Could someone please explain "Random Jackpot" to me????

pmutts

Dormant account
PABnonaccred
Obviously I have never hit one. I stuck with the English Harbour Group for the most part and prior to that, Microgaming--back in the day. During the last year, I have been playing a lot at Club World Group and a few other RTGs.

Am I correct to assume that the "Random Jackpot" is simply triggered while playing that particular slot?

That it is NOT triggered by any specific spin combination?

I have looked all over the Club World site and there really isn't an explanation.

Also, there is a "Minor Jackpot" and a "Jackpot." Are both triggered randomly?

I appreciate anyone who would like to clarify this for me. :confused:

Obviously I have never hit one. I stuck with the English Harbour Group for the most part and prior to that, Microgaming--back in the day. During the last year, I have been playing a lot at Club World Group and a few other RTGs.

Am I correct to assume that the "Random Jackpot" is simply triggered while playing that particular slot?

That it is NOT triggered by any specific spin combination?

I have looked all over the Club World site and there really isn't an explanation.

Also, there is a "Minor Jackpot" and a "Jackpot." Are both triggered randomly?

I appreciate anyone who would like to clarify this for me. :confused:

You're absolutely correct.

The wins are random and do not require any reel combination.

The chances of hitting are dependent upon your bet size i.e. the higher you bet the higher your chances.

Minor/Major are just different types of random jackpots and work the same way.

Hope this helps!

The chances of hitting are dependent upon your bet size i.e. the higher you bet the higher your chances.

Do you mean that i am more likely to hit a `Random Jackpot` if i do 10 max bets (each of 100$ per spin) rather than 10 bets of 25c per spin ?

And if that thing is true, i wonder if i can ever stand a chance to hit one RJ if i only play 1c per spin ? (only 1line selected and 1cent on it)

We are told that any bet size can win the RJ and I recall Dogboy saying that a $1 bet per spin has a 1 in 300, 000 chance or was it 1 in 30,000 chance of hitting a rj. Last year I hit my first and only rj betting 0.2 per spin. I myself do not think it's worth raising your bet to hit a rj. Of course, if you deposit with a huge bonus attached you could try to get it but there are soooo many players who havent won it even once and they may have deposited thousands already and bet at $1 or $2 per spin.

I don't think the amount matters...I have hit the random at clubworld about 6 times over the years..the most 11.000.00 on 0.40..none of the wins were on more than a 40 cent bet...4 of the randoms were on 20 cent bets....we got more hits on less than a buck...several times we had bet 2 dollars and they seem to dry up...

Do you mean that i am more likely to hit a `Random Jackpot` if i do 10 max bets (each of 100$ per spin) rather than 10 bets of 25c per spin ?

And if that thing is true, i wonder if i can ever stand a chance to hit one RJ if i only play 1c per spin ? (only 1line selected and 1cent on it)

I thought in order to qualify for the RJ you had to at least play all the lines at min bet. That would mean that most of them would require .20 per spin. But maybe I am wrong.

While we are on this subject-I have also wondered since I have never won one-it seems to me that they hit late at night, although I guess that depends on the time zone you are in. Those of you who have won a RJ do you remember the time of day?

Last edited:
I don't think the amount matters...I have hit the random at clubworld about 6 times over the years..the most 11.000.00 on 0.40..none of the wins were on more than a 40 cent bet...4 of the randoms were on 20 cent bets....we got more hits on less than a buck...several times we had bet 2 dollars and they seem to dry up...

It matters.

Your chances are better with higher bets. It doesn't mean they cannot be won at lower bets, but if you played an equal amount of big bets and small bets you would be more likely to have won more RJs whilst betting big.

It also stands to reason that people who play lower bets generate more spins, so you are more likely in that case to be there when it goes off, and thus you can still win.

You're absolutely correct.

Minor/Major are just different types of random jackpots and work the same way.

Hope this helps!

Nifty -
Man, you know lots more than me, but I think you might have misstated this.

I think there are 3 distinct types of Jackpots on RTG:

Random (which includes the games witih "Minor and Major")
Jackpot
Progressive Jackpots

The majority of the games are Random jackpots as you have described.

But some of the games such as "Naughty or Nice" are just labeled "Jackpot" and to win, you must line up 5 of the wilds or 5 of the bonus symbols. These are the symbol driven jackpots.

Then naturally there are the large progressive RTG system wide jackpots like Shopping Spree2 or Jackpot Aztec Treasure with a fixed bet amount as you try to win and trigger the jackpot by hitting the correct combination.

FWIW, but please correct me if I am wrong.

Diane

It matters.

Your chances are better with higher bets. It doesn't mean they cannot be won at lower bets, but if you played an equal amount of big bets and small bets you would be more likely to have won more RJs whilst betting big.

It also stands to reason that people who play lower bets generate more spins, so you are more likely in that case to be there when it goes off, and thus you can still win.

I agree on the bigger bets hitting more often. I have hit over a dozen of them in the two years of playing online. The majority of these were with bets in the $25 to $50 range. I am not suggesting anyone chase RJ's with big bets. Not at all --- play the games you enjoy and if its gonna hit, it will hit.

Diane

Nifty -
Man, you know lots more than me, but I think you might have misstated this.

I think there are 3 distinct types of Jackpots on RTG:

Random (which includes the games witih "Minor and Major")
Jackpot
Progressive Jackpots

The majority of the games are Random jackpots as you have described.

But some of the games such as "Naughty or Nice" are just labeled "Jackpot" and to win, you must line up 5 of the wilds or 5 of the bonus symbols. These are the symbol driven jackpots.

Then naturally there are the large progressive RTG system wide jackpots like Shopping Spree2 or Jackpot Aztec Treasure with a fixed bet amount as you try to win and trigger the jackpot by hitting the correct combination.

FWIW, but please correct me if I am wrong.

Diane

Yep I was only referring to the random Jackpots that the OP asked about :)

I hit 2

I've been lucky to hit 2 RJ "minor" and both at $1 per spin in a span of a week.
But since then have'nt seen a decent bonus round even....lol.
Slots do giveth but taketh even more.....:D

could you tell us if over that time aprox how much you deposited im wondering if it has a relationship with win loss ratio over time might be a factor

It matters.

That was my previous line of thinking too but I was told it doesnt 'go off' but rather after each spin your bet , relative to its size, tries to trigger the jackpot. So the RJ can be won at any time if you are lucky not when you are there at the right time.

Yes - a MUCH better chance! (400 times more likely).
Your odds of hitting the RJ is totally dependant on the amount bet in any given session.

i.e. If you played 10 x $100 spins OR 100 x $10 spins OR 1000 x $1 spins, your chances of hitting the RJ during those spins is the same.

Yes I think you do have a chance, bit a very very minute one.

As chuchu said, the odds have been stated as one RJ in every $300,000 worth of spins - so at 1c/spin your chances are 1 in every 30 million spins... :eek2:
Good luck!

KK

I've won $100,000+ worth of Random Jackpots over the past 5 years. None of them required over a $1.20 bet and I spent nowhere near that amount of money to hit them. I don't buy into the large bet theory, but I will say that I believe you need to cover all the lines and 20c bets don't cut it. There is only one place I have hit an RJ on a very small bet and that was at Bodog. I hit it on Witches and Wizards with a .25c bet for just under $3000 jackpot.

Frankly, people like Diane amaze me! Even if I had the money, I doubt I could bet like that. It would be too much adrenaline for me to handle. :eek:

RJ's

I've won 2 on .40 bets, granted they were small ones. 1 on a .80 bet. 1 on a 25.00 bet. (majors)

Two minor ones, the best I can recall it was a 1.50 bet and .50 bet.

I don't play every day and almost always start out with small deposits.

Granted this has been over the course of several years with the 1st and 2nd one having 4 years in between.

Thanks Everyone! Fascinating . . .

What a can of worms I opened here. I sure would like to hit one--but who wouldn't????

For those of you who have won a Random Jackpot, Does the "machine" start screaming all kinds of Bells & Whistles and tell you--"Congratulations! You have just hit the RANDOM JACKPOT?"

Random Jackpot = A jackpot independent of a particular combination of the reels that is randomly awarded to someone else playing 20c spins whilst you are betting $20.

lol..

or as explained by a few previous posts

I used to play .20 a spin for 3-4 hours while someone betting $20 spin jumps in and wins the RJ:eek:

maybe room for us all to win at least once

Last edited:
I have had 2 major RJS and about 7 minor RJS= I put this down to the fact that I play a lot of RTG rather than spin time of day or bet size. Timing for the majors were(east coast Australia)a mid afternoon sunday and another at about 9pm in the evening during the week= one was on a $5 spin and the other on a $1.20 spin. Minor RJS at complete variety of times and bet sizes. Both Majors at Inetbet-minors at Inetbet, Jackpotcapital and Slotastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back