help needed - ULIMATEPAY

shadow123

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
MM
Hi

Hope someone out can help me,I checked my bank statement a couple of weeks ago and found 3 unauthorized payments
labelled ULIMATEPAY . All 3 were made on the same day and for the same amount.
On contacting the bank they say that they were made by a gaming site site but could give no further details.
I have searched everywhere on the web but can find no reference to ULIMATEPAY, only some to ULTIMATEPAY,which is definatey
not the spelling of the payment label. Any help would be appriciated

Thanks

Seems to be the same thing, a common mis spelling found throught the web, even misspelt in a transcation notification from Skrill to a Skype customer as "it will appear as ulimatepay on your statement".

It seems to be an umbrella payment vehicle funded by an attached debit/credit card that is used widely in online games (not necessarily gambling).

There seems to have been a number of recent posts from members who have found fraudulent charges on their card.

Have you ever deposited on the Merge poker network?

(Something Jetset mentioned as a new "scandal" just coming to light regarding credit card fraud).

It appears that someone somewhere may have stolen a credit card dataset from an operator or processor, with sufficient information to be able to make charges against the cards.

Anyone who used, or has recently used, any type of card for gambling purchases should keep a very close eye on their statements until more is known about this issue.

Seems to be the same thing, a common mis spelling found throught the web, even misspelt in a transcation notification from Skrill to a Skype customer as "it will appear as ulimatepay on your statement".

It seems to be an umbrella payment vehicle funded by an attached debit/credit card that is used widely in online games (not necessarily gambling).

There seems to have been a number of recent posts from members who have found fraudulent charges on their card.

Have you ever deposited on the Merge poker network?

(Something Jetset mentioned as a new "scandal" just coming to light regarding credit card fraud).

It appears that someone somewhere may have stolen a credit card dataset from an operator or processor, with sufficient information to be able to make charges against the cards.

Anyone who used, or has recently used, any type of card for gambling purchases should keep a very close eye on their statements until more is known about this issue.

Thanks for the feedback,the bank have agreed to refund the charges while they investigate the payments and will let me know the outcome,
so i will post the info if it is a fraud.
BTW the 3 payments were for £27.37 each all on the same day. It sounds like $40, a deposit which is not the type I would make.
It could be that they kept the transactions small so as not to attract attention. The bank would have declined further attempts as I purposely dont keep much it the account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back