Giving guest viewers too much access

vegetagirl2008

Mafia Wars Level 472
I think it is best to limit certain threads from being accessed by the guest. I checked on who is online and I see a number of guest browsing the site that should be made for members only especially brand new posts. Its my opinion it will at least cut down on the theft that has been taken place recently.

There will always be theft of content; there is no getting around that. And it doesn't make sense to shut off the forum, or parts of the forum, for guests. Anyone could sign up and rip off the site as well.

Also, closing off the site - or sections of the site to guests - also shuts off access to Google. Google "spiders" the site via "guests" :D

The only areas that are closed to guests views (they cannot post anywhere) are the following:
America the Beautiful
The Attic
and this is because I don't want these threads being indexed in Google.

What would you want to see as Members Only threads?

There will always be theft of content; there is no getting around that. And it doesn't make sense to shut off the forum, or parts of the forum, for guests. Anyone could sign up and rip off the site as well.

Also, closing off the site - or sections of the site to guests - also shuts off access to Google. Google "spiders" the site via "guests" :D

The only areas that are closed to guests views (they cannot post anywhere) are the following:
America the Beautiful
The Attic
and this is because I don't want these threads being indexed in Google.

What would you want to see as Members Only threads?

Well, duh!

America the Beautiful

The Attic :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back