Big House edge??

Nifty29

Dormant account
Hi Y'all

I signed up for Platinum Play Bingo today, and being a newbie to bingo I logged in to the bingo room with my $5 bonus and bought the max tickets ($2.50) and waited.....then the game started and I was the ONLY player!

:lolup:

Anyhoo.....I then noticed that the prize I was going to win was .50c :eek:

Is it normal for a bingo hall to take 80% of the pot??? If so, I dont think Ill be playing bingo any time soon!

Anyhoo.....I then noticed that the prize I was going to win was .50c :eek:

Is it normal for a bingo hall to take 80% of the pot??? If so, I dont think Ill be playing bingo any time soon!
"Was going to win"? You mean you didn't actually win it? :eek2:

Although bingo is as much a waste of time as the National Lottery, I don't think they would normally take 80% of the pot. Maybe they have a minimum fee per game?
What I can't believe is the game even starts if there are less than a certain number of players... :confused:

Quite often bonus money doesn't count towards any pots, which is quite evil - people playing with real money not only have to contend with people using mickey mouse money to win their cash, but they get nothing extra when playing against bonus money when they win!

Did the pot increase when/if you played again? If the prize money increases & you're still the only player, you know the house edge (often around 60%). If the money doesn't go up, then it's set up so there's a minimum number of cards in play with real money before the pot increases. Either way, with a
50c starting pot, you may well decide to throw your money away elsewhere...

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back