good people

I agree.

I thought the same thing about the poor guy that got his boat shot up in Boston. People wanted to buy him a new boat, but he wanted to give the money to those that were injured instead.

This is not about money found and returned but many years ago, when I was about 17 or 18 yrs old, I found a pair of plastic and odd shaped keys in a shopping mall parking lot.

I thought, they looked kinda cheap looking, but anyway I took the keys to the local police station. The Police Officer took my home address , although I thought why?..so, being a young and immature, I replied, "whatever".

I received a letter from a 'high-up' member from the British army ( can't remember rank...but it was high..) saying that I saved him so many problems and that , (it seemed that these keys were very important)..that he wrote in his letter...2 pages long, how thankful he was to me for handing the keys in.And that he would be honoured to meet in person.

He apparently was frantic with worry that he lost them.

I kept the letter and my mum has it, I am sure in Ireland...it just kept me feeling so good about myself, that I think it shaped my life to be honest and also, don't think that it's a small thing...it may be a big thing to some one else.

This is not about money found and returned but many years ago, when I was about 17 or 18 yrs old, I found a pair of plastic and odd shaped keys in a shopping mall parking lot.

I thought, they looked kinda cheap looking, but anyway I took the keys to the local police station. The Police Officer took my home address , although I thought why?..so, being a young and immature, I replied, "whatever".

I received a letter from a 'high-up' member from the British army ( can't remember rank...but it was high..) saying that I saved him so many problems and that , (it seemed that these keys were very important)..that he wrote in his letter...2 pages long, how thankful he was to me for handing the keys in.And that he would be honoured to meet in person.

He apparently was frantic with worry that he lost them.

I kept the letter and my mum has it, I am sure in Ireland...it just kept me feeling so good about myself, that I think it shaped my life to be honest and also, don't think that it's a small thing...it may be a big thing to some one else.

beautiful story you must be proud of you :)

Thanks,dillos..

At THAT time in my life, I did not feel proud of myself, infact I felt awful...as some teens tend to feel.

But it only took that letter of acknowledgment that it made me feel better about myself...maybe that was the 'key' :cool:;)

But, anyway when it comes to money found...THIS is the real tester, especially 'today'.

Great thread and hope to hear more stories, dillos.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back