Know your customer

BlackJack007

Dormant Account
High street bookmaker (Ladbrokes) would not cash my ticket after playing the FOBT in one of their shops. Kept me waiting for 90 minutes. Banned me from playing and said I had to provide ID and bank statement. Complied. Replied saying they wanted more information as to the exact source of funds. Complied and waiting to hear back. The reason given (by the manager) for not paying is that they felt my play was suspicious. I always put all my money in and then stop after I've lost a certain amount. Started with £780 and wanted to cash out at £420. Given I was forced to wait 90 minutes and that was the only source of funds available to me at the time, I played some more which I really didn't want to and then was forced off and banned from playing. Cashout is now £195. Should they pay me £420 or £195? By the way, a manager at another location has known me for over 10 years and can assure them that I am a legitimate customer and not a money launderer. I had provided them with this information but it would appear not to have been followed-up. My personal opinion is that they are just covering their legal requirements but behaved disgracefully. They should have banned me straight away and not let me play until the outcome of their investigations. Thoughts?

Because I can keep track of my spend. If I just keep putting in cash, I have no idea how much I've spent. It's called money management. Anyway, why does it matter how I play if I'm totally legitimate?

Because I can keep track of my spend. If I just keep putting in cash, I have no idea how much I've spent. It's called money management. Anyway, why does it matter how I play if I'm totally legitimate?

Because it's classic money laundering behaviour. People say this doesn't happen in store, it does, regularly.
You should get the value of your cashout now, you didn't need to keep playing.

Why would you deposit more than you wanted to play? Doesn’t seem natural behaviour.
Because it's classic money laundering behaviour. People say this doesn't happen in store, it does, regularly.
You should get the value of your cashout now, you didn't need to keep playing.
what i was thinking if you only wanted to play 360 of the 780 down to 480 why not put 360 in and keep the rest 420 in your pocket ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back