Daily Poll: Should alcoholic beverages be sold at sporting events?

BingoT

Nurses love to give shots
Daily Poll: Should alcoholic beverages be sold at sporting events?

Madison Square Garden settled a multi-million dollar lawsuit last week with Carlos Zelaya, whose 2-year-old son, Jose Carlos, died a few days after a Jan. 23, 2007, collision on the Pulaski Skyway with a speeding Jeep Cherokee driven by drunk off-duty Jersey City Officer Kevin Freibott, according to the New York Post.
Carlos' wife, Ruth Zelaya, 40, of Jersey City died two months later as a result of "complications from the motor vehicle collision," prosecutors said at the time.
Freibott began his drinking at a Manhattan bar before attending a college basketball game at the Garden where he drank a dozen 16-ounce glasses of beer. After the game, he picked up a six-pack of beer before driving on the skway and colliding into the Zalayas.
Considering how easy it was for Freibott to continue being served at the Garden, it begs this question:
Should alcoholic beverages be sold at sporting events?

The Jersey Journal
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I live in Costa Rica and soccer matches here are very intense, there is no way they would give alcoholic beverages to fans, they are already riled up as it is!

Yes

I believe it is an individual's responsibility to monitor their own intake. That being said, I imagine people with a drinking problem will overindulge. It is not fair to others who enjoy a cocktail or two , responsibly.

Having worked in the Food & Beverage industry, I think it should be mandatory that anyone serving any form of alcohol go through certified training. Here in PA, commercial restaurants must have their staff certified, meaning that they (server & establishment) are going to be accountable in the event that someone is over-served. Anyone requesting an alcoholic beverage that is perhaps (even remotely) under the influence must be refused. Better to be safe than sorry, IMO.

I have witnessed greedy bartenders & waitresses knowingly serve tipsy patrons. Unethical, immoral & just plain scary. :eek:

Christine

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back