Is the rtp percentage confusing us?

The unlimited multiplier claim is just plain misleading, no matter how you dress it up. Just because it falls within being legally 'possible', it's the slot's main selling point. It's the first thing you're drawn to when booting up the game.

Now I don't imagine anyone in their right mind expects to go on indefinitely but a simple re-wording should be in order, such as 'increasing multiplier' or such nonsense. With the likes of UKGC's supposed concern for gamblers and highlighting slot designers for childish themes etc, targeting companies like BTG for spurious claims should be right up there in their list of priorities. Just sayin :cool:

Last edited:
The unlimited multiplier claim is just plain misleading, no matter how you dress it up. Just because it falls within being legally 'possible', it's the slot's main selling point. It's the first thing you're drawn to when booting up the game.

Now I don't imagine anyone in their right mind expects to go on indefinitely but a simple re-wording should be in order, such as 'increasing multiplier' or such nonsense. With the likes of UKGC's supposed concern for gamblers and highlighting slot designers for childish themes etc, targeting companies like BTG for spurious claims should be right up there in their list of priorities. Just sayin :cool:

I understand your point of view and I see both sides of the argument...

I have the same issue with "unlimited free spins" on some Blueprint games where I don't think I've ever actually had many at all!

Don't be silly. They are still making that more important and difficult decsion whether 100 maximum auto plays is still looking after the interest of us gamblers.

With that in mind it will be around July 2020 when they will look at Bonanza.

Don't be silly. They are still making that more important and difficult decsion whether 100 maximum auto plays is still looking after the interest of us gamblers.

With that in mind it will be around July 2020 when they will look at Bonanza.
True. It's the 'loss limits' that tickle me though. You can see real thought went into that one......you know, for those times a player wants to prevent losing 9999999 on a particularly bad day :laugh:

True. It's the 'loss limits' that tickle me though. You can see real thought went into that one......you know, for those times a player wants to prevent losing 9999999 on a particularly bad day :laugh:

Yeah they seem to have some very odd priorities don't they....

I was always stunned by the stunt a leading high street bookmaker pulled where after years of campaigning for the maximum amount you could wager on a single roulette spin to be reduced it was finally recognised that it should be reduced from £100 to £50.The minute the rule was brought in they had got round it by introducing cards or if you loaded money onto the machine over the counter you could still spin £100 absolutely shocking that was allowed to happen.All the gamble aware publicity that's around and something like that is allowed.Just goes to show where their morales are.

I was always stunned by the stunt a leading high street bookmaker pulled where after years of campaigning for the maximum amount you could wager on a single roulette spin to be reduced it was finally recognised that it should be reduced from £100 to £50.The minute the rule was brought in they had got round it by introducing cards or if you loaded money onto the machine over the counter you could still spin £100 absolutely shocking that was allowed to happen.All the gamble aware publicity that's around and something like that is allowed.Just goes to show where their morales are.

They didn't get around it... the rule was that you had to have a players card to get over 50 or you had to specifically ask for the higher bet limit at the counter. That was the rule the GC made. No one got around anything.

I remember some bookies trying to get me to stay the one time I went there to place a bet on a EURO 2016 match. I think it was for England to beat Iceland - a sure thing.

The guy was friendly alright, but boy was he laying it on thick. It was like "Sit down, make yourself comfortable, would you like a coffee?".

After laying my anti-winning bet and listening to his rundown of how easy everything in there was to convert, place,wager etc I scarpered outta there, respect still somewhat intact. Kind of odious places really aren't they :cool:

Twenty years ago it was virtually unheard of for anyone to self exclude from a betting shop.Now every shop has a continually growing list and it's all because of the FOBTS.Those heaps of trash should of been done away with years ago!

That's is exactly what I just said.These options were brought in the minute the max bet was reduced how did that help anyone?

The max bet wasn't reduced.

Twenty years ago it was virtually unheard of for anyone to self exclude from a betting shop.Now every shop has a continually growing list and it's all because of the FOBTS.Those heaps of trash should of been done away with years ago!

When i did games for them I hated doing the B2 modes. I hated doing games that specifically encouraged people to get 50 quid a spin.

It's ridiculous. For me the max bet should be 20 (maybe 10) tops. 2 quid will cause lose the treasury too much money... but there is no cogent argument for greater than 20 quid....

When i did games for them I hated doing the B2 modes. I hated doing games that specifically encouraged people to get 50 quid a spin.

It's ridiculous. For me the max bet should be 20 (maybe 10) tops. 2 quid will cause lose the treasury too much money... but there is no cogent argument for greater than 20 quid....
I agree it's not particularly geared around the slots though.There are are a few high rollers.The money maker is the roulette and obviously they have a lot of players that do £100 per spin covering around 8 numbers so if they hit they win between 3 and 5 hundred.The bookies no if the spin was reduced the high rollers would lose interest they wouldn't be interested in putting £2 on 10 numbers to to make £52.That would cost the industry millions of pounds and the government a lot of levy so I doubt anything will change.

The max bet wasn't reduced.
It was if you didn't have a card or load money via the counter but yeah that's my point is was reduced to supposedly help players that had a problem but all they had to do was ask for a card or load it at the counter so not much effort to genuinely help them there.

And if there is some type of safeguards in the software to prevent the games paying out 101% for years on end, then surely that would take away any element of randomness as we understand it.

A safeguard like that isn't necessary though.
People are bad at keeping their mouth shut, so if any one slot paid much more than the mathematical average suggested it would get popular very quickly, that popularity will inflate the number of spins, which then increases the odds of the slot falling back to its calculated average payout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back