Are slots the art?

They have art in them, whether you could consider it to be something that art critics would muse on or art students would debate is possibly a stretch too far.

My general feeling is that every ounce of energy that goes into building a slot game, from the art to the maths is done as a way of making that slot more popular than the next one. Thereby generating more profit for the maker. If something is made beautiful purely for financial gain, can it be called art? For me the answer is No

DOA is kinda art.

The fits of anger and destruction it causes has led me to create many abstract masterpieces - "The Cracked Monitor Beside The Entrance", "Man Who Swears At Cat" and "The Deposit Screen Against The Pale Blue Moonlight", amongst others. No way slots aren't art :eek::eek:

Google says "Art is often considered the process or product of deliberately arranging elements in a way that appeals to the senses or emotions. It encompasses a diverse range of human activities, creations and ways of expression, including music, literature, film, sculpture and paintings".
However, I have a different point of view. I agree that slots cannot be called fine art of high art, but still it's a form of art, maybe a more commercial one. They have visual, musical components, and they definitely appeal to our emotions:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back