First time in London (2019)

I tried to download a couple of your pictures yesterday to see if I could fix them a bit. You had a couple of good ones :)
It didn't work because the size was too small.

Didn't you say you had a few videos? I would love to see them :)

I tried to download a couple of your pictures yesterday to see if I could fix them a bit. You had a couple of good ones :)
It didn't work because the size was too small.

Didn't you say you had a few videos? I would love to see them :)

Most of the pictures so far are captured from the videos, cropped and downsized a bit for forum requirements.

Focus is slow and the Bus is moving + the cold wind. :p

I could email the videos to you if you pm me what you want.

Most of the pictures so far are captured from the videos, cropped and downsized a bit for forum requirements.

Focus is slow and the Bus is moving + the cold wind. :p

I could email the videos to you if you pm me what you want.

Ahh...that explains the quality of your pictures then, if you're taking them from the videos.
I thought you just been sitting on the bus clicking the camera button :D

If you have normal pictures then I might be able to help you out a bit, not video pictures though :)

LOL - are you aware those tower buildings on the ends of Tower bridge with the architecture, windows etc. are actually dummies? They conceal a large iron support structure sunk into the bedrock. There are no rooms inside lower down. They are simply cosmetic. I never knew that either - amazing what you learn watching documentaries. :thumbsup:

There are also captive Ravens that nest and live in the Tower usually a minimum of six (I didn't see any in the photos but they are often there flying about, a bit of Odin going on there!). Its said that if they ever leave the Tower or fly away, the Tower and Monarchy will fall and be no more....

The collective noun is 'an unkindness of ravens'. :cool:

From historic-uk.com:

"The first Royal Observatory was housed in the north eastern turret of the White Tower. Legend has it that John Flamsteed (1646 – 1719), the ‘astronomical observator’ complained to King Charles II that the birds were interfering with his observations. The King therefore ordered their destruction only to be told that if the ravens left the Tower, the White Tower would fall and a great disaster befall the Kingdom. Sensibly the King changed his mind and decreed that at least six ravens should be kept at the Tower at all times to prevent disaster."

There are also captive Ravens that nest and live in the Tower usually a minimum of six (I didn't see any in the photos but they are often there flying about, a bit of Odin going on there!). Its said that if they ever leave the Tower or fly away, the Tower and Monarchy will fall and be no more....

The collective noun is 'an unkindness of ravens'. :cool:

From historic-uk.com:

"The first Royal Observatory was housed in the north eastern turret of the White Tower. Legend has it that John Flamsteed (1646 – 1719), the ‘astronomical observator’ complained to King Charles II that the birds were interfering with his observations. The King therefore ordered their destruction only to be told that if the ravens left the Tower, the White Tower would fall and a great disaster befall the Kingdom. Sensibly the King changed his mind and decreed that at least six ravens should be kept at the Tower at all times to prevent disaster."

Damn you! Now I've already got hold of that documentary of the towers and have to watch it :mad:

Damn you! Now I've already got hold of that documentary of the towers and have to watch it :mad:

If you look closely through the windows in some of Nikantw's excellent images you see some white iron cross-members of the Tower Bridge structure.

If you look closely through the windows in some of Nikantw's excellent images you see some white iron cross-members of the Tower Bridge structure.

I saw that, and I will take a look at my pictures i took last year of them too.

"So this year we were greeted by loads of models wearing the best styles inspired by Islamic republic cat-walks – no skin showing but their hands and faces. Everyone seemed to be afraid of offending those who are easily offended."

I knew it! :D
So I preferred to see London instead. Easy choice.

"That evening, we had a wonderful dinner at the Shoreditch House thanks to Intertops, Deckmedia, and Legends Affiliates. It was a really nice meal – over 100 guests – and the food came fast and it was pretty good. No photos though since there were loads of celebrities around and no one wanted to have any selfies. So yeah, I had a conversation with George Clooney – joking about how Brad Pit was a train-wreck on the set, and that he doesn’t have a chance to work with the Coen brothers again – they were there as well. Brad confided to me that it was George who is a train-wreck to work with “He thinks he’s so great – he can’t even bench press his own weight,” he said. Oh well, I’m guessing this is something they are going to have to work out on their own. Too bad it was in a no-go zone for photos. Opportunity missed there."

:eek::eek::eek:

I wish I was there ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back