Jennifer's medical fund

Sorry if my posts have been kind of loopy. I have been on morphine. I was going over pictures. I cant believe how 4 months can make a difference :( 14481822_10154552755386506_1054957940687250700_o.jpg..........DSCN7538.jpg

Show me some funny posts? :)

It was great to hear your uplifting post of relief they'd excised the growth - sorry about the pain afterwards but that's the biggest and hopefully worst hurdle over with. You're on the way up the hill now and our best wishes walk with you. :thumbsup:

I'm feeling a bit better today :). I had a best friend of 30 years die of cancer, I saw what chemo did. It was horrible. Now having said that. THE TUMOR IS OUT OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO! :lolup: I cant believe that part of this journey is finally over. It seems so surreal and hard to believe it has only been 2 months. The health care system here sucks big time. When I got to second recovery room, they were pushing me out the door. I couldnt even stand, I was all woozy, and the nurse was trying to get my tights on. I kept saying to her, slow down, Im going to throw up. She had one hand on a bed pan and another pulling the tights up. At least she was efficient in her rushing. My family doctor called yesterday, the hospital was suppose to set me up with home care, and they didnt, plus only sent me home with two dressing pads. So I have to see my GP this aft, so she can look and clean me up properly. For some reason I thought I would have my results the same day, but I have to wait until next Wed, post-op. Ok, that is enough of my bitching, lol. Its out of me, and heres hoping it hasnt spread :)

I am so sorry. I didnt ask how your friend is doing?

Sorry if my posts have been kind of loopy. I have been on morphine. I was going over pictures. I cant believe how 4 months can make a difference :( View attachment 76422..........View attachment 76423

Show me some funny posts? :)

I have just worked it out. In one your not wearing glasses.

As far as those who know you not showing their thoughts goes. In my experience it is not due to lack of care but due to not knowing what to say and being able to continue knowing what to say after you respond. That is very shitty. I found it hard just to type this without thinking carefully!

Nooooooo. Never be afraid to say anything to me! Lol, I am probably one of the most easy going people ( person?) cant be grammatically correct at the moment. I make jokes at my expense. And as far as anyone else that is sick, I'm assuming the same. Never be afraid to ask. I usually dont have a filter on my mouth. I just......tell it! I thought I knew about Breast cancer, even said if I was going to get cancer, that is the one I would chose. Silly me, right? It is a very complicated disease with so many variables that no one could possibly know unless you have it. I have a friend since I was 13 that was a huge part of everything in my life. She is very forthright too, she hasn't said boo..not a simple sorry to hear. Those three words can go a long way. I was really upset at first, infact furious, but I will say this, and I will not waiver on this. Society in Canada at least will go out of their way in helping what is politically correct. Millions of dollars are spent in helping refugees come into our country. I have no qualms on that, they need a safe place to live, but I do have a problem with lack of medical funding for all types of cancer in this country. The Canadian Cancer Society gets unfathomable amount through donations and grants, and where is it going? The only service they provide is free rides to treatments and its all volunteers that drive. I left the hospital with 2 packs of dressing.Two! That is all I was allowed, and I have two areas that need changing. Ensure drinks, special foods because now you cant eat a shit load of ' normal' food. Loss of wages and if you are lucky enough to have insurance then there is a cap. I have talked to people here that pay close to 200k a month on medication. People have lost their homes. Its absolutely crazy! No one should ever have to start a fundraiser just to get through this. I live in a small city of 96k, and in 2015 , 3k women from here were diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Wtf? for that demographic, that needs to be looked at. I googled for two days looking for funding here, I only found one place that will help and due to the demand, its a very small amount and hit and miss. Lol. Sorry for my rant, but please never be afraid to writeor ask what you feel! :p And thanks about the pictures. The first one was in September, the second one was last night. I put my glasses on because I have brown circles around my eyes. I refused to see what this has done in such a very short time, I finally got brave and took a picture.

Hi everyone. I have received 2 disconnect notices, Thursday and Friday. I am feeling a bit better today so I am asking all my friends on Facebook, Twitter and here to PLEASE do a massive share. My original target was 3k, and I have raised 1440.00. I need to raise another thousand more by the end of this week and then I am closing it down. I feel very blessed that everyone has stepped up, but I should be all caught up bill wise and should be fine. I am slated to go back to work May 1st, and I intend to do exactly that, even with treatments. So if you could please share. Bryan, thank you for allowing this, and everyone that donated.Thank you! I really hope good things have came your way <3

As bebo is also from Ontario Canada I can attest and feel really bad for her as it is horrible the healthcare system here. The Americans and Trump can say oh they have free healtchcare, ahhh well no it's not free moreso now since cuts have taken over, Last time I know which was years ago you had to pay $80 if you needed a ambulance and wait times for everything.

Than as bebo said insurance companies, Oh my f!@# is that more stress and as bebo said their is caps to coverage and only a percentage of your wages.

I hope you make it through everything the best you can bebo.

As bebo is also from Ontario Canada I can attest and feel really bad for her as it is horrible the healthcare system here. The Americans and Trump can say oh they have free healtchcare, ahhh well no it's not free moreso now since cuts have taken over, Last time I know which was years ago you had to pay $80 if you needed a ambulance and wait times for everything.

Than as bebo said insurance companies, Oh my f!@# is that more stress and as bebo said their is caps to coverage and only a percentage of your wages.

I hope you make it through everything the best you can bebo.

I will be writing a series of articles when I am feeling better. There is so much that needs to change, I just have to figure out how I am going to tackle it, so that everything falls in sequence. Trust me, I won't stay quiet on it. Last months hydro bill came in, and even with the 8% taken off, it was almost double. Same with my Gas bill. I had to send my daughter back to Guelph on Friday because I can't afford to keep her here. The lack of funding and support for Cancer patients in this province is mind boggling! I checked each province and for our size there should be NO reason for this.

I will be writing a series of articles when I am feeling better. There is so much that needs to change, I just have to figure out how I am going to tackle it, so that everything falls in sequence. Trust me, I won't stay quiet on it. Last months hydro bill came in, and even with the 8% taken off, it was almost double. Same with my Gas bill. I had to send my daughter back to Guelph on Friday because I can't afford to keep her here. The lack of funding and support for Cancer patients in this province is mind boggling! I checked each province and for our size there should be NO reason for this.

If anyone is curious in what it looks like, I posted a picture on my GOFund me page. Don't worry, nothing is showing that shouldn't be. I could only get a partial picture. But in a weird kind of way, I'm kind of proud of myself . Never be ashamed of your battles :)

Donation left. Hope you will reach your target Jennifer.

They should really add Paypal as a safer way to donate.

Nooooooo. Never be afraid to say anything to me! Lol, I am probably one of the most easy going people ( person?) cant be grammatically correct at the moment. I make jokes at my expense. And as far as anyone else that is sick, I'm assuming the same. Never be afraid to ask. I usually dont have a filter on my mouth. I just......tell it! I thought I knew about Breast cancer, even said if I was going to get cancer, that is the one I would chose. Silly me, right? It is a very complicated disease with so many variables that no one could possibly know unless you have it. I have a friend since I was 13 that was a huge part of everything in my life. She is very forthright too, she hasn't said boo..not a simple sorry to hear. Those three words can go a long way. I was really upset at first, infact furious, but I will say this, and I will not waiver on this. Society in Canada at least will go out of their way in helping what is politically correct. Millions of dollars are spent in helping refugees come into our country. I have no qualms on that, they need a safe place to live, but I do have a problem with lack of medical funding for all types of cancer in this country. The Canadian Cancer Society gets unfathomable amount through donations and grants, and where is it going? The only service they provide is free rides to treatments and its all volunteers that drive. I left the hospital with 2 packs of dressing.Two! That is all I was allowed, and I have two areas that need changing. Ensure drinks, special foods because now you cant eat a shit load of ' normal' food. Loss of wages and if you are lucky enough to have insurance then there is a cap. I have talked to people here that pay close to 200k a month on medication. People have lost their homes. Its absolutely crazy! No one should ever have to start a fundraiser just to get through this. I live in a small city of 96k, and in 2015 , 3k women from here were diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Wtf? for that demographic, that needs to be looked at. I googled for two days looking for funding here, I only found one place that will help and due to the demand, its a very small amount and hit and miss. Lol. Sorry for my rant, but please never be afraid to writeor ask what you feel! :p And thanks about the pictures. The first one was in September, the second one was last night. I put my glasses on because I have brown circles around my eyes. I refused to see what this has done in such a very short time, I finally got brave and took a picture.
Bloody hell. So out of a population of 96k I presume half are female. In one year 3k where diagnosed with Breast Cancer? Are you surrounded by Fracking or some other kind of pollutants?

Hi everyone. I have received 2 disconnect notices, Thursday and Friday. I am feeling a bit better today so I am asking all my friends on Facebook, Twitter and here to PLEASE do a massive share. My original target was 3k, and I have raised 1440.00. I need to raise another thousand more by the end of this week and then I am closing it down. I feel very blessed that everyone has stepped up, but I should be all caught up bill wise and should be fine. I am slated to go back to work May 1st, and I intend to do exactly that, even with treatments. So if you could please share. Bryan, thank you for allowing this, and everyone that donated.Thank you! I really hope good things have came your way <3

I am not really understanding why your closing it down so quickly?

Bloody hell. So out of a population of 96k I presume half are female. In one year 3k where diagnosed with Breast Cancer? Are you surrounded by Fracking or some other kind of pollutants?

No, no fracking, but here is something interesting. A friend of mine lives in the neighboring town that shares the same water bed. He just finished a two or more year court battle, he started a citizens group because a company was using a certain fertilizer on their crops and it was getting in the water. That same company also own one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies that makes cancer medication. They just finished up last week in court, and the final decision should be anytime now. I just woke up but I will find some articles and post later.

I am not really understanding why your closing it down so quickly?

I need to get back to work. I cant afford this. Originally she put me down until May 1st, I figured April 1st, and just go through treatments. Even with cutting expenses back, I cant expect to live off donations and have to have others support me. Those 2 disconnect notices put me in a bad place. I just want it to be over. Sorry if I dont make sense. I just woke up. I really need normal so bad.

Okay, I'm awake now. In a nutshell, I hate having to rely on handouts. I want to have a normal life, and in reality that probably happen for a while. I finally went outside today and walked the length of my driveway. I did that for about 15 min. I had to stop about 5x's and then fell asleep. The surgery was quite invasive. I had a friend who commented on my facebook yesterday that I should take my page down and get back to work. She had breast reduction surgery and went back to work, therefor so should I. At first I was speechless, because I couldnt register what she was saying. Then I got furious! I have since deleted her, but that was what made me post the picture. And she is a PSW. I don't understand cruelty, I never have and never will.

Last edited:
I need to get back to work. I cant afford this. Originally she put me down until May 1st, I figured April 1st, and just go through treatments. Even with cutting expenses back, I cant expect to live off donations and have to have others support me. Those 2 disconnect notices put me in a bad place. I just want it to be over. Sorry if I dont make sense. I just woke up. I really need normal so bad.

Okay, I'm awake now. In a nutshell, I hate having to rely on handouts. I want to have a normal life, and in reality that probably happen for a while. I finally went outside today and walked the length of my driveway. I did that for about 15 min. I had to stop about 5x's and then fell asleep. The surgery was quite invasive. I had a friend who commented on my facebook yesterday that I should take my page down and get back to work. She had breast reduction surgery and went back to work, therefor so should I. At first I was speechless, because I couldnt register what she was saying. Then I got furious! I have since deleted her, but that was what made me post the picture. And she is a PSW. I don't understand cruelty, I never have and never will.

Don't make the mistake of going back too early. Will your work allow you too? And I still see no reason why you should shut it down even if you do go back early. Leave it until your able to get by like before

She was probably trying to say that bust reduction and having a cancer tumour removed are the same surgical incisions. Insensitive as it is, people think they are being helpful and encouraging by making such statements. When you have cancer though I think you are allowed to do, feel and say whatever you want.... It's like a carte Blanche.. so good on you for deleting her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back