I'm currently listening to...

Imagine binge-watching the entirety of Deutschland '83. Just imagine it for a second.

Turns out then that it's a splendid series, and that it's got more Cold War paranoia in it than a 48-hour 'Crash Comrade Course'!

Onto Deutschland '86 next I guess. But for now, as it's seared in my memory after, ooh, around 8 playthroughs, here's the titular Teutonic theme tune. Hammer!

I'd always heard of the ire St.Anger provoked back in the day, and so avoided it like the plague.

So on the 20th anniversary since the album's release, I gave it a listen in the early hours. Definitely a strange offering, but not without its highlights

One of my favorites from Pepe Deluxé - Queen of the Wave (2012). Well, I rarely listen to whole albums, mostly only my favorite songs, but this album, or as they say on their cover, this esoteric pop opera is a masterpiece. They are mixing progressive rock, psychedelic, alternative, indie rock, art pop, psych rock, trip hop, surf rock, space rock, baroque pop and so on...

Pepe Deluxé is a Finnish electronic music oriented band, Mixmag's Thomas Green praised the albums eccentricities, writing, "Pepe Deluxé’s fourth album makes Queen or Kanye’s madly eclectic sonic excesses look like a campfire strum-along."

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back