Dads in Briefs

rainmaker

I'm not a penguin

Argentinian ad for BHG Air Conditioner (it was nominated in Cannes for some awards). Who doesn't enjoy walking around in briefs? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Admit it - all you've done for the last two days is watch foreign adverts....

Hehe...yes, that is what I do :D

Or not really. But I am quite interested in marketing, and The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity was just recently held (global event for those working in advertising and related fields according to Wiki). Both the ad in my first post here and the smoking kid campaign were nominated for some awards. That is why I know both of them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The way you pass your time Rainy worries me sometimes it really does :eek2:.

if it had been WOMEN in briefs, however.... :p

Actually I also find commercials interesting - I especially like the way they're using more humor now. I also find it interesting to see what commercials are played during specific programming - you can totally see what the target audience is supposed to be. If it's beer and cars, it's a guy show - if it's makeup and hair dye, it's women - if it's about using our product to get laid, it's for everyone. ;)

Like for instance, when occasionally during the day I flip on the tv, they have the absolute worst commercials on - the lawyers trying to get you to join a class action suit, the recent grads from some second rate college trying to get you to sign up, and the 'Blue Tax' guy.

Really good ads often go viral, hugely increasing their impact, but unfortunately there's a lot of dross out there as well - cheap, noisy and lacking creativity.

One of the top TV advertisers in my country is a spicy chicken fast food company which has an ad agency that repeatedly wins awards internationally for its work. The agency clearly monitors daily happenings and politics closely, and then exploits those occasions where something entertaining can be developed - often irreverently.

The humour is most times outstanding and the ads poke fun at one and all, gaining massive extra coverage because they are so cleverly done that they generate their own publicity - general and social media often reports on the consequences in real life, which can often be hilarious - especially when politicians are involved.

Recently the agency created a tit-for-tat campaign between two clients, encouraging one to donate to a charity through the other whilst giving both brands great exposure.

Check out youtube for Nandos to see some examples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back