I was unaware of this scam

I write to them asking "what happened" and they wrote me back saying that I had provided the incorrect address that did not match up with my Neteller account; this much is true, however I only provided the wrong address
How could this go wrong?"
Sure enough he purposely loses $1000 to me raising big, making folds to a reraise and by letting me know what cards he had.
nafanny29 :Collusion is another reason why you will get your account locked an funds seized by the site.
Enough said.

I'm comparing your responses to the "you deserved it!" blithering idiocy of people who blame victims for their situation.

I do not think anyone has blamed the guy that had $1000 stolen from him by the fraudster you teamed up with. I think it is widely agreed he is the only true victim. Agreeing to participate in a chip dump and cashier bypass for another player for a fee does not quite fit the victim profile in my eyes.

As far as trying to hunt the guy down, stop wasting your time. You're out money from a poor choice. Don't you already know this guys identity anyway? Didn't you wire him money?

Thank you winbig for your well thought-out post. The only part I'd have to disagree with is the asking for feedback portion. Perhaps it is my own fault and did not make it clear, but I was simply asking for help/suggestions and not the lambasting that 98% of this post turned out to be.

I'm done trying to reason with the others who are deadset on labeling me the villain in all this. :rolleyes:

P.S. thanks for the bank suggestion, I'll have to try it tomorrow and hope for the best.

You are going to go to the bank and tell them someone this scam and think they are going to not only reimburse you but pursue the other guy too? Did you bank wire this money or send a Western Union or did he get it some other way?

Here is some constructive thought assuming Paradise does not owe you any more then the $1000 they confiscated.

Figure out if this name is legit that you sent it to. If so go after them legally (provided they are in the same country as you). I have a feeling the identity of the other party is not the person you sent it to though.

You cannot reverse a bank wire. That is the whole point of a bank wire and why the other person involved wanted a bank wire (or Western Union if that is how you sent it). This way the other party can immediately take the payout in cash and never worry about it again.

Hopefully that person is in the USA. Thanks to the patriot act, everyone that opens a bank account has to provide a state issued ID or passport, etc...as well as a valid social security number.

Even if it's a different person's account, they can still be charged as an accessory.

Ok, here goes. My suggestion is to leave well (or bad as may be) alone and bite the bullet and put it in the "learned lesson" pile for why would you even consider exposing yourself to more of this
Perhaps it is my own fault and did not make it clear, but I was simply asking for help/suggestions and not the lambasting that 98% of this post turned out to be.
lambasting as you call it or ridicule for doing something you were well aware of and that is put in WRITING that is against the rules ( collusion).

Do you not know if just the few of us believe you to be just as guilty as the one that stole the money, others in the "real" world will too? I suggest you not try to do anything about this except to remembr it for what good will embarrassing yourself in front of bank officials do except make them know what it was you were doing? As I said, if you don't have clean hands going into court, you lose automatically. Thats just the law. Just trying to save you more embarrasment and lambasting from the "outside" world.

I do not think anyone has blamed the guy that had $1000 stolen from him by the fraudster you teamed up with. I think it is widely agreed he is the only true victim. Agreeing to participate in a chip dump and cashier bypass for another player for a fee does not quite fit the victim profile in my eyes.

As far as trying to hunt the guy down, stop wasting your time. You're out money from a poor choice. Don't you already know this guys identity anyway? Didn't you wire him money?
Very well said.

:lolup:

silcngayc- yet again you have not added anything of any substance to this thread except your usual petty idiocy. Not to mention that you have done so in a jumbled, incomprehensible, grammatical-nightmare of a way.

Admin Note:

To all those whose IQs seems to be linked to their shoe size...I'm not saying I was raped, I'm comparing your responses to the "you deserved it!" blithering idiocy of people who blame victims for their situation.

Honestly silcngayc...continously screaming "you did it!!! you're guilty!!! the blood is on your hands!!!111!!" won't make it so. You obviously have knowingly been complicit in conning somone and are guilt-ridden or have no ability to consider alternatives with your black or white thinking. I'm surprised you weren't the one to come up with the glib "you can't con an honest man" garbage.

:lolup:

silcngayc- yet again you have not added anything of any substance to this thread except your usual petty idiocy. Not to mention that you have done so in a jumbled, incomprehensible, grammatical-nightmare of a way.

1.1 - No "Flaming": Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member or guest. Abusive behavior will not be tolerated and your account may be suspended. Please refrain from potty mouth language.

I think it's time for a chill pill.

Collusion is just that, it's a form of cheating. Beenhad, you should expect that forum members here have strong feelings about this. It seems you feel you didn't do anything wrong - but you did. If you wanted merely advice on how to take a poker room to court, you could have asked. But since you detailed exactly what happened, you should not have expected too much sympathy from forum members. And please watch the insulting remarks. Thank you.

The point about beenhad taking the fraudster to court is surely wrong would he not have to firstly take paradise to court first to decide whether they were within their rights to confiscate his funds.

At the moment he only has an email stating that the funds were fraudulent this would firstly have to be proven in court to be the case before he could attempt to recover the funds from the third person.

If the fraudster did use a stolen card which seems likely then the poker room should take this loss not a player if they allow fradulent players to enter the site then they have to tighten things up.

As has been mentioned if this fraudster had played on the site and lost normally then the poker room would not have confiscated the money from players who won it from him.

The fact that beenhad lost to him heads up and knew about it does not have any bearing (unless beenhad is linked to said fraudster ) on whether the poker room recovers the money from him or not.

If beenhad has no connection to the fraudster then they should not be confiscating his funds or if they are going to recover stolen funds then they recover all of them ie if the fraudster lost 2 dollars to playerx and 5 to player y ALL funds are recovered.

Poker rooms cannot pick and choose how they want to apply their policy like this i know this posting is going to get ripped to shreads now by certain people so let the ripping begin.

The fact that beenhad lost to him heads up and knew about it does not have any bearing (unless beenhad is linked to said fraudster ) on whether the poker room recovers the money from him or not.

the fact that he did know links him. how could it not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back