Kentucky Derby!

samoas

Philly born & raised 2 traffic lights away
So to all my meister horse racing fans out there.....any thoughts?

I am in the business and have developed such a passion for this sport. I play the future pools (sucker bet, I know) and have the great fortune of having a few live tickets. I purchase 5 in each pool. Mind you there are only 300 or so potential eligibles, so I am proud to have 12 live tickets out of 15 purchased.:) Maybe I am psychic?:p

I love Bodemeister! Have had my eye (and ears too) on this horse since February. He's one of the favorites in the ML now, yet I have him for wins at 27 to 1 and 22 to 1. That would be cool!

I also have Union Rags. There has been so much hype about this horse. I have him at 8 to 1.

Love Creative Cause too and have him at high odds in 2 of the pools also.

My horse that I have been dedicated to and hope he proves me right is Alpha. Have him in all 3 pools. This is another horse I have had my eye on since January in my DRF stable.

I will be loyal and play those horses above.

My other live tickets are Rousing Sermon, Laison(2) & Sabre Cat.

Hope my fellow handicappers offer their input!

Does anyone have a full list of all the runners? Would be interesting to see what horses their are in the Derby this year and who are the favourites.

I'm going with Dullahan as the dead closer and hoping for Hansen cause I'm a sucker for the grey.

Bodemeister, Union Rags, Alpha - all will be on my ticket along with Take Charge Indy (Calvin Borel is the best rail rider ever). I have futures on Hansen, Bodemeister and Alpha. Usually I do futures and they end up not running. LOL!

Conker, you can get the race program from www.drf.com or www.twinspires.com.

This race will be simulcast in Hong Kong at 6;24 am. I shall make a bet and watch the replay while having breakfast on Sunday. I know none of the horses so will just put a wager according to my gut feeling.:D

I always think about betting the derby, but I'm always too late to get signed up, verified, etc. at TwinSpires or TVG . (That one - run by Betfair now, I think) has live pony races and replay broadcasts on my TV.)

Not that I understand how to bet on horse racing, anyway. It's as much Greek to me as craps. LOL

... good luck to all. And I hope all the ponies stay healthy and well.

The Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports has not often been missed by me, at least on television.

I can remember how excited my mom and dad were when Northern Dancer won, a Canadian horse, and that was way back in 1965.

Everyone was excited about Secretariat, back when I was in highschool.

Back in 1974, my dad won a Lionstone Decanter of 12 year old Rye, with Cannonade, the 100th Kentucky Derby winner in 1974 at a mess draw. I opened it in 2000, man that was some smooth whiskey. US versions contain bourbon.

cannonades.jpg

I'll try to make it down to the OTB tomorrow and put some money down. I think my record win has been $12 on a $2 bet.

Last edited:
Best online betting site is Twinspires.com. Pays same odds as onsite betting. No juice, all bets, exotic etc and will send you a check next day or pay back to your bank account.

Have had an account there for years with no problems.

@James - you sound like me. I won a $2500 handicapping contest at Sam Houston Race Track by picking names I liked. Won a pick 5 at Hollywood Park with a 30-1 shot cause I liked the name. LOL!

I hit it big too, just under 10k, had to go with the my homeboy and horse, both started out of Hastings race track here in Vancouver. It was a welcome win, been getting killed and have basically put myself on a couple month break, even with the win gonna see this break through from the slots and VP.

Congrats to James & me_and_ed!:thumbsup:

I think Bodemeister will take the shorter distance in the Preakness if he runs. I'll Have Another ran a stellar race, winning fair and square. I wish him and his young jockey all the luck to grab a long awaited triple crown.;) I usually attend every year but not this one because.......

After being in the racing industry all these years, I started a new job Monday. Worked 80+ hrs in the last 7 days during the transition. That's why I have been absent on the thread I started. Betcha some of you thought I was so sad about my Bodemeister, huh?:p !

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back