Bic code Iban

Luckyscouser45

Head honcho
MM
requested withdrawl to bank transfer, sent a bank statement with these details the IBAN BIC on the top of the letter. Received confirmation of withdrawl I double checked the Iban and bic. So they have done correct Iban but the bic code they have done is correct but then has a letter and 3 random numbers that aren’t part of my bic? I’ve emailed them and they are saying the bic is the one that I sent on top of the statement however this isn’t right as there’s random numbers on the end that don’t correspond with my account. Worrying now that it won’t hit my account just asking anyone if these random numbers could be something on there end as they aren’t being very helpful.

Can you post the BIC and the three numbers?

Some banks have shorter BIC's, especially those from North America, and then characters or numbers are added to the end of the data string because the BIC code is a fixed length.

The way the system works though is that it reads from front to back and the soon it recognizes the BIC it will disregard the random numbers.

Yes, we have 8-digit BIC (Bank Identifier Code) codes in the UK, like NWBKGB2L is a UK Natwest customer's. Many countries use the old SWIFT numbers or require an 11-digit BIC which I have seen before when I had this aggro with an aff account which wouldn't accept my 8-digit BIC. As long as the first 8 digits is correct you should be OK.

The transfer is going to the Halifax in Liverpool.

BIC is usual 8 digits and the next three identify your branch.

The letter and numbers at the back are an additional notification message that can be added by the issuing bank. There are hundreds of them and I honestly don't know what I223 stands for

But as I said the system starts reading from the front. You must think that this technology goes back to the telex days where the reader could only read from the front to back and the system has been kept although it is now all done by computers.

Yes, we have 8-digit BIC (Bank Identifier Code) codes in the UK, like NWBKGB2L is a UK Natwest customer's. Many countries use the old SWIFT numbers or require an 11-digit BIC which I have seen before when I had this aggro with an aff account which wouldn't accept my 8-digit BIC. As long as the first 8 digits is correct you should be OK.
They just emailed as you replied to thread. Said it’s a payment code and not to worry phew lol

Did not get it today :)normally my card withdrawals are back next day at 3.30 bank transfers are different obviously. However my previous times I’ve done a bank withdrawl which is Twice was with L&L and that was in account the next morning at 9.30am (amazing) so I don’t know when this one will go in the company’s based in guernsey will keep eye out on my bank hopefully will be tommorow as then if not will be next week

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back