Horse Racing & Tips Thread

Skybet have an offer on today in the 1.45, up to £20 cash refund if your horse finished 2nd or 3rd. Leaving the favourite aside, Cenotaph surely will finish in the first 3, never been out the first 2 in its 5 races in the past 12months, Ryan Moore's record on it is 112 (the 2nd being a short head) and looking at the race theres only really 3 have a chance of winning. Ryan Moore only has two rides at the meeting, and the other one is a 16/1 outsider. It's up in class but it isn't exactly a strong race. Kachy (the fav) is poorly drawn so although has a good chance, I wouldn't be backing it at the current odds. £20 win for me on it :)

Ivanovich Gorbatov in the 2.00 is a decent horse, although you wouldn't think it from its recent runs. Has tt and blinkers back on today, at 33/1 6 places with a few bookies I'm going to have a small EW bet.

In the 2.55 I might do a trifecta on Wissahickon, Big country and Court House, won't pay much, possibly £15, but can't see anything else being involved, will only do it if I'm in profit at that point though.

Skybet have an offer on today in the 1.45, up to £20 cash refund if your horse finished 2nd or 3rd. Leaving the favourite aside, Cenotaph surely will finish in the first 3, never been out the first 2 in its 5 races in the past 12months, Ryan Moore's record on it is 112 (the 2nd being a short head) and looking at the race theres only really 3 have a chance of winning. Ryan Moore only has two rides at the meeting, and the other one is a 16/1 outsider. It's up in class but it isn't exactly a strong race. Kachy (the fav) is poorly drawn so although has a good chance, I wouldn't be backing it at the current odds. £20 win for me on it :)

Ivanovich Gorbatov in the 2.00 is a decent horse, although you wouldn't think it from its recent runs. Has tt and blinkers back on today, at 33/1 6 places with a few bookies I'm going to have a small EW bet.

In the 2.55 I might do a trifecta on Wissahickon, Big country and Court House, won't pay much, possibly £15, but can't see anything else being involved, will only do it if I'm in profit at that point though.

And did you do the trifecta see it paid £10.80

Well the 1.45 didn't go to plan with mine coming 6th, but Ivan came 3rd after being backed into 16/1 (from 50's early this morning) beaten 1.5 lengths

I wasn't confident at all about todays racing so I just stuck a small yankee. I'm pleased about it now because from all of the bets I was thinking of staking I would have lost every penny :)

A couple of bets today, assuming Market Rasen goes ahead.
I can't see Sean Bowen going there for nothing, and is back in form, so small EW bets on his two, currently 28/1 and 13/2.
In the same race as the first one (2.55) the money for Boldmere is interesting, so will do a little EW on that (currently 25/1 from a widely available 66/1 earlier) and a small RFC on the two of them just in case :)

A couple of bets today, assuming Market Rasen goes ahead.
I can't see Sean Bowen going there for nothing, and is back in form, so small EW bets on his two, currently 28/1 and 13/2.
In the same race as the first one (2.55) the money for Boldmere is interesting, so will do a little EW on that (currently 25/1 from a widely available 66/1 earlier) and a small RFC on the two of them just in case :)
I have already put my bets on for today and one of those is Bowen's in the 430. I've been quite careful with my bets recently because I've done crap on the gee gees since before xmas.
Good luck today Col

• 5th Feb MARKET RASEN 16:30 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 7f 16y - Each Way
    7. Treasure Dillon5/1
    E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 4 Places

• 5th Feb MARKET RASEN 16:00 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 7f 191y - Each Way
    7. Dartford Warbler11/2
    E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 3 Places

• 5th Feb MARKET RASEN 15:25 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 4f 139y - Each Way
    6. Minella Fiveo5/1

• 5th Feb NEWCASTLE 16:10 HANDICAP 1m 4f 98y - Each Way
    6. Hugoigo8/1

And

• 5th Feb NEWCASTLE 16:45 EVENT 1m 0f 5y - Each Way
    6. Tum Tum5/2

• 5th Feb NEWCASTLE 17:15 HANDICAP 0m 7f 14y - Each Way
    5. Grey Destiny10/3
    E/W Terms: 1/4 Odds | 2 Places

• 5th Feb NEWCASTLE 17:45 HANDICAP 0m 5f 0y - Each Way
    10. Archimedes6/1

• 5th Feb NEWCASTLE 18:45 HANDICAP 1m 0f 5y - Each Way
    7. Macs Blessings10/3

Boldmere won at 14/1
Sean didn't ride the other one, wish I had seen that before having the bet. He is still riding Treasure Dillon in the last though and now is 4/1 so having a decent bet on that one, well £20 anyway lol.

Boldmere won at 14/1
Sean didn't ride the other one, wish I had seen that before having the bet. He is still riding Treasure Dillon in the last though and now is 4/1 so having a decent bet on that one, well £20 anyway lol.

Very nice touch on Boldmere. I don't really spend time studying the markets before placing my bets.

Very nice touch on Boldmere. I don't really spend time studying the markets before placing my bets.

Usually I don't, I only noticed it as it was under Sean Bowen's in the same race and I saw the odds went from 66-50-33-25 so looked a little closer at the market volumes on Betfair and thought it was worth a bet. Plus the trainer and jockey combination do ok which was another plus :)

Usually I don't, I only noticed it as it was under Sean Bowen's in the same race and I saw the odds went from 66-50-33-25 so looked a little closer at the market volumes on Betfair and thought it was worth a bet. Plus the trainer and jockey combination do ok which was another plus :)

According to my paper he wasn't meant to be on that horse? I guess that the swap alerted a few punters?

According to my paper he wasn't meant to be on that horse? I guess that the swap alerted a few punters?

No sorry, Sean was meant to be on another one, on the racing post Boldmere was under Sean's horse and that was how I saw it. Unless you mean Keiron wasn't meant to be on Boldmere, he was when I saw it but there could have been a jockey change earlier that I didn't see.

No time to post reasons why, but Court Royale is worth a couple of quid each way in the 4.15 today. Has ran 7 times on good, has been in the first 3 6 of those times.

Pretty big sustained gamble on Thounder in the 3.25 at Huntingdon this afternoon. Last time Gary Moore had a gamble on one of his horses, it went from 16/1 - 6/1 and won. It's also had a third of all the money on betfair and currently has more than double traded on it than any other hosre in the race.

Fair Alibi in the 3.35 has been backed from 50's this monring to a best price of 10-1 now. Not sure why cos theres absolutely nothing to suggest it will finish in the first half of the race let alone a place. However it is currently a lower price on Betfair exchange than the bookies are offering, which tends to mean someone knows something.

The one horse I backed earlier is Doctor Sardonicus in the 6.10. The price has gone now as it was 7/2 (now 2/1) but can only see one danger, that being Shamshon, so, depending on prices later in the day, might do a forecast on them.

Good luck if anyones having a bet

Pretty big sustained gamble on Thounder in the 3.25 at Huntingdon this afternoon. Last time Gary Moore had a gamble on one of his horses, it went from 16/1 - 6/1 and won. It's also had a third of all the money on betfair and currently has more than double traded on it than any other hosre in the race.

Fair Alibi in the 3.35 has been backed from 50's this monring to a best price of 10-1 now. Not sure why cos theres absolutely nothing to suggest it will finish in the first half of the race let alone a place. However it is currently a lower price on Betfair exchange than the bookies are offering, which tends to mean someone knows something.

The one horse I backed earlier is Doctor Sardonicus in the 6.10. The price has gone now as it was 7/2 (now 2/1) but can only see one danger, that being Shamshon, so, depending on prices later in the day, might do a forecast on them.

Good luck if anyones having a bet
I took Court Royale the other day each way but I didn't get round to posting my full bet. Thounder is an interesting one but I have already staked my bet for today. I will keep and eye out for the others if I can but I'm bloody busy. Here's my punts for today. My first won . Good luck with yours Col

• 21st Feb SEDGEFIELD 13:35 HANDICAP CHASE 3m 2f 59y - Each Way
    7. Shaiyzar5/1

• 21st Feb SOUTHWELL 16:10 HANDICAP 0m 6f 16y - Each Way
    2. Angel Palanas7/2

• 21st Feb SOUTHWELL 15:00 HANDICAP 0m 7f 14y - Each Way
    6. Alpha Tauri14/1

• 21st Feb SOUTHWELL 14:25 HANDICAP 1m 0f 13y - Each Way
    10. Foxrush Take Time18/1

Good luck everyone at Cheltenham and don't forget to check all of your bookie accounts for giveaways and deals as there seems to be plenty about. I should have been working at Cheltenham all of this week but I opted to stay local instead :)

• 12th Mar CHELTENHAM 13:30 NOVICES' HURDLE 2m 0f 87y - Each Way
    1. Al Dancer9/2
    E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 5 Places
    Rule 4: 5p DeductionMore

• 12th Mar CHELTENHAM 14:10 NOVICES' CHASE 1m 7f 199y - Each Way
    6. Kalashnikov10/1

• 12th Mar CHELTENHAM 14:50 HANDICAP CHASE 3m 1f 0y - Each Way
    11. Crucial Role12/1
    E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 6 Places

• 12th Mar CHELTENHAM 15:30 EVENT 2m 0f 87y - Each Way
    9. Laurina4/1

• 12th Mar CHELTENHAM 16:50 NOVICE'S HANDICAP CHASE 2m 4f 44y - Each Way
    9. Walt11/1

Good luck with those Col, had the 2nd in the first race as my £20 single which is typical. But money back so no harm done.

2.10 Paloma Blue
2.50 Mr Whitaker
4.50 A Plus Tard
5.30 Gun Digger

are my EW Lucky 15, with the 2.50 being the most confident. I actually prefer Glen Forsa in the 2.20 but was looking for EW prices, may do a FC on the 2.

Think its significant that Sean Bowen is riding at Sedgefield this afternoon when I'm sure he could have had some decent rides at Cheltenham, so doing a £20 double on them with PP as it's refunded in cash if it loses.

My bets today

2019-03-14.png

The £20 win is cashback if it loses so a no lose bet

Finally got into a bit of profit yesterday with the forecast on the cross country, love that race, am up loads on it over the years!

00010137A.png

Spiritofthegames
8/1
Win - 16:10 Cheltenham £5 win £40

Cause I like the name and jockey strip :laugh:

Road To Respect
(Win or Each Way)
9/2
14:50 Cheltenham
Supasundae
(Win or Each Way)
6/1
15:30 Cheltenham
Stake
£1.00
Returns
£37.50

Real Steel
(Win or Each Way)
13/2
13:30 Cheltenham
Aaron Lad
(Win or Each Way)
11/1
14:10 Cheltenham
Stake
£1.00
Returns
£89.00

I did pretty well with yesterdays EW lucky 31 so my punts for the next few days are covered. This is my bet for today

• 14th Mar CHELTENHAM 13:30 NOVICES' CHASE 2m 3f 168y - Each Way
    6. Real Steel6/113/2

• 14th Mar CHELTENHAM 14:10 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 7f 213y - Each Way
    8. Aaron Lad18/1
    E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 6 Places

• 14th Mar CHELTENHAM 14:50 EVENT 2m 4f 127y - Each Way
    6. Frodon7/1

• 14th Mar CHELTENHAM 16:10 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 4f 127y - Each Way
    12. Siruh Du Lac6/1

• 14th Mar CHELTENHAM 16:50 NOVICES' HURDLE 2m 0f 179y - Each Way
    1. Posh Trish11/2
plus a small one at Hexam

• 14th Mar HEXHAM 14:35 NOVICE'S HANDICAP CHASE 3m 0f 41y - Each Way
    2. Mcgintys Dream11/4

• 14th Mar HEXHAM 15:55 HANDICAP CHASE 3m 7f 199y - Each Way
    1. Teddy Tee10/1
    E/W Terms: 1/4 Odds | 3 Places

• 14th Mar HEXHAM 16:35 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 0f 48y - Each Way
    4. Princess Mononoke7/2

• 14th Mar HEXHAM 17:50 MAIDEN HURDLE 2m 4f 28y - Each Way
    6. Speak Of The Devil15/2
Good luck with your bets :)

I got quite emotional watching Bryony Frost's reactions to winning that race on Frodon. Isn't she brilliant?
And how unlucky where you Col with yours coming second?

Good luck Col
Not as unlucky as the bet I stuck on while I was in the bookies £2 RTricast on Frondon, Monalee and Aso (would have been £1400ish if Monalee was 3rd instead of 4th :( ) and £8 SFC on Monalee and Aso, again would have been £1k+ :(
I've met Bryony a couple of times and she's just as nice in person as she comes across on telly.

Really don't like Paisley Park here, Coleman has an apalling record at the festival, something like 1 winner from 110 rides. Might be his second today but not for me at the price, even though the horse should be good enough

Good luck Col
Not as unlucky as the bet I stuck on while I was in the bookies £2 RTricast on Frondon, Monalee and Aso (would have been £1400ish if Monalee was 3rd instead of 4th :( ) and £8 SFC on Monalee and Aso, again would have been £1k+ :(
I've met Bryony a couple of times and she's just as nice in person as she comes across on telly.

Really don't like Paisley Park here, Coleman has an apalling record at the festival, something like 1 winner from 110 rides. Might be his second today but not for me at the price, even though the horse should be good enough

Yeah I didn't fancy it either at that price but it won. I just need one more winner from the next two races at Cheltenham to be be in profit again.

I've stuck this on for this evening.

• 14th Mar SOUTHWELL 17:55 HANDICAP 0m 6f 16y - Each Way
    8. Dream Ally20/1

• 14th Mar SOUTHWELL 19:00 HANDICAP 0m 4f 214y - Each Way
    9. Tathmeen15/2

• 14th Mar SOUTHWELL 20:00 HANDICAP 2m 0f 102y - Each Way
    5. Tynecastle Park5/2

• 14th Mar SOUTHWELL 20:30 HANDICAP 1m 0f 13y - Each Way
    11. Baron Run12/1