Does anyone think the reel hit percentages change pending the bets?

Savatage79

PABnononaccred2
Just curious what people think, but my father and I both spin a good bit at bovada. But one thing that's interesting to me is the change from hits going from 1 and 2 dollar bets to 5 and higher. It seems I'm constantly hitting for 15 25 30+ with 1 and 2 dollar spins and some larger ones, but then I can kick over to a 5 buck bet and spin 10 to 20 times without a hit. And I'm curious if their reels change hit percentage based on bets. So the higher you go the lower your overall percentage gets for a nice hit.

Maybe 2 dollar bets have a 10% chance to hit nicely, but a 5 dollar bet turns your chances into say 4% chance.... Just as a ballpark example.

Or it could simply be rng being rng, but still seems like when it's hot hitting 1 and 2 dollar spins, then I kick to 5 and it goes absolutely flat for sometimes hundreds of dollars just seems..... Interesting to say the least. It's happened a handful of times and that's why I'm curious

I think this has been discussed a few times before but nevertheless it remains an interesting question.
I always believed that "the slot really doesn't care" what bet you play.
In other words I believe you would get the same reel combination on a 20 cents bet or on a 20 euro bet.
I am not a high roller but I do tend to play 4 euro or 5 euro spins when I have gained a good bankroll and the slots I play seem to play the same on any bet really.

A friend of mine though plays high stakes at WMS slots and he truly believes he hits far more bonus rounds / FS rounds on lower bets.
I have seen him play away 1k once on €10.00 bets on Kronos without getting 1 single FS trigger.
Do not panic, he can afford these kind of bets. ;)
So yeah,sometimes you wonder if betsize matters but personally I think not.

I've sometimes wondered about that but I was recently speaking to a slot developer who said that when you apply to licence a game, you have to licence it for a single, specified RTP (he said that in the UK, specifying an RTP 'range' is no longer acceptable) and he inferred that any change to the maths meant the game had to be re-submitted for licencing. *

I didn't specifically ask whether a game could alter the variance based on bet size which of course, if allowed, would potentially give a player a different experience (but the same TRTP). I suspect this is not allowed myself as licensing is quite strict these days. I'll be talking to him again soon so I will ask him.

* This does raise the rather interesting question of how some 'Xtra Bet' slots like one or two from Aristocrat manage to offer extra RTP on max bet of course. I'll ask how that is handled by online licensing too while I am at it.

I've sometimes wondered about that but I was recently speaking to a slot developer who said that when you apply to licence a game, you have to licence it for a single, specified RTP (he said that in the UK, specifying an RTP 'range' is no longer acceptable) and he inferred that any change to the maths meant the game had to be re-submitted for licencing. *

I didn't specifically ask whether a game could alter the variance based on bet size which of course, if allowed, would potentially give a player a different experience (but the same TRTP). I suspect this is not allowed myself as licensing is quite strict these days. I'll be talking to him again soon so I will ask him.

* This does raise the rather interesting question of how some 'Xtra Bet' slots like one or two from Aristocrat manage to offer extra RTP on max bet of course. I'll ask how that is handled by online licensing too while I am at it.

Yep, let's not forget the Bastardcrests and their Super Bet 5-spins system for £20 a throw even £30 - their RTP hits 98% according to the paytables from 94% at the 'normal' stake levels.

Just curious what people think, but my father and I both spin a good bit at bovada. But one thing that's interesting to me is the change from hits going from 1 and 2 dollar bets to 5 and higher. It seems I'm constantly hitting for 15 25 30+ with 1 and 2 dollar spins and some larger ones, but then I can kick over to a 5 buck bet and spin 10 to 20 times without a hit. And I'm curious if their reels change hit percentage based on bets. So the higher you go the lower your overall percentage gets for a nice hit.
Maybe 2 dollar bets have a 10% chance to hit nicely, but a 5 dollar bet turns your chances into say 4% chance.... Just as a ballpark example.

Or it could simply be rng being rng, but still seems like when it's hot hitting 1 and 2 dollar spins, then I kick to 5 and it goes absolutely flat for sometimes hundreds of dollars just seems..... Interesting to say the least. It's happened a handful of times and that's why I'm curious

Nop !!
you get the same result at the end regardless of ur bet.

this one time on Mr Green I was playing a slot and just wanted to end my session because i needed to get ready for work so decided to do 4-5 £10 slot spins.

Second spin landed 250x for two and a half grand on £10 bet

So, no I disagree and believe the RTP % never changes.

this one time on Mr Green I was playing a slot and just wanted to end my session because i needed to get ready for work so decided to do 4-5 £10 slot spins.

Second spin landed 250x for two and a half grand on £10 bet

So, no I disagree and believe the RTP % never changes.

Well it's not that it never hits and not that it's never had a nice hit with a higher bet. But still that means maybe you hit "within" that percentage.. I mean were just talking a lower percentage, not saying you can't, but it seems the actual percentage of higher bet hits is lower than when betting lower, least for my experiences

Well it's not that it never hits and not that it's never had a nice hit with a higher bet. But still that means maybe you hit "within" that percentage.. I mean were just talking a lower percentage, not saying you can't, but it seems the actual percentage of higher bet hits is lower than when betting lower, least for my experiences

Im sure quite a few people on here will agree, the RTP% will not change on any bet size unless otherwise stated (like Barcrests big bets for example)

I can understand it sometimes feels like it, especially when your down a few quid.

I got a bit more clarity on the above today from a games developer:

Firstly, it is possible to get a test certificate for a game with more than one RTP 'event' in it, for example, a change in stake increases the RTP. In this instance, the test certificate states that the game has an RTP 'range' however it isn't a range which allows the operator a freedom to change the RTP at will: it is a recognition that 2 RTPs (or more) exist within the game. So, using my example, when the stake is changed by the player, the game can only switch to one of the exact RTP's it has been awarded a certificate for. What is more, the game has to clearly state in the rules that an event/change to the bet size changes the RTP if indeed that is the case.

If the developer wants to have a game that offers a choice of RTP (for example, so the operator can choose), they have to licence multiple instances of the game. They can't have one game with different RTP settings. Where there is more than one version of a game licenced, the operator chooses the version of that game and the RTP of that game is fixed as per it's licence. The RTP can only be changed if they choose to replace the game with one of the other licenced versions (if they exist).

If the developer changes the RTP of a game after it has been awarded a certificate, it has to go back for re-certification before it can be deployed. For the record, each re-certification does involve a fee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back