Got to love these stories!!

same_old

Dormant account
webmeister
PABaccred
Hi All,

I came across this today and it put a smile on my face. Personally I love it when you hear of people that are struggling have a good win.

A GRANDFATHER struggling to raise his four-year-old granddaughter after she lost her mum to ovarian cancer has won a $1.92m Keno jackpot.

The 57-year-old Mount Annan man "broke down and cried tears of joy" when he heard the news this morning, reported The Daily Telegraph.

Life has changed forever for the overjoyed grandad, who lost his only daughter to ovarian cancer after the birth of his now four-and-a-half year old granddaughter, whom he was raising with his wife while struggling to keep his business afloat.

“I’m still crying,” the man said.

“I can’t believe it: it’s unbelievable. You have no idea how happy we are,” he said.

“It’s been a life-changing experience for me. I am overawed: absolutely, totally and utterly surprised that I won such a lot of money.

“We’ve had a really tough last five years. Our daughter passed away and my business has been going bad.

“It just means that I don’t have to work anymore, and I can provide my granddaughter with all the things I ever wanted to give her and all the things her mother would have wanted her to have.”

The man, who does not want to be identified, bought a Keno ticket last night using the same 10 numbers he has played with for years, but didn’t come in to his local pub to check the ticket until this morning.

The winner’s wife said she felt calm about the win, but was sure it was a protective reaction.

“It’s probably just my body protecting me from having a heart attack,” she said. “I think I would have a heart attack if it sunk in.”

The man said he was not returning to work tomorrow and would definitely be taking his family on an overseas holiday.

He also plans to donate some of his winnings to a cancer charity.

The winning numbers were 9, 10, 12, 15, 16, 17, 26, 28, 36 and 40

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

A GRANDFATHER struggling to raise his four-year-old granddaughter after she lost her mum to ovarian cancer

It would be a BIG honor for me to shake his hand...

Hi All,

I came across this today and it put a smile on my face. Personally I love it when you hear of people that are struggling have a good win.

A GRANDFATHER struggling to raise his four-year-old granddaughter after she lost her mum to ovarian cancer has won a $1.92m Keno jackpot.

The 57-year-old Mount Annan man "broke down and cried tears of joy" when he heard the news this morning, reported The Daily Telegraph.

Life has changed forever for the overjoyed grandad, who lost his only daughter to ovarian cancer after the birth of his now four-and-a-half year old granddaughter, whom he was raising with his wife while struggling to keep his business afloat.

“I’m still crying,” the man said.

“I can’t believe it: it’s unbelievable. You have no idea how happy we are,” he said.

“It’s been a life-changing experience for me. I am overawed: absolutely, totally and utterly surprised that I won such a lot of money.

“We’ve had a really tough last five years. Our daughter passed away and my business has been going bad.

“It just means that I don’t have to work anymore, and I can provide my granddaughter with all the things I ever wanted to give her and all the things her mother would have wanted her to have.”

The man, who does not want to be identified, bought a Keno ticket last night using the same 10 numbers he has played with for years, but didn’t come in to his local pub to check the ticket until this morning.

The winner’s wife said she felt calm about the win, but was sure it was a protective reaction.

“It’s probably just my body protecting me from having a heart attack,” she said. “I think I would have a heart attack if it sunk in.”

The man said he was not returning to work tomorrow and would definitely be taking his family on an overseas holiday.

He also plans to donate some of his winnings to a cancer charity.

The winning numbers were 9, 10, 12, 15, 16, 17, 26, 28, 36 and 40

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

thank you so much for posting this.

makes ones heart feel so good when this happens but it does.nt happen often enough.

thank you again

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back