Halloween games For all the kids

BingoT

Nurses love to give shots
I have had this for a long time and I like to share with all.
Happy Halloween

Halloween games

We have adapted tic tac toe to play at Halloween or just for fall. Just take a large piece of poster board and draw the tic tac toe lines on it and then laminate if possible. Then cut out pumpkin and leaf shapes or ghosts and witch hat shapes and simply play tic tac toe. This is a great game for out preschool classes.
~~~~~~~
Create the Spider's Web. This is a Halloween game that works well when the parents visit for our Halloween party. The children sit in a large circle with one adult sitting next to each child. Take a large ball of yarn and have the child throw it across the circle to another child. [The parent holds on to the yarn before ball is thrown.] Continue throwing the yarn back and forth until a large spider web is created. Place a large paper spider in the center and try to lift up the web without the spider falling off. The children love this gave and the parent enjoy being involved, too.
~~~~~~~
Have children find places in the room and crouch down to look like pumpkins. Teacher begins by walking around the room saying: "Pumpkin Patch, pumpkin patch. Looking for a pumpkin in a pumpkin patch. Here's one nice and fat, turn into a jack-o-lantern just like that!" She stops and taps the child closest to her on the word "that" Child then gets up and joins teacher by the hand and repeats the activity until all the children have been chosen. A fun, non-competitive game.
~~~~~~~
Ghost Ten Pin Bowling
Put a little sand in the bottom of ten large soda bottles to give them weight. Then cover the bottles with medium sized garbage bags, secure with tape. Let the children draw faces on the ghost bottles with black marker. Set up like ten pin bowling but use a soft ball to bowl the ghosts down. kids of all ages love this game.
~~~~~~~
Pin the heart on the skeleton
Buy a skeleton already on a big sheet of paper or draw it. Tape a heart to it where a normal hart would be, then get red construction paper and help your kids cut out little heart , put tape on the back of them. Blindfold them, and have them try to get the closest to the heart you put on! My kids have lots of fun with it!
~~~~~~~
Halloween Games
Pin The Nose On The Pumpkin

Supplies:

1 large plastic orange table cloth

1 permanent black marker

A couple of sheets of black construction paper

1 white out pen

Directions:

With permanent marker draw a giant pumpkin on the orange table cloth. Then draw and color in the eyes and the mouth. **Do Not draw in the nose** Then take the black construction paper and cut it into a bunch of triangle shapes "noses". With the white out pen start on the first nose and write 1, then on the next write 2, and so on until you have one nose for each child.

Then tape up your pumpkin, and one at a time blind fold the children and see who can get their nose the closest to where the real nose should be. I teach a class of four year olds, and they LOVE this game!
~~~~~~~
This idea takes a little work but once you have done it you can use it year after year. Purchase plastic golf balls and spray paint them orange. Next using permanent marker draw different silly and spooky faces on them. Let dry. Place these balls in your water table and give your children strainer nets or fish nets and let them catch all the pumpkins and put them in a large jack lantern (plastic store bought one) My kids love this activity and I look forward to bringing it out year after year Have fun !!
~~~~~~~
I actually first saw this in one of my parenting magazines and adapted it to suit our preschool classroom. We took a white sheet and painted rows of witch hats, pumpkins, ghosts and black cats. We then played a Halloween version of twister. The kids love it and its something we can use year after year. It's great for teaching left and right too.
~~~~~~~
This is a variation of duck duck goose. "Ghost-ghost-witch". The witch goes around saying ghost-ghost -ghost.......witch .then the witch has to chase the ghost and if she catch the ghost she can pun a spell on it. (make him sing, dance, bark etc.)
~~~~~~~
Pumpkin Buckets
This game is based on Bozo buckets, only use pumpkins that children use to collect candy on Halloween night. Use 5 or 6 buckets and place them in a line (front to back) and give children bean bags to try to toss into each pumpkin beginning with the closest pumpkin.
~~~~~~~
Halloween Bone Toss
Materials: - One large mason jar or bucket - several bleached chicken bones-or- plastic if desired

Have the children stand about 3 to 6 feet away (depending on age) from the jar/bucket. They then have to try to toss the bones into the bucket/jar. Great for hand-eye co-ordination and judgment of distance.
~~~~~~~
Eyeball Mini Putt
A great Halloween indoor/outdoor game. *great for hand-eye co-ordination Materials: - a dozen or so of those novelty eyeballs *can be found at most novelty stores - a few plastic golf clubs - shoe boxes or milk containers
Decorate the boxes or containers in a festive deco and cut out a large enough entrance/exit to allow the balls to pass through. Then just set up a miniature golf course inside or outside. *sand boxes work great to create a challenging course.
~~~~~~~
Pin the Nose on Jack
Purchase a large orange leaf bag that resembles a jack-o-lantern. Make a nose the same size as on the bag from tag board or paper. Place sticky tack or tape on back, blindfold students, and let them try to pin the nose on Jack!
~~~~~~~
We play a game with chocolate donuts and we string them on a string and we spread them apart maybe six at a time and then we have the kids eat the donuts off the string with their hands behind their backs!! Use only chocolate, don't use the white powder sugar they are hard to swallow fast!! And also I have made a really cheap Halloween piata by taking one of those big leaf pumpkin trash bags and filling it with candy and cheap toys from Oriental Trade Co. and then I hang it up and have everyone take a whack at it!!! I stuff it with newspaper to make it look really fat!!
~~~~~~~
Ring around the Ghost
Simple game that is played like "Ring around the Rosie" except you use a chair covered up with a white sheet. I let the children each take a turn being the ghost in the middle. They loved it!!
~~~~~~~
This idea is great for 3's-- In your rice or sand table, sprinkle some of that neat shiny confetti--for fall you can use leaves, for Halloween you can use pumpkins or bats, etc. Have children go on a "treasure hunt" in the rice or sand and find the little pumpkins, bats, etc. When they have found all the confetti, each child can count how many they found-- you can also give the kids magnifying glasses to help with their search--the rice table has never looked so neat!
~~~~~~~
Fall Harvest Activity
We buy enough pumpkins for each child in the school, plus extra) and place them in a large circle on the lawn. In small groups the children run around the entire circle then walk back around and choose a pumpkin of their own. We write their names on them and put them in a garden cart. Together the group pushes the cart back to their classroom. The pumpkins are then used for counting and measuring activities. We also have other outdoor centers going on at the same time. We hide small treat bags in several bales of hay and the children take turns finding their prize. A Fall obstacle course; climb over a bale of hay, jump over small pumpkins, throw a hula hoop over a large pumpkin.
~~~~~~~
Mummy Wrap Have your children form two groups. Each group picks one person to be the mummy. The rest of the children try to wrap the mummy using toilet paper.
~~~~~~~
During Halloween we play Halloween Bingo. I make bingo cards using recognizable Halloween pictures such as bats, jack-o-lanterns, witches, etc.. I divide each card into 9 equal squares and cut and paste copies of pictures into the squares and laminate. I make sure that each card has 9 different figures, but not all cards will have the exact same figures (you'll probably need at least 12 different figures). One of each of these pictures is put onto a "draw card" and one card at a time is drawn and called, at which time the children playing cover the matching picture. You can either play to get 3 in a row or black out. We use candy corn as bingo markers then have a sweet snack when the game is over.
~~~~~~~
Make a Jack-O-Lantern on one side of a heavy cardboard box. Cut out the eyes, nose & mouth big enough that a bean bag can go through it. You can make it lean back by cutting out the opposite side of the box and along the bottom on the two adjacent sides. You may need to use the back part to build braces to support it where you want it. Make bean bags and let the kids throw it through.
~~~~~~~
During Halloween we learn how to sort. One of the things we sort is wrapped candy. I ask each child to bring in a bag of candy and they may sort it according to type of candy, color of wrappers, size, etc.. any way they can think of. At the end of class we divided the candy equally among the children. This is a great activity for them around Halloween time. I also tell them that after they come home from Trick-or-Treat they should sort their candy to show their parents what they have learned.
~~~~~~~
EASY GAME TO PLAY!!!! Buy pumpkins of all sizes but not to big the kids can't pick them up.(they like little ones) Hide them in the yard and let the kids find them.You can also tape candy to them. It is fun to if you put streamers around the trees and fence.
~~~~~~~
Pin The Tail On The Cat

Cut out a cat shape from black felt. Use fabric paint to add the eyes, nose and whiskers. Cut out several tails from black felt and sew or glue the hook side of velcro onto the end that attaches to the cat. The hook velcro will stick to the felt anywhere the children put it. Then play they game just like pin the tail on the donkey.
~~~~~~~
Spray shaving cream on your carved pumpkin jack'o'lantern.

Take turns shaving the pumpkin with safety razors that

have the blades removed.
~~~~~~~
Materials

Two ghosts, draw them or use two ghost figures.

Preparation

Cut white construction paper into 4"x5" pieces. Roll and tape to form tubes. These are the ghost callers. Make one for each child.

1. Go on a ghost hunt! Show everyone the two ghosts. Have children close eyes. Teacher hides the ghosts.

2. Children open eyes and count 1-2-3 Ghost! On the count of Ghost the hunt begins.

3. The children who find the two ghosts sit by the teacher. Give them a ghost caller and let them make ghost noises for the next ghost hunt. The noise helps call the ghosts from their hiding places.

4. Continue til all children are making ghost noises.

More to do- different hunts-

Turkey callers-hide turkeys

Baby chick callers-easter eggs

Kitty callers-hide kittens

Ages 3 and up

Hope you enjoy this one. It really is a lot of fun!
~~~~~~~
Pass The Pumpkin

Sit in a circle. Provide a plastic pumpkin for children to pass while the teacher beats on a drum. Children pass the pumpkin to the tempo of the music. Alternate between slow and fast. When the music stops the child who has the pumpkin stands and takes a bow. Continue process.
~~~~~~~
Spook-E-Do

Tell the children that each one of them will have a chance to show the others in the group a trick. Call on a child and lead the group to chant:

Hello, (Child's Name), Spook-E-Doo

What is the trick you are going to do?

Will you hop, or bend, or spin around?

Stretch, or wiggle, or touch the ground?

Continue until all the children have had a chance to show their trick.
~~~~~~~
Pin The Stem On The Pumpkin

Have the children paint a large cardboard pumpkin shape. When the pumpkin is dry, secure it to the wall or your bullitan board. Give each child a construction paper stem with a piece of tape looped at the top. Let each child cover or close their eyes and let them try to pin the stem on the pumpkin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back