trout will go into a trance after a minute or so, and can then easily be thrown onto the nearest bit of dry land.

Always thought that would be a cool trick, especially for a bear.

Good read man, thanks !

Since you're a fan of David, here is a gift from me to you :)

That is Keanu badass!

I had heard of fish tickling so thought i would do a quick google search..........

Trout tickling. Trout tickling is the art of rubbing the underbelly of a trout with fingers. If done properly, the trout will go into a trance after a minute or so, and can then easily be thrown onto the nearest bit of dry land.

Always thought that would be a cool trick, especially for a bear.
I wish i would have done something cool like that.
I just kind of scooped it up on land.

But according to my niece it was more like this.
I like her telling the story better than when i do it.

I wish i would have done something cool like that.
I just kind of scooped it up on land.

But according to my niece it was more like this.
I like her telling the story better than when i do it.

Kids are great for stories and you can turn the simplest things into amazement. Funnily enough my kids are watching Winnie The Pooh, the latest film version, and my little boy said 'is he real?' of course i replied yes.

I wont introduce you to him yet though.

Kids are great for stories and you can turn the simplest things into amazement. Funnily enough my kids are watching Winnie The Pooh, the latest film version, and my little boy said 'is he real?' of course i replied yes.

I wont introduce you to him yet though.
Wise choice.

"Is Pooh real dad?"
"Yes son, no doubt. Actually hes just a crazy guy from Sweden who likes playing slots"
"oh :("

Fun read, expected nothing less. I have not been in a while, but I enjoy fishing too. Bass is maybe my favourite to fish and eat. Casting under ledges and logs, fun stuff. One of these days hope to go deep sea fishing.

I love game, you are lucky to have a hunter in the family. There is duck confit with mushroom and red wine barley risotto on the menu Sunday. It has been decades since I have had wild duck, but happy that domestic is on sale more often.

This isolation cannot last forever. Maybe if you start paddling now, you can make it in time for dinner this fall. Do you enjoy wine @Kroffe, or do I need to get some mead underway?

Fun read, expected nothing less. I have not been in a while, but I enjoy fishing too. Bass is maybe my favourite to fish and eat. Casting under ledges and logs, fun stuff. One of these days hope to go deep sea fishing.

I love game, you are lucky to have a hunter in the family. There is duck confit with mushroom and red wine barley risotto on the menu Sunday. It has been decades since I have had wild duck, but happy that domestic is on sale more often.

This isolation cannot last forever. Maybe if you start paddling now, you can make it in time for dinner this fall. Do you enjoy wine @Kroffe, or do I need to get some mead underway?
I dont really drink alcohol, but just remove the alcohol from the wine and ill drink it.
Guess that would make it more like lemonade.

Tho i think if i had made it to Canada in a kayak, maybe i would treat myself to a drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back