Dreams

I've broken it into blobs in case anyone wants to debate or discuss, or well, just feel free to post and share

Personally, I don't subscribe to any of the dream-lore that's akin to astrology ie a rose means this and a butterfly means that... tjose gross blanket over-simplifications/generalizations.

I think dreams are a combination of lots of things (discussed later) but essentially the recycled or refashioned detritus of our days/lives from an overly complicated peice of machinery working to keep us sane.

I'll share some info of mine for jumping on points

I dream in vibrant colour and theyre usually pretty fantastical and way, way more interesting than my life lol; like, pretty epic. I love my dreams.

I've nevr once had a nightmare (at least, not that I recollect and I remember most - for those few fleeting moments, like most - upon waking). Maybe some not terribly pleasant or are uncomfortable, but nothing scary. Nearly always, any uncomfortable dream will wake me.

I can't do math in my dreams (I cant much in life either lol) but it will always instantly wakes me up

I drop to all fours to run in my dreams

Anywho, love to see other insights and experiences. :)

I've broken it into blobs in case anyone wants to debate or discuss, or well, just feel free to post and share

Personally, I don't subscribe to any of the dream-lore that's akin to astrology ie a rose means this and a butterfly means that... tjose gross blanket over-simplifications/generalizations.

I think dreams are a combination of lots of things (discussed later) but essentially the recycled or refashioned detritus of our days/lives from an overly complicated peice of machinery working to keep us sane.

I'll share some info of mine for jumping on points

I dream in vibrant colour and theyre usually pretty fantastical and way, way more interesting than my life lol; like, pretty epic. I love my dreams.

I've nevr once had a nightmare (at least, not that I recollect and I remember most - for those few fleeting moments, like most - upon waking). Maybe some not terribly pleasant or are uncomfortable, but nothing scary. Nearly always, any uncomfortable dream will wake me.

I can't do math in my dreams (I cant much in life either lol) but it will always instantly wakes me up

I drop to all fours to run in my dreams

Anywho, love to see other insights and experiences. :)

Are you absolutely sure it was to run?:eek2:

Dreams are usually your subconscious working through any issues that you have in your life. Activity in dreams is connected to our day to day worries or joys. Could be that you have a desire to run from something that you are not resolving in your waking hours.

Mind you I have had some crazy dreams/nightmares. Once I dreamt a pig chased me up a tree and the damn bastard climbed the tree. To this day I have no idea what that was all about.

Dreams are usually your subconscious working through any issues that you have in your life. Activity in dreams is connected to our day to day worries or joys. Could be that you have a desire to run from something that you are not resolving in your waking hours.

Mind you I have had some crazy dreams/nightmares. Once I dreamt a pig chased me up a tree and the damn bastard climbed the tree. To this day I have no idea what that was all about.
the running dreams arent negative; theyre quite joyful generally..just running, not running 'from'

Only last week i started to blur my dreams with reality - a tad boring, the Office esque, but i dreamed that i worked in a paper mill and was round seeing old work pals. When i got up in the morning i actually didn't know if i used to - so much so I was loading up my CV on my PC to double check until i asked the Mrs 'I didn't temp in a place that made Pukka Pads, no?'

I rarely dream anymore - playing Bonanza took all those away from me and rendered me mute to them.

Only last week i started to blur my dreams with reality - a tad boring, the Office esque
i dont like the boring ones, like...doing dishes or cleaning, or worst, waking, showering, getting dressed in the dream...to wake and be well, shit
ugh
not too often but mundane dreams suck ass; you know youre in a rut/routine when

I dont dream often.
4-6 times per year maybe. (that i can remember them)

Messed around alot with Lucid dreaming when i was around 20. Got really good at it after about 1,5 years.
After a shitty period in my life a couple years later, and after eating antidepressants my dreams just kind of stopped.
Not 100% sure it had something to do with the antidepressants, but they kind of work by increasing/decreasing chemicals in the brain, so im blaming them.
Since then its 4-6 times per year, and about half the time ill know instantly im dreaming.
Its nice when it happens, but i dont have the same control i had back when i had dreams more frequently.

Its pretty neat, and i would recommend to try it.
Takes time tho.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Only last week i started to blur my dreams with reality - a tad boring, the Office esque, but i dreamed that i worked in a paper mill and was round seeing old work pals. When i got up in the morning i actually didn't know if i used to - so much so I was loading up my CV on my PC to double check until i asked the Mrs 'I didn't temp in a place that made Pukka Pads, no?'

I rarely dream anymore - playing Bonanza took all those away from me and rendered me mute to them.
No Tetris-syndrome yet? :p

the running dreams arent negative; theyre quite joyful generally..just running, not running 'from'
Well then that could mean that you are on the right track in your life at least your subconscious thinks so. So that is a good thing.

Its pretty neat, and i would recommend to try it.
Takes time tho.
I like the idea of lucid dreaming, but llike math and reading in them, or something slightly uncomfortable, I go huh, wait a sec and my conscious mind kicks in and wakes me

I have vivid dreams I couldn't begin to describe, I find sometimes dreaming is actually better than real life and I usually wake up happy after a dream.

One constant theme of my dreams is a train is involved somewhere in them even if it isn't connected to the rest of it.
I have heard of Trainspotting just not in dreams:D

i dont like the boring ones, like...doing dishes or cleaning, or worst, waking, showering, getting dressed in the dream...to wake and be well, shit
ugh
not too often but mundane dreams suck ass; you know youre in a rut/routine when

I don’t do any of those thing in real life, let alone dreams

Love talking about dreams. Can usually link them to something in my life. A few things i remember about my dreams would be that....

When i was about 10 i made myself dream about a girl i fancied.

I have rarely had fights in dreams but recall that when i have, the punches do not hurt who i am fighting. It feels like punching in water.

4 times in my life, at significant low points, i have had zombie dreams. The last started in an underground car park and the zombies are like 28 days later zombies, very fast and the dreams were very scary and very graphic. Last time i woke up scared and sweating.

My earliest dream i can recall is of me being weighed by skeletons in a hospital as a baby. The skeletons are more like humans whose bones i can see through their skin. Not as scary as it sounds this is one of my earliest memories and pictures in my mind that i can only assume is a dream i had.

I have rarely had fights in dreams but recall that when i have, the punches do not hurt who i am fighting. It feels like punching in water.
that's normal; it's so what you dream doesnt leak over ie the impulses your brain registers dont translate to faliling fists in the waking world; same as running in molasses
it's a preventative measure

that's normal; it's so what you dream doesnt leak over ie the impulses your brain registers dont translate to faliling fists in the waking world; same as running in molasses
it's a preventative measure
That shit gets old real quick when you are aware that you are dreaming.
Instead of punching, i recommend throwing, and instead of running, flying.
You can throw stuff as far as you want, and there are no speed-limits when flying. :p

Been a long time since i read up on this.
But i think it also has to do with what part of the dream-cycle you are in.
When in rem-sleep (rapid eye movement) you are more or less paralysed, so throwing punches or running becomes super hard/slow because there is zero feedback of the actions going to the brain.
During nrem (non rapid eye movement), its supposedly easier to move around in dreams, and also bigger chance you accidentally kick or punch your partner during sleep. :p

"The
of alternate NREM and REM sleep takes an average of 90 minutes, occurring 4–6 times in a good night's sleep.
The
(AASM) divides NREM into three stages: N1, N2, and N3, the last of which is also called delta sleep or
The whole period normally proceeds in the order: N1 → N2 → N3 → N2 → REM. "

It really is a fascinating subject.
I miss my dreams.:oops:

leads into sleep paralysis as well, and hypnic jerks :thumbsup:
Sleep paralysis is freaking terrifying.
If you see this guy in the corner of your eye, and notice you cant move, you are in for a not so fun couple of minutes. :p
Its creepy how so many people describe their sleep paralysis more or less exactly the same.
Pressure over chest, hard to breathe, dark figure in corner of room slowly walking closer etc.

wl.png

Just remembered one of my best dreams came not long after watching one of the best 'man' films ever made - Machete.

The dream started with my pal, Machete and me on a helicopter on the way to a baddies lair. With the helicopter hovering over the sea Machete turned to us and said to stay as he was going it alone. He jumped then i followed. My pal staying on the helicopter (my dream and we are somewhat competitive in reality so he was always going to chicken out in my dream).

We were then in the sea using those motor powered things you grab by the handles on the way to the lair, sharks around us. We get to the lair and a battle with henchman ensued (this time my fighting skills were exceptional) and eventually reach the boss man and i dont recall much after that. I think the dream was more about the fantasy of going into battle with Machete than the outcome.

Twas a great dream.

On another note, while i think of it, sometimes i dream of my parents. I miss them a lot so sometimes it saddens me a little to wake but am blessed they visit. Last week i dreamt I was cooking bacon in the kitchen with my Dad and he was talking about getting some sun on to the vegetable patch.

There is a clear connection between desire and dreams.

Yes, sleep paralysis. My partner had that a few years ago and will describe the shadowy figure, fear etc so will remind me of this every once in a while. But it's certainly something she's etched onto her mind :eek2:

Like everyone else, I'll have about 2-3 vivid dreams a year where I'll remember little snippets of it, whilst most of us will be aware that we dream all the time but simply can't consciously recollect them!

Dreams are great for the most part because they're infinite in variable and scope, because they're seemingly a blend of everything mentioned prior, namely past experiences (whether recent or distant), activities undertaken at the time (work etc), general fears, specific fears & fantastical outcomes that almost seem real.

The latter I've been subject to many a time, and can be a real bitch round about 3 seconds after waking up.

Not that long ago I literally dreamt that I'd won £15 Billion on Bonanza, and I'm not even a highroller

Seconded only by a full screen of wilds in DOA 1 (not 2, it must be noted). That one pissed me off for at least 30 seconds :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back