Anybody here from Russia?

chayton

aka LooHoo
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
I was just reading and watching some videos on that meteor strike - holy hell, it was something else. Just wondering if anyone here saw it first hand?

I am from Belarus and today read many news/articles about it. If you interesting i can translate you some facts or something :)

btw, russian well-know politic Vladimir Jirinovsky told that it was test of new USA weapon . Yep, he always say something like this.

btw, russian well-know politic Vladimir Jirinovsky told that it was test of new USA weapon . Yep, he always say something like this.

In this day and age that's unbelievable but we're used to it. We get blamed for everything. Does Russia have some kind of attractor for these space rocks? I know you guys had a big one about 110 years ago also. No dashcams back then, anyways, hope you all are well and best of luck for your country with the upcoming Olympic Games next year.

I saw some news in English from Russia and they sad that this meteor was just a baby and that the parent would pass later today/night. That would go close but not hit earth. It's really scary how much damage it can cause no matter how small...

Funny last night we were watching a movie and Ray swears he saw this bright flash of light like a flashbulb going off outside. We didn't have lightning or anything so I'm not sure what he saw - from Alberta I don't think could have seen the light from Russia!

It would have been scary to see this in person - actually the bloody BOOM scared me just watching the videos.

From the stuff I've read it seems that most of the people who got hurt were cut by broken glass and debris. It's really lucky nobody was killed!

I saw some news in English from Russia and they sad that this meteor was just a baby and that the parent would pass later today/night. That would go close but not hit earth. It's really scary how much damage it can cause no matter how small...

But now the 'experts' are saying that this meteor in Russia isn't connected to the one coming. Seems like a bit of a coincidence doesn't it?

The thing that exploded over Russia was a "meteoroid", they're saying it was about 15 meters (or 49 feet) in diameter.

The thing that's coming is an asteroid, about 45 meters (or 148 feet) in diameter.

Here's a good vid of the explosions in Russia, plus a couple dashcam clips at the end showing it falling:

NASA has live coverage of the 2012 DA14 asteroid, which will be at it's closest point in about half an hour:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Also, NASA TV will have commentary starting at 2pm EST here:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The video I posted is gone, this one has a few different viewpoints

Pretty awesome footage for something so rare, it may be another hundred years before a rock this size enters our atmosphere.

Thank mother Russia for dashcams! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
There was this one video on youtube, the people were filming the contrail after the thing had gone by, it was like 2 minutes after and suddenly the BOOM happened. Made me jump almost as much as the guy with the camera!

BTW the big one that was passing close by is already on its way away from earth now, it came and went without us on this side of the world even being able to see it. But on the other side supposedly you could see it with binoculars if you looked for it.

There was this one video on youtube, the people were filming the contrail after the thing had gone by, it was like 2 minutes after and suddenly the BOOM happened. Made me jump almost as much as the guy with the camera!

BTW the big one that was passing close by is already on its way away from earth now, it came and went without us on this side of the world even being able to see it. But on the other side supposedly you could see it with binoculars if you looked for it.

So it`s gone now? Good. Thanks Chayton, was sleeping after work.
Seen the vids yesterday morning, scary stuff. It came literally out of the blue and no hot shot scientists could see that coming as far as I know. Now what if theres more of those little bastards round the corner?

Thanks for the awesome footage, Perc - incredible to have witnessed such a force of nature, and that explosion when it hit sounded like a warzone - car alarms going off etc etc.

From what they were saying on the news, it sounds like you should hope one lands in your backyard because people come running waving money wanting to buy the pieces. :eek2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back