Any other Norah Jones fans here?

bb28

Dormant Account
:D I'm so excited, I'm going to see Norah Jones in concert tomorrow night!

Any one else here that really likes her music? If so what is your favorite song?

I love all of her stuff, BB. She is a one of a kind, no matter what kind of music you like. "Don't Know Why" is one of my faves, even though it is one of her older songs.

It's one of my fav's too, can't wait to hear it LIVE! :D Have you heard her new cd, The Fall? I like it also, but the Come Away With Me CD is my favorite. I think my all time favorite of hers is the old Bob Dylan song, Be My Baby Tonight. There is very little of her that I don't like, come to think about it. ;) Wish you could fly down and go too......we'd have a blast! :)

The "Come Away With Me" song is my second fave. I have heard some of the songs on her new CD, but don't have it yet.

In her own way, she reminds me of Bonnie Raitt or Cheryl Crow. Not that their music is the same, but the passion is, and the "be true to yourself" image is also similar.

The "Come Away With Me" song is my second fave. I have heard some of the songs on her new CD, but don't have it yet.

In her own way, she reminds me of Bonnie Raitt or Cheryl Crow. Not that their music is the same, but the passion is, and the "be true to yourself" image is also similar.

Couldn't have said it better myself, "be true to yourself". I have so much more respect and admiration for the artists who follow the beat to their own drum and who don't do what they do for commercial success. Here are a couple more ladies that I really like, Patty Griffin and Alison Krauss. Patty is more like folk rock, Alison is very hard to pinpoint, as some of her stuff is bluegrass, some of it leans toward pop and easy listening, some of it is alt. country, but the important thing is she does as she damn well pleases. :D Here is a link to an Alison K song.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back