Duplicate poker?

The Ronin

Dormant account
Ok, I checked them out. I must be missing something :confused: Because I do not see how this is a skill based game.

The object of the game is to beat your opponents at other tables with your same playing hand
This is on their main page.

Has anyone played this game?

Have you won?

How do you play?

I watched the entire tutorial, and I still don't get it :oops: :oops: :oops:

I must be missing something fundamental. I didn't see any betting, raising, checking, bluffing, semi-bluffing etc :eek2: So, where is the "skill" involved?

This is NOT a negative, nor a positive for that matter. I am simply wondering if anyone here has tried them out, and how do you play the game :thumbsup:

how come no one's responded? i am also a bit befuddled trying to understand the game, but i won't try it because i can play normal poker.

quit following me bryan! lol

Thank you for the follow up, and the PM to the rep. I am still a bit new to your forum, so I was unaware of the procedure.

I was looking for someone who actually played there, to offer some insight on how things work, and their general opinion on the games, and the variation of poker.

Hopefully the rep will shed some light on me :thumbsup: still would like to hear from some of the actual players though. :cool:

Hi All...

Duplicate Poker is played much the same as traditional poker. Betting, raising, checking, bluffing, semi-bluffing, etc., are all used much the same. The major difference, and what removes the "luck of the draw" from our game, is that an identically ordered deck of cards is used at each table for each deal, so that players in the same seat position at each table receive the same hole cards, and the board cards are the same at each table.

Every player starts every hand with the same number of "hand chips". The amount of "hand chips" won or lost on each hand are added to your running "Net Total Chip" count. After a pre-determined number of hands, your "Net Total Chip" count is compared to all other players in your seat position on other tables, who therefore played the same cards you did. You could catch garbage every hand, lose chips for the session and still win or advance in the tournament, if the others in your comparison group, who played the same cards you did, lost more chips than you did.

It's your skill in playing your cards versus the others in your comparison group that determines your success.

We have daily tournaments with buy-ins ranging from $2 to $20, daily freerolls, and a generous "first deposit" bonus.

We accept US players from all states except: Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Montana, South Carolina, Tennessee and Vermont.

Hope that helped.

Alright!!!!

Alright NY is not banned!!! Wooo hoooo :D

But how long will it take to pay check by mail???? Same delays as everyone else that gambles online in the States???? :eek:

I have a question for the rep..

I do have a question for the rep of duplicate poker.
I played there because I got a "free $10 in your account email"...
So I figured I would check it out.
I played in a tournement.. and I was the winner of my table by over 7000... So,, like I asked support in an email.. How come I was eliminated from the tournement IF I WON the whole first round??? (I came in one under the lowest paying prize place! i think it paid top 3 and I came in fourth!!)

obviously you did the best at your table, and probably you did the best in your position across tables, but other positions at other tables may have performed better than you and won the prizes. i still don't get the concept, and i may well be wrong here, if in fact each table position is its own tournament, in which case maybe the other tables were even fishier and those in your spot were able to soak more chips from the other players. tough to say, but certainly the format seems to be that you can't really tell how you're doing because play at other tables is rated against yours. :thumbsup:

Alright NY is not banned!!! Wooo hoooo :D

But how long will it take to pay check by mail???? Same delays as everyone else that gambles online in the States???? :eek:

I've heard they only pay via bank wire and that takes around 3 weeks :eek2:. Perhaps the rep can confirm this?!

The game plan

I see a lot of people are wondering how to play this game...well, I figured it out and had a blast winning even though I lost at the table big time.

Here are the directions.

1. You are playing against the same seat players as you on the other tables, not the table players in your room.
Recommendation is to keep your main window in the backround and check what position you are in under the "SEAT OPPONENT" tab which is the last window in the register screen.

2. Ignore the table play, your goal is to beat the seat player on your register screen.

3. The position on the register screen is the most important to move on to the next level, not winning against the table opponents. Check your position after each hand to see if you need to move up and play a few hands.

4. The first round the top 4 in your seat # will move on to the next round even if you are in the negative.

5. The second round , you must be in first place in your seat position to win the game. That means you are playing against seat # 4 on all four tables...not the table your at itself.

Like this: table 1 seat 4 has -3000 chips
table 2 seat 4 has -2500 chips
table 3 seat 4 has -3600 chips
table 4 seat 4 has -6000 chips.

The winner would be table 2 seat 4 with -2500 chips cause he lost less than everyone else in his seat position. You don't have to be in the positive to win, just ahead of your seat mates, not table mates.

Hope this helps! And check your status after every hand on the register screen window, the last box that says "SEAT OPPONENT". It will show what position you are in. The first round you need to be in top 4 positions, the last round you need to be in first to win even if you are in the negative you can win!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back