Guest blogging requests, the new 'link exchange spam'

conker

Dormant account
Having recently added a new blog to our site I am getting regular requests from so called Guest bloggers. These are the people propably digging through some 3 year old threads on SEO Chat or wherever and think this sort of thing still works.

I decided to respond to this one. I have blanked out his details so he doesn't get too embarrassed:

Some friendly advice for you J****** - and then I suggest crawling back into whatever little hole you appeared from.

Hi There,
Take a few seconds to see who you are talking to, the names are all over the article

Greetings of the day!
Cheesy

My name is Joseph and I have enjoyed reading your blog for some time now.
Really, we only started it 2 weeks ago

As a fellow writer and Kindle publishing enthusiast, I would like to first thank you for the sheer volume of useful resources you have compiled for authors in your blog and across the web.
How do you know I like Kindles? Sheer volume, we have 5 articles live!

I dig your style!
Please, stop with the cheese

I noticed that you feature some guest postings from other authors in your blog on occasion. Is this something that you are still open to allowing?
Not true

The reason I ask is because I also blog about self-publishing and author promotion on my blog, among other topics. Assuming you are willing to consider a guest post submission, would you mind letting me know what type of post you are currently most interested in for your blog?
Where is this blog? Why would you send this without some reference to your almightly blog?

Being a long time reader at this point, I feel that I have a pretty good grasp on the type of stuff your readers might enjoy and find helpful.
Long time reader! For all of two weeks hey!

However, I was just hoping to touch base with you to find out what you think would be best. If this isn't something you are interested in, then no worries! Thank you for your time and consideration, either way.
I think the 'no worries' part was a good bit to add!

I look forward to your response and keep up the great work!

Sincerely
J***** Y******

If I had more time I would do this to every one I get so that hopefully they would get the message. However, I am probably responding to a bot, who has no idea what I am saying and it will be a waste of 15 minutes. Still, it was a bit of fun putting some responses together. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back