CyberCrime 2.0: It's all About the Money

Mousey

Ueber Meister Mouse
Outdated URL (Invalid)

Whereas virus-laden emails have traditionally been marked by awkward grammar and other telltale signs, modern iterations are products of research. Renert said attackers might monitor a would-be victim for months, accruing and mining data until they've devised a personalized lure so individually "irresistible" that even a high-level executive or government official might be goaded into a mistake.

Websense's report found that cybercriminals prefer to attack through Web browsers. The company found a 600% increase in such techniques over the last year, with 85% of the activity coming from legitimate sites that have been injected with malicious code.

The whitepaper also found that hackers have tailored their strategies to snare mobile users. Stating that smartphones are used to access social media 50% more often than to make phone calls, the report argued that this abundance of on-the-go sharing has encouraged users to feel nonchalant about links accessed on mobile devices. Websense believes that hackers are exploiting this casual attitude;.....

Interesting read...

Tne Irony is 2 of my Cards were compromised within a day of each other. The last one was last night after 12... Makes me wonder how safe it really is to use my cards online.

Nate

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back