Beer Quotation

adlai

Dormant account
I was just curious if you realized that the quotation at the end of your posts, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." is attributable to Benjamin Franklin. If you thought of it on your own, since Franklin had an estimated I.Q. of 185, I'd have to say that's proof that great minds think alike.<grin>

adlai said:
I was just curious if you realized that the quotation at the end of your posts, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." is attributable to Benjamin Franklin. If you thought of it on your own, since Franklin had an estimated I.Q. of 185, I'd have to say that's proof that great minds think alike.<grin>
Actually, I think his quote pertained to wine - not beer; I'm simply paraphrasing him because I know if he drank some of the German Bier that I regularly consume, he would feel the same.

It's true - it's positive proof. :D

Damn, I may have been worng after-all. Could have sworn he said wine and I changed it to Beer. Hmmm. Looked into it and find a lot of secondary resources that state "beer". I'm looking for the primary resource to solve the whole thing, but I don't have anything handy. Maybe I can find a downloadable version of "Poor Richard's Almanac" :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back