Jackpot Party - The Chat Sessions

ecopac

I've just had a horrid run on JPP, the diamond pot on the Lux slots is nearly 2k and it seems everyone is playing it, it absolutely tore me apart not giving a lux feature for 800 spins taking my balance from £800 to £0 in no time at all at £2.40 a spin. That said, I've had a cracker this month over at JPP and am very nicely in profit.

That aside, I just cannot bear some of the chat on JPP - not only is the swear filter far too sensitive, but I can't stand watching people begging for 'Glinda' to appear on the Oz slots, talking like she's a real person and she might hear them. Or begging for a JPP Progressive trigger, like the mods have a switch they can flick if someone asks nice enough.

It's cringeworthy some of the talk on there. The other thing that annoys me is this, 'I've just deposited £10 and I didn't get a single feature, this site is such a rip off' - seriously, what's wrong with people!!

Yeah, chat is a pain and I'm there to play slots not indulge in tittle-tattle with people of limited imagination. It's a good job you don't play bingo - I did once and the drivel on there encouraged by 'chat hosts' is dribble-inducing. 'Lucky Dust' spread in the chat window by the host. Idiots posting '2tg' when 2 numbers from house/line/2 lines. Who cares ffs??? Or '39 pls'. What's the point? It's supposed to be for over 18's yet the chat would make most 9-year olds cringe with embarrassment. Unfortunately these characteristics are encouraged on JPP too. I close it out. The last thing I want to see is some muppet going 'yeahhhh!' when I'm on an appalling bad run. I suppose the premise is to encourage that 'community' or 'friendship' feeling among the players, like they tried in the UK amusement arcades by making multiplayer sit-down slots. Yes, it all sucks.

Oh god yeah, Jackpotjoy are the worst culprits for that rubbish \________________/ 'Here catch some lucky dust with our lucky dust bucket' - seriously, get a grip.

I don't mind people having a little moan or celebrating a win some of the time, it's the beggers I hate!

I wish Glinda would pop up in her bubble and give them the middle finger

Oh god yeah, Jackpotjoy are the worst culprits for that rubbish \________________/ 'Here catch some lucky dust with our lucky dust bucket' - seriously, get a grip.

I don't mind people having a little moan or celebrating a win some of the time, it's the beggers I hate!

I wish Glinda would pop up in her bubble and give them the middle finger

:D:D:D:D:D:lolup:

These chats remind me of bingo rooms - I hate bingo - and like most of you (I think) I have no desire to chat when I am playing.

Totally agree! Iabsolutely hate the banale chat that runs down the side of games at certain sites !! I always switch if off where there is an option to do so, or just move the window on my screen so I cannot see if, if not:eek2:

But some people do love the community side of gambling, esp for things like bingo, so each to their own, I just know I personally can't stand it either :p

I had to laugh once - I looked in on a site called 'BingoCams' and that proved there is something worse than trite and moronic chat - you can actually see the poor specimens who do it...:(

The idea is that players who get the lines/house pop up on their PC's camera live for a few seconds, so others can see them celebrate the 1-line for £1.45 they've just won. Most of the players were obese females who lived up North in council houses, hadn't seen the sun for longer than Dracula and obviously had low educational attainment.

Now I know where my taxes go.

Definitely +1 on the Jackpot Party chat hating!!

I can only echo all of the points made above. It really is cringe worthy.

The worst part for me is people playing high variance slots (Bruce Lee in particular) and moaning about the fact they haven't had a feature in 50 spins. Think the majority of players there have no idea about RTP and variance at all.

On the flip side, the fact you can turn it off is good and I suspect that the very presence of a chat facility does encourage loyalty amongst the very "type" of punter they are looking to attract.

The way they show recent winners and JPP amounts won in the chat probably does the site no harm at all either.

I had to laugh once - I looked in on a site called 'BingoCams' and that proved there is something worse than trite and moronic chat - you can actually see the poor specimens who do it...:(

The idea is that players who get the lines/house pop up on their PC's camera live for a few seconds, so others can see them celebrate the 1-line for £1.45 they've just won. Most of the players were obese females who lived up North in council houses, hadn't seen the sun for longer than Dracula and obviously had low educational attainment.

I was born while my my parents were living in one of the most notorious council estates in the East Midlands. My father and mother worked 12 hour shifts in terrible jobs, endlessly. When I was 9 or 10, they had raised enough for a deposit on a new private house in a nice area and we moved. My 2 brothers and I entered higher education, and all have successful careers. We know people from the council estates, who work hard and purchased their council house from the local council, in the 80's when there was a big push for people to purchase. These people work hard and take pride in their homes and communities.

Of course there are a percentage of the populace, that never work, spunk their dole check on gambling, booze or whatever vice makes their pointless existence tolerable. You will find this in every society that offers welfare protection. You are still indulging in the same activity though, spending hours and hours pressing 'spin' on what is essentially a device designed to take your money. I wouldn't feel overly superior.

Lumping in everyone into this ideal using 'from up north' or 'from council estates' makes you look ignorant. Your sweeping generalizations reveal you as the average Daily Mail reader that will swallow any old horseshit produced by the right wing press. Which section of society will you be blaming for everything next week?

Anyway the little band of Tea-Baggers and supposed 'libertarians' who post here will continue their ill informed rants regardless of what I post.

The live chat on Jackpot Party often makes me want to scoop out my own eyeballs with a rusty teaspoon.

When I first starting playing there I did make an effort to explain variance and randomness and other such concepts to some of the more intellectually challenged regulars, but I may as well have tried to teach advanced origami to a dead dog.

I'm on a break from Jackpot Party after a recent horrible run there, and I have to say that one thing I really, really don't miss, is the live chat.

JACKPOT PARTY CLASSIC QUOTES:

slippers

slippers pls

1 wild

tyty cum back soon my girl glinda pls

100 gone and no feature this site is a joke

i'm being robbed

horrible again as usual

monkeys

lux feature no gems a joke

just getting kids lunch

etc etc

The way they show recent winners and JPP amounts won in the chat probably does the site no harm at all either.

That's very cheeky IMO, the 'live win feed' goes back as far as 24 hours, I've seen my name pop up as having won something when I'm playing there in free play, and I haven't played real money since the day before!

The key is to look out for 'just won' or 'won', 'just won' is what it sounds like, 'won' can mean an old win.

I was born while my my parents were living in one of the most notorious council estates in the East Midlands. My father and mother worked 12 hour shifts in terrible jobs, endlessly. When I was 9 or 10, they had raised enough for a deposit on a new private house in a nice area and we moved. My 2 brothers and I entered higher education, and all have successful careers. We know people from the council estates, who work hard and purchased their council house from the local council, in the 80's when there was a big push for people to purchase. These people work hard and take pride in their homes and communities.

Of course there are a percentage of the populace, that never work, spunk their dole check on gambling, booze or whatever vice makes their pointless existence tolerable. You will find this in every society that offers welfare protection. You are still indulging in the same activity though, spending hours and hours pressing 'spin' on what is essentially a device designed to take your money. I wouldn't feel overly superior.

Lumping in everyone into this ideal using 'from up north' or 'from council estates' makes you look ignorant. Your sweeping generalizations reveal you as the average Daily Mail reader that will swallow any old horseshit produced by the right wing press. Which section of society will you be blaming for everything next week?

Anyway the little band of Tea-Baggers and supposed 'libertarians' who post here will continue their ill informed rants regardless of what I post.

Touched a nerve there? Sorry. The Daily Mail is a crock of crap as are virtually all the deadbeat inaccurate dailies with veracity substituted by sensationalism. On that we agree. Unfortunately the facts bear me out. These plebs had no qualms about disclosing where they lived and looked very unhealthy. Yes, I click 'start' a fair bit in my own time. It doesn't replace normal activities though and I can afford it. I suppose getting out to them is the weekly trip to Poundland and 'Happy hour at t' legion' swigging to medleys of stale old 60's 'classics' while waiting for the raffle to start, before staggering off home via the takeaway shop.
So, I don't feel superior; happily different.

I suppose the live chat with its text-speak and abbreviations and acronyms is the only medium they have to communicate with a small vocabulary and to express the hopelessness of waiting for the 'lucky dust' to bring them their '40 numbers or less jackpot' which would mean getting grannie's jewellery back from Cash Converters.:oops:

What does "look unhealthy" mean? Did you notice if they were disabled? In a wheelchair? Suffering chronic illness? Suffered medication induced weight gain? Did you see their full blood count in the pic? I mean, you must have if you call them "unhealthy".

IMO mclees has every right to be offended. You singled out a section of society to hurl your bigoted insults at, and not for the first time. I guess we should be thankful they weren't Jamaican or Asian or Pakistani etc as well....or were they? You didn't mention it, so I'm pretty certain they weren't come to think of it.

You see, not everyone is as perfect and morally superior as you, so they just eek away week to week trying to survive. If they just can't be arsed to work but are fully capable, then yes they should be made to do so, but the majority of poor and uneducated people are that way through no fault of their own, and the same applies to the sick and disabled.....and many of them DO work and very hard but only get the crappy paying jobs (as mclee pointed out).

I find your frequent categorization of other social groups and races distasteful. It ruins some otherwise interesting posts.

TBH I just saw dunover's post as (1) Typical English humour and (2) Couched in a degree of fact.

I'm from the ex-industrial north of England myself originally (most of my family still lives there), and he's not too far off the truth in some regards.

Maybe it's just a UK thing, but 'Mancs' like myself (from Manchester) take the piss out of Scousers (from Liverpool) for wanting to steal stuff, and they take the piss out of us for being drug dealers, and we all take the piss out of Cockneys (from London) for being Southern wankers - and so on.

There's no real malice in there, it's just a UK humour thing that maybe doesn't cross the cultural divide.

Just youtube the Jeremy Kyle show........

TBH I just saw dunover's post as (1) Typical English humour and (2) Couched in a degree of fact.

I'm from the ex-industrial north of England myself originally (most of my family still lives there), and he's not too far off the truth in some regards.

Maybe it's just a UK thing, but 'Mancs' like myself (from Manchester) take the piss out of Scousers (from Liverpool) for wanting to steal stuff, and they take the piss out of us for being drug dealers, and we all take the piss out of Cockneys (from London) for being Southern wankers - and so on.

There's no real malice in there, it's just a UK humour thing that maybe doesn't cross the cultural divide.

Silly me. Here I was thinking that :

. Most of the players were obese females who lived up North in council houses, hadn't seen the sun for longer than Dracula and obviously had low educational attainment.

...was insulting overweight, poorly educated females on low incomes.

My apologies.

I can see now that the above remarks are just a jovial aside to provide some comic relief to the the thread.

I'm now absolutely certain that if the OP said this stuff directly to these bingocam people (and other fat, dumb and poor slappers from less affluent areas) it give them a good chuckle and brighten up their day. After all, "those types" don't have feelings or self esteem, so it doesn't matter right?

:rolleyes:

The North-South divide in the UK is a real thing though, people up North earn less, die younger, achieve less educationally, have more broken homes, and so on.

The North used to be the industrial powerhouse of the UK, once that industrial base was lost, there wasn't much left.

I'm not saying it's nice, but there's a reason that left wing parties do very well in the north of the UK, and right wing parties do very well in the south.

North is for the poor folks, South is for the rich.

Poor people gamble more, and that's a fact.

The North-South divide in the UK is a real thing though, people up North earn less, die younger, achieve less educationally, have more broken homes, and so on.

The North used to be the industrial powerhouse of the UK, once that industrial base was lost, there wasn't much left.

I'm not saying it's nice, but there's a reason that left wing parties do very well in the north of the UK, and right wing parties do very well in the south.

North is for the poor folks, South is for the rich.

Poor people gamble more, and that's a fact.

...which means?? What it says. Nothing else.

It has nothing to do with obesity, health, mobility, or race even.

You seem to be saying that poorer people are not as "valuable" as richer people., or that poorer people shouldn't be allowed to gamble. Both statements are erroneous.

If you don't mean that, then I'm confused as to what anything you just said has to do with dunover discriminating between "social classes", and inferring that if you're female, fat, and live in the North then you're a dole bludger and don't deserve happiness of any kind, not do you deserve to be treated and respected as an equal.

Exactly as I saw it, I don't think any real harm was meant by it and he said it the way most people in the UK see it, rightly or wrongly that's the way it is.

Then again, I do live in London so I think anyone who lives outside the M25 is a socially inept fucktard. :D

Personally I know poor people in the North and I know poor people in the South. The south isnt the paradise many who live there would have you believe. London for example is touted (by londoners) as the best place to live ever, the bees knees and they wouldnt live anywhere else. Fine. Believe that if you like. Everyone outside of London thinks its a dirty smelly, unfriendly place that has massively high crime levels and seriously high immigrational problems but you know each will believe what they believe. Personally speaking i`ll stick to my nice little idyllic village in the north with no crime, no pollution and a higher quality of living than most most Londoners will ever know but oops id better stop here, I would hate to become bigoted :D

Look, there's NO telling Nifty when he's on his high horse! As a colonial blessed with English as a first language, he should realize that 50% of British humour is based on stereotyping, like the way Australians after the Olympics each time state 'the Brits are good at all the sit-down sports' etc. Stereotype yes, but largely factual when you look at rowing/kayak/canoe/yachting/equestrian and cycling medals won by Britons. I thought the Aussies a little more thick-skinned than that, but hey my mistake and they are led by a Welsh lefty after all so maybe they're being emasculated by PC.:(
Like the 3 Scouse terrorists wanted by the Police - they found bin stealin' and bin dealin' but bin workin' was nowhere to be seen. Hey Nifty, if I said I found a muzzie woman under a veil offensive, you'd jump on me for being bigoted and not being understanding another culture. You need to understand, as Chopley and others have intimated, that UK humour is full of social and regional stereotypes and mickey-taking. And whether you believe it or not, my intention is just that. Nothing more, nothing less and nothing sinister.;)

Maybe I was just unlucky - if I had a look in the BingoCams again, it would be inhabited by fit Southern women, all degree educated with top careers and a bit of colour in their complexions. No black leggings, cigarettes, flab or 'lucky dust' to be seen. Or maybe not.

If everyone took umbrage at every little comment or joke then we'd end up an even more silent, humourless and miserable than the politicians have tried to make us already. :mad:

OK if I may say something. USA here. I was reading this thread and honestly I was shocked. I understand what you are calling British humor but if it is degrading and insulting what makes it funny? I'm trying not to bash here I'm trying to understand it. I mean as an outsider I read some really hurtful statements. I would hope these are not things said to someones face. Maybe it's just me not understanding, but if it can make someone feel less then what they are it's wrong to me. Like I said I'm just trying to see the funny part. What am I missing?

I quit gambling long ago but read here from time to time. My mother lives "up north" she had a stroke a few years back and is house bound and because of immobility due to her stroke has put on weight bless her. She enjoys a game of bingo or 2. Oh and also does live in council run property. She has used in the past the web cam feature .... but just to see what it was about. She also has difficulty with speech due to the stroke (not lack of intellect) Is this the kind of human being you are referring to ?

Many people who otherwise would have little interaction with the outside world due to circumstance use the net as 1 tool to be able to feel connected to the outside world. And a % of them maybe do use bingo sites. I think your statement is ignorant and insulting!

Jesus Christ (oops, blasphemy!), it was obviously a comment made in jest. There was no malicious intent. Let's not all get our panties in a twist by making something out of nothing.

OK if I may say something. USA here. I was reading this thread and honestly I was shocked. I understand what you are calling British humor but if it is degrading and insulting what makes it funny? I'm trying not to bash here I'm trying to understand it. I mean as an outsider I read some really hurtful statements. I would hope these are not things said to someones face. Maybe it's just me not understanding, but if it can make someone feel less then what they are it's wrong to me. Like I said I'm just trying to see the funny part. What am I missing?

You are missing a UK upbringing. Same as not being an American I might not quite grasp your 'trailer park' jokes (which I've heard many of here from Kelly Monteith and more recently the other Guy I cannot name short curly dark hair 40's? who is on TV sometimes here.) On Top Gear, a show you watch in the USA, Jeremy Clarkson routinely ridicules Americans for being obese, even on the terribly 'right on' BBC. You may not have seen this as it may well be edited before transmission there. One or two people always take blanket humour and social stereotype humour personally, as if it's directed at them specifically. There's always one.

That example shows the difference between you and us. When Clarkson makes his comments, the audience laughs, as do millions of people watching at home. Do those millions inundate the BBC with complaints on behalf of obese Americans they don't even know? No.

This is why you get the 'Hrrmmphhhh...my gran lives up north in a council house blah blah blah..' type of reply. Pointless. Do I know your gran personally. Do I know her name? Of course not. Don't take it personally. Especially on behalf of others you also don't know.

The thing is there are so many people with different agendas and along with the professional umbrage-taker class it's almost impossible to speak nowadays without offending someone.

Most people 'get' what I typed. They even helped explain the humour to the umbrage-takers. But in our 'enlightened' times no doubt the minority who bawl loudest will get their way. Even when their bawling is actually of more real concern than that which they were originally bawling about.

Remember we are a people that includes those who in Islands and territories occupied by the Nazis during WWII painted 'V' signs under threat of execution; do you really think all this PC supersensitivity will cow us into silence, that the drones will stop us speaking freely??? :puke:

You are missing a UK upbringing. Same as not being an American I might not quite grasp your 'trailer park' jokes (which I've heard many of here from Kelly Monteith and more recently the other Guy I cannot name short curly dark hair 40's? who is on TV sometimes here.) On Top Gear, a show you watch in the USA, Jeremy Clarkson routinely ridicules Americans for being obese, even on the terribly 'right on' BBC. You may not have seen this as it may well be edited before transmission there. One or two people always take blanket humour and social stereotype humour personally, as if it's directed at them specifically. There's always one.

That example shows the difference between you and us. When Clarkson makes his comments, the audience laughs, as do millions of people watching at home. Do those millions inundate the BBC with complaints on behalf of obese Americans they don't even know? No.

This is why you get the 'Hrrmmphhhh...my gran lives up north in a council house blah blah blah..' type of reply. Pointless. Do I know your gran personally. Do I know her name? Of course not. Don't take it personally. Especially on behalf of others you also don't know.

The thing is there are so many people with different agendas and along with the professional umbrage-taker class it's almost impossible to speak nowadays without offending someone.

Most people 'get' what I typed. They even helped explain the humour to the umbrage-takers. But in our 'enlightened' times no doubt the minority who bawl loudest will get their way. Even when their bawling is actually of more real concern than that which they were originally bawling about.

Remember we are a people that includes those who in Islands and territories occupied by the Nazis during WWII painted 'V' signs under threat of execution; do you really think all this PC supersensitivity will cow us into silence, that the drones will stop us speaking freely??? :puke:

We may not grasp them, but why are they not deemed "offensive" whereas "council estate up North" jokes are.

I believe "trailer trash" jokes are similar in nature to our "council house/ welfare scrounger" jokes. Both focus on the lowest rung of society, and use the stereotype that it is mostly their fault that they have ended up in that situation because they "can't be arsed to make the effort" to pull themselves out of it.

In truth, US "trailer parks" and UK "council estates" contain a mix of people, including the "can't be arsed" variety, but also those who have been doing well, but are unexpectedly brought down by external factors, such as illness, their firm going bust, even being the victim of crime where the financial loss is so great that they are forced down the social ladder.

Those who find this offensive would die of shock and rage if they attended a Bernard Manning gig, he is as un PC as it gets, and there are no taboo targets for his routines, especially the shows he does in private clubs.

The real problem here is the use of webcam. This shows people as they look, but shows nothing about who they are, their attitude to life, etc. It allows judgement to be made on looks alone, and once a negative judgement has been made on looks, it taints any judgement of what they may say in a chat room.

People do not "dress up" to sit in front of their PC, so you probably see players in the worst possible light via webcam.

I have tried a bingo room in the past, but it is so full of "lucky dust" that one is prone to choking. Chat is something to be avoided at all costs, a distraction to getting on and making WR on my bingo bonus. I quickly grew tired of the experience and stopped playing. I was well ahead after hitting a minor jackpot on one of their crappy slots, which also had the infuriating chat host, and even a few odd sprinklings of their lucky dust.

This makes me want to steer clear of Jackpot party unless I can routinely disable the chat and just get on with playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back