Family of girl swept away by a current in NH speaks

BingoT

Nurses love to give shots
Sad Sad News in NH.
This is the beach I go to all the time too.

Family of girl swept away by a current in NH speaks

HAMPTON, N.H. -– The body of a 12-year-old girl swept away by a deadly current was found on Tuesday, and now her mourning family is talking about her final moments.
She had gone to the beach with her brother and sister to escape the heat when in the blink of an eye she was dragged out to sea.
The family holds each other close, dreading a future without Nylin Encarnoncion, who drowned at Hampton Beach with her brother just a few feet away.
"Everything was going good until I my sister started screaming my name," said Walter Maldonado, who tried to save his sister.
Walter Maldonado says the 12-year-old could swim, but kept drifting farther and farther out into the ocean.
"I tried to get to her…and I was in arms length of her and I couldn't reach her and that's when she went down," said Maldonado.
Her body was recovered Tuesday afternoon very close to where she drowned.
"We've spoken to the life guards and they're not able to say that it was a rip current. There was a strong current but not necessarily a rip current," said Chief Jamie Sullivan of the Hampton, New Hampshire Police Department.
Her family says she could swim but her brother says the waves were just too big and stronger than both of them.
"I became somewhat unconscious and I was still screaming for help but my energy was fading…I felt like I was gonna go down soon pretty much as well," said Maldonado.
A Good Samaritan pulled him to shore, but Nylin was gone. Her sister Suleika, who ran for help when she heard the screams, says she knew right away it was bad.
"She was a part of me and it devastates me that I have lost her this way," said Suleika.
The 6th grader was an honor roll student. School officials have sent letters home to parents of her classmates and will have a crisis team in place for the next several days.
(Copyright (c) 2011 Sunbeam Television. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

This ways heavy on my heart Tom as Hampton beach is a blink of an eye from me and I work in the city this child came from.

so, so tragic.

Made me go home and hug my child tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back