Cake poker, a nice change from slots

hippo925

Dormant account
Recently started playing poker again at cakepoker and was pleasantly suprised that they seem to be very well run and are u.s. friendly. I haven't made a deposit yet (haven't had to :D) but i have been able to do well in their free tournaments which has allowed me to make more on their fixed limit ring games. When my cashout had been pending for a couple of days, i emailed and received a response in 5 minutes and my funds hit my QT a few hours later, no docs were required.

There always seem to be enough tables and tournaments and their cs was very quick and efficient.

Now i remember why i used to play poker, but i also remember how much work it is, phew!

Anyway, nice to have a u.s. friendly poker site when i'm bored of the slots.;)

Hope everyone's holiday preparations are going well!

i agree, i played the Thanksgiving Freeze-out Freeroll Madness, was lucky enough to win, made a cashout and it was in my moneybookers acc 12 hours later,

if you have played there awhile and received some goldcards you might want to check this out

Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

Just one word of caution though.

Always be very careful with your money when playing at small poker sites. If not necessary, do not keep a lot of funds there, or on an ewallet which is related to those sites. I know a case when a serious NL player's poker account were hacked (outside job of course), and sent to other players via player transfer, and some of the found could not be recovered, and another case where an ewallet was hacked, and the player in question only used that ewallet recently for a small site.

I'm not saying that there's a direct relation, but there seems to be a correlation between playing at a small poker room and an ewallet/"small poker room with player transfer option" account being hacked.

While I have not been as impressed with Cake Poker in a few aspects (specifically the $35 fee for checks that is now $50) they have grown quite a bit. This is only a 2 year old poker room and it is bigger than Microgaming and far from what I would consider small and they have some quite unique promos.

i agree, i played the Thanksgiving Freeze-out Freeroll Madness, was lucky enough to win, made a cashout and it was in my moneybookers acc 12 hours later,

if you have played there awhile and received some goldcards you might want to check this out

Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

their rewards system is very unique. i'm still trying to figure out the gold card thing but i figure i would just collect them until i understand it better.

aside from their sometimes glitchy software, i have really enjoyed cake poker...played there sometime last year for a while and definitely think it is one of the better medium sites to play on...

I had no problem making a rapid withdrawal from Cake or Redstar, a skin of Cakes. I have done well playing at Thirdbullet, another skin. I believe this whole network to be safe with great support.

Hrm, I may dredge this up just because I've been playing there recently.

Does anybody know if it still costs 50$ to be sent a check from Cake poker?
The QT payouts have always been quick and free but I've been having QT issues lately and 50 just seems high to be sent a check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back