Different colours for the date line?

It seems that many old threads get bumped, especially by newer members.

Perhaps introduce a new background colour for the date line for threads once they are a year old?

I just read through an entire old thread without realizing it until I got to the last post pointing out it was old.

I know that the boxes at the end with related threads often contain quite old posts, and maybe a colour change might help posters to realize a thread is old, and your faithful readers as well CM.

I don't know how easy this would be to do, or maybe just change the colour on the basis of calendar year?

I am just piggybacking on your thread here Jasmine since I am too lazy to start my own and figured CM will be along shortly to answer you. :oops:

When viewing the list of new posts you can pause your mouse over a thread and read a snippet of it. Is there a way to make that time frame a bit longer? I barely get past the first few words when it vanishes and I have not had enough time to digest enough of the post to determine if I want to open it. And you can't just hover over it again but have to go to another one and come back to get the snippet to appear again. Any help for the "slow" here?

Surely it would be better (assuming it is supported) to automatically lock a thread that has been inactive for an extended period as a way to prevent a reply being added onto the end of, say, a three year old thread.
It seems threads are only locked manually, and it is possible to bring back pretty much any thread from the grave at present.
Since the issues are often similar, it can be very hard to realise you are seeing an old thread, and in the case where it has already been brought back, it is so old it looks completely new to anyone seeing it at the top of the stack again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back