Google Says "Bounce Around The Serps"

Webzcas

Winter is Coming!
Staff member
This latest google update has in my experience got to be the biggest shakeup of their index since the Jagger update of 2005. I am seeing wildly varying rankings across the datacentres.

It doesn't help also when you are working constantly on your site, uploading content and changing on site optimisation.

I guess I am going to have to ignore google until this update settles down.

Is anyone else experiencing the same at the moment?

I had a couple of good listings drop off the face of the earth. But I also had a couple shoot up to the top... all in all about equal.

The problem with google right now is that they have too much caffeine...
:lolup:

I had a couple of good listings drop off the face of the earth. But I also had a couple shoot up to the top... all in all about equal.

The problem with google right now is that they have too much caffeine...
:lolup:

Ain't that about the truth... LMAO!

But seriously something weird is going on!

I've never seen Google do this crazy stuff this bad before... And it hasn't totally been detailed.

???
What do you mean by "detailed"?

Usually when Google changes things or makes a difference in how the analytics/Serps are analayzed - they announce it in DETAIL.

This time - they didn't announce anything so things that are changing are either something very strange or they changed something without announcing it.

At least - nothing I've seen yet. Ive not really looked - but usually it's well announced.

You see anything?

Usually when Google changes things or makes a difference in how the analytics/Serps are analayzed - they announce it in DETAIL.

This time - they didn't announce anything so things that are changing are either something very strange or they changed something without announcing it.

Hmmm... That has not been my experience with google... and I have known a couple of the guys on the search quality team for years. In my experience they are a very very tight lipped bunch about what is actually going on with the algo and data centers.

I have even seen them out right lie several times about things that they don't want the public to know about.

Webzcas said:
What we are seeing is the caffeine update being rolled out. But it is not finished by no means yet.
Yup... Like I said... too much Caffeine.
I would expect that they will be working out the bugs for the next several weeks.

The general opinion is that SERPs will settle back to around about where they were before this started. As you probably know, it's not an update per s but a series of fundamental structural changes to the software platform that drives Google. Inevitable there will be some flux but may not be major :)

My guess it has something to do with setting up a foundation that allows for building SERPs around intelligent sofwtare that monitors user-based behaviour further moving away from the "voting" structure. Or maybe that's just optimism lol.

Simmo that makes complete sense to me. I am in my seat belted in and ready to ride out the all new caffeine ride until they get everything all settled and in place for the new future of google. Last thing anyone should do is panic and start making all sorts of changes to your sites, just go on as normal and ride it out is what I would suggest, but that is just me being optimistic :)

Last thing anyone should do is panic and start making all sorts of changes to your sites, just go on as normal and ride it out is what I would suggest, but that is just me being optimistic :)

I would agree with this. The last thing you can do is making all sorts of onsite changes as you watch the serps fluctuate in some cases by the minute, whilst caffeine is taking shape.

However don't let this shake up unsettle you and stop you from doing what you do. In other words, carry on as normal and update your sites as you normally do.

When this update settles down, then is the time to take stock and see how your sites have been affected. You can then move forward and analyze what you need to do if anything onsite seo wise.

Hi all,

I finding that my older sites are taking big hits. Where newer sites are fairing a lot better, in fact they are jumping to top 1 spots in some instances.

My newer sites (2 years or less) content has been written with a natural style, as opposed to my older sites that contain a ratio of keywords and phrases but may not always read well.

As always there are two camps with regards to Google and the implementation of LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing).

I personally feel that it's been in use in a basic form for a while now. Will/is Google upping the ante and implementing such now, until the SERPS settle it's anyone guess.

These days I focus on adding worthwhile content and stuff that makes sense. Meaning I just don't add pages for the sake of adding pages. On my blogs if I'm can write 5 decent paragraphs of crap I now condense this into two or three paragraphs that keep the readers interest, more so that worrying about keywords or phrases.

Cheers

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back