Goonies Slot - Why do so many dislike it?

jackpotjackpot

Banned User
PABnononaccred
Hi,

I've really enjoyed playing Goonies, but I come across so many comments saying the chances to actually win something decent on this slot is very low.

The first time I played it, I got the top feature at £2 stake and won £800. I just find the features really enjoyable and the option to gamble with the added super gamble is fun, plus the excitement of the key turning red (even though it's never happened to me). I agree though the payouts are very low, sometimes on a bad run you may not even get a feature during long game-play.

What do you guys think?

Its not a bad slot imo.
But its more or less the same as a buttload of other blueprint slots, ted, beavis&butthead, sausage party, jungle jackpots, top cat etc.. etc..
All have those mini-features in the basegame and you kind of have to gamble your bonuses because it always ends up in the bottom 3 of the choices, wich means you will often end up with a mystery win.

Potential for some really big hits seem extremely low, and for me as a lowroller, id rather go for more volatile slots. But like i said, i dont think they slots are bad, just not the right slots for me. =)

Last edited:
Played it a lot since it came out, had a few good wins on it , but nothing really good. It keeps you entertained mostly, but as kroffe says, its like many other bluprints with similar features - which if you like them then youll probably like their other games.

Rarely get above the bottom 2-3 features, and usually when i gamble them on occasion I almost always lose and end up with the mystery win! :laugh:

There's nothing inherently wrong with either Goonies or Blueprint in general. They make licenced games very well and will always stay true to the source material, so if anything, their games are excellent fan-service.

I shan't imagine too many of today's 13 year-old gamblers would even be overly-familiar with the likes of Goonies, Count Duckula, Top Cat etc, they can't help being stupid. They may know Ted though, tell a lie

Fact is Goonies is great fun - for fans at least. As are most Blueprint releases, simply based on the flow of regular features and all-round hijinks

You'll never win anything of note on BP, but that's irrelevant really; best one can hope for is to get small balance boosts here and there for more 'serious' games

So Goonies isn't what I'd play to win big on, but probably as good an adaptation as they could have done, and just simply fun

Inferno spins paid me over 500x on 60p.
It’s just a boring generic re skin of other titles.
Watch your fav streamer and ask them as they are the industry experts and will give you a honest answer.

my opinion... most of the time it’s shite.

It's much better than the juvenile film of the same title. In fact it's the only good thing to come from that shipwreck of a film(see what I did there)

Noooo its a brilliant film. I loved every silly minute. The cast reunited in April over zoom social distancing obviously for charity including Spielberg and Cyndi lauper . Chunk is now skinny and bald. They all got old but its a classic film .

I loved the Goonies movie, and the slot I also love, yes I agree the wins are pretty poor on them and all the other slots they make which is similar. But the Megaway slots they make are at least far better and have far higher potential and you can win a lot more on them than you can from The Goonies, Ted etc etc etc........

Exception is Legacy Of the Gods, their most recent megaway slot. That slot seriously is pure evil filthy bullshit...... I played it a lot because it has a different type of feature where you can pick from either 1X multiplier each freespin win or 2X or 3X. I always choose the mystery one and then pick my spins and multiplier. And I have been shafted soo many times, I have picked the highest number of spins and highest multiplier and every time without fail, dead spins after dead spins and biggest win was around 50X on it. It seriously is a joke of a slot. No idea if it was just my bad luck or not but it seriously shafts me every damn time.

Not only that even triggering the damn feature on it too is also impossibly hard...... I miss the days when we could buy features on them in the UK......... UKGC sucked when they removed them options on the slots :(

Not only that even triggering the damn feature on it too is also impossibly hard...... I miss the days when we could buy features on them in the UK......... UKGC sucked when they removed them options on the slots :(

That's a different debate, but personally I thought they were right to do so. Offering people the chance to lose hundreds of pounds in one spin was always wrong when it came to responsible gambling. I recall reading a sad story on that Bandit guys website of a married women, 2 children who watched his streams and and thought buying Extra Chilli bonuses would win her some money for Christmas. She got in to deep buying them, lost thousands of pounds in very short amount of time, tried to commit suicide and ended up in hospital over xmas with serious injuries.

Bonus buys to my mind never equated to responsible gambling. Could never see the point anyway, half the fun is chasing the bonus and the thrill when it comes in.

As an aside it's also an indication of the influence that streamers have over weak minded individuals and why they have a certain social responsibility to my mind, and not just show short clips of huge wins at £5 and up stakes

I don't think they should have been removed. Streamers aren't representative of normal gamblers and so don't hold sway over my menial betting patterns. So those that attempt to emulate their 'feats' are clearly not based in reality if they believe in any way they're likely to replicate those 'wins'.

But that's been covered to high heaven, best not tread there!

Fact is not every punter will go storming in there with £1000s and reel off consecutive Bonus Buys, as the Daily Mail would have us believe. I was quite content using either a) previously accumulated winnings to have a few WR features for example or b) happily do a mini-flurry of £10 BBs to satiate my bonus lust. So the notion that Bonus Buys in these games are the work of the devil is a falsity

Though as I stated prior, best thing would have been for the UKGC to implement a cap on either maximum BB stake allowed, and/or limit them to a certain number of purchases per x y z timeframe. We have every other type of 'tool' available *cough* but of course that would have been too hard for them

Inferno spins paid me over 500x on 60p.
It’s just a boring generic re skin of other titles.
Watch your fav streamer and ask them as they are the industry experts and will give you a honest answer.

my opinion... most of the time it’s shite.
Streamers don't represent the entire player community. Streamers work is play high volatility slots because viewers want to see big hits. Example Gemix is great slot for wagering but how many streamers have you seen playing it?

Goonies is great slot with many many features. Yes pretty low variance and big hits are under the stone but that doesn't mean that slot is trash.

When the goonies slot first came out I wanted to play it because of the the movie more nostalgia than anything else like has been mentioned just a re-skin from kong to ted and the latest being sausage party

I quite like the 'Beavis & Butthead' Blueprint games, it seems as if they all run on pretty much the same maths model, give or take, so it's just a case of picking which variety of pretty lights and pleasant sounds and music you want to experience at any given time.

It's fairly rare for the autoplayer to go 100 spins without a bit of something happening feature wise, the trade off for that is that a lot of them are going to pay poorly.

I've hit 250-300x stake on them a few times too, so they can pay a bit of something.

If you play for fun with the hope of earning a few scheckles along the way then you could do much, much worse than Goonies or even Blueprint on the whole.

Personally i like Blueprint. Easier on the balance than a lot of others.
Can hold the balance well if the blueprint fame your playing is not megaways,napoleon comes to mind if it’s in the mood

I don't think they should have been removed. Streamers aren't representative of normal gamblers and so don't hold sway over my menial betting patterns.

Having looked at this selection I can see why - if you were stood in a bookies and people starting doing these faces every time they got a big win you would think they had serious mental health issues :) . I assume they went into streaming after their modelling careers failed

1594633637473.png

I'm on Gamstop so don't play online but played Napoleon in the arcade the other day (£500 jackpot obviously)

1,000,000 bonus teases before to my surprise it actually landed...and proceeded to pay a grand total of £0.00!

Another surprise was ATTACK! popping up for the bonus boost BUT THE FIRST BONUS SYMBOL MISSED! I didn't even know it was possible for it to do that, at least pretend with a tease in that situation!

I'm on Gamstop so don't play online but played Napoleon in the arcade the other day (£500 jackpot obviously)

1,000,000 bonus teases before to my surprise it actually landed...and proceeded to pay a grand total of £0.00!

Another surprise was ATTACK! popping up for the bonus boost BUT THE FIRST BONUS SYMBOL MISSED! I didn't even know it was possible for it to do that, at least pretend with a tease in that situation!
Online version of napoleon never misses the first one does it? To this day I stil haven’t checked the paylines on the online version

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back