"Frankenstorm" coming up

No offence Roy, but somehow I don't think the people that's effected of it or we who are worried about their safety right now, cares about those theories.
I read and looked too much about this storm on the news yesterday so for the first time in over 15 years I actually woke up having a nightmare I could remember.
If a nightmare scared me then I can imagine what you are going through.
Stay safe please:)

Let's keep the conspiracy theories out of this thread, thank you. We care about the people in the storm's oath, not about the CIA. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Talked to Secret about 3 hours ago. She is out driving in this (NY) for her job. Praying for the safety of you all in harm's way:)

Keep us updated when/if you can-thinking of you!!

Last edited:
Want to thank everyone who is not on the east coast for your concerns. I've lived in New England my whole life and have never seen anything like this. This is of epic proportion. I'm in NH/MASS and the heavy winds have started. Many friends are being evacuated due to the tides. Power is off and on. So we still await the worst......

Watch live here:

Outdated URL (Invalid)

Talked to Secret about 3 hours ago. She is out driving in this (NY) for her job. Praying for the safety of you all in harm's way:)

Keep us updated when/if you can-thinking of you!!

As I said earlier, thanks for being my 'co-pilot' today, Beth!!! :cool::thumbsup::) The texts of

of support!! :cool::thumbsup:...this is one of the reasons this site is so awesome.:)

To Just Play...hopefully your hubby will be home before the real stuff happens. When will he be home?

To be honest? Right now, although the wind and rain is picking up now, it was windy and rainy, yes...but I'm a brit...so it's second nature to me....

....but I guess later will test me metle(sp? please:rolleyes:)

How is everyone doing so far?

Oh and what's up with Roy 'Haarping' on? :p;)

Want to thank everyone who is not on the east coast for your concerns. I've lived in New England my whole life and have never seen anything like this. This is of epic proportion. I'm in NH/MASS and the heavy winds have started. Many friends are being evacuated due to the tides. Power is off and on. So we still await the worst......

Watch live here:

Outdated URL (Invalid)

Keep safe, Kotsy. It's a HUGE hurricane, meaning that it is spread out hundreds of miles. Wall Street was closed today...so that is saying a lot.

Been watching this on the news, they just said that landfall will be about an hour. Gonna be a rough night for you folks down there. Stay safe and don't take any chances.

Please everyone check in when you can...

Praying for you up here. :)

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or did Kotsy just turn purple:p Congrats!

NYSE closed tomorrow-I believe only the 2nd time since 1888 that it has been closed 2 days in a row:eek:

Pubs in NYC closing ...a bad sign

News is saying land fall within the hour is most likely dead center in atlantic city......how ironic......Most of the streets off the boardwalk are already flooded and a 6pm to 6am curfew has been issued. High tide in NY harbor is 8pm with an 11 to 12ft storm surge expected and flooding entering the downtown subway lines.........a nightmare in the making. THIS IS A BAD STORM. Stay safe folks.....JJ

News is saying land fall within the hour is most likely dead center in atlantic city......how ironic......Most of the streets off the boardwalk are already flooded and a 6pm to 6am curfew has been issued. High tide in NY harbor is 8pm with an 11 to 12ft storm surge expected and flooding entering the downtown subway lines.........a nightmare in the making. THIS IS A BAD STORM. Stay safe folks.....JJ

You are right jjjudge. I see you are in the bar biz too. You know it's bad when the bars close! Always counting on the lost-depressed-revelers for last minute purchases.

Thanks for the update!

Our members who are in the hurricane's path probably can't see this thread right now - but if you do, the entire membership is rootin' for you. Stay safe. Batten the hatches and keep your head down.

waters rising early

For anybody thats taken the ferries to the statue of liberty or ellis island from the sea wall at battery park, the water has now come over the wall at that point 2 hrs. ahead of the high tide. Also a constuction crane atop a 96 story apartment tower has snapped and is hanging 96 stories over west 57th st at 5th ave swinging. It's pointing straight down like a dart. All this and the brunt of the storm is in atlantic city. Can' t see how the crane stays up as the winds increase......not good people...JJ

For anybody thats taken the ferries to the statue of liberty or ellis island from the sea wall at battery park, the water has now come over the wall at that point 2 hrs. ahead of the high tide. Also a constuction crane atop a 96 story apartment tower has snapped and is hanging 96 stories over west 57th st at 5th ave swinging. It's pointing straight down like a dart. All this and the brunt of the storm is in atlantic city. Can' t see how the crane stays up as the winds increase......not good people...JJ

I am watching a report from Battery Park...10 inches already.

I have not seen the report about the crane, yet...yowzer.

This is surely a mess. The 911 center that I did a field study said a 4 story apartment building collapsed. Where the crane is they have barracaded that area off. Electric system shut off power to keep salt out of the circuits. Praying for all those in the path.

I am watching a report from Battery Park...10 inches already.

I have not seen the report about the crane, yet...yowzer.

Hi secrect. If you Google "57th st crane collapse" you'll see some spectacular late afternoon pictures. I see you're from Highland......west village? JJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back