Am I a heathen???

cncas2123

Ueber Meister
PABnonaccred
Is it just me, am I a complete heathen with no understanding of art when I think that the people who buy a banana and a bit of duct tape for $120,000 are complete idiots?
Am I the stupid one who thinks that anyone who thinks this is are is complete bonkers?

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me, am I a complete heathen with no understanding of art when I think that the people who buy a banana and a bit of duct tape for $120,000 are complete idiots?
Am I the stupid one who thinks that anyone who thinks this is are is complete bonkers?

Of course they are complete idiots buying it for $120,000 especially since i m selling the same for only $10k.

All serious are buyers please PM me for the full details :D

Maybe we are the stupid ones for not creating such brilliance to be sold to these suckers.

Maybe Mr. D could fart into a jar, seal said jar and sell that off as art.

And then when asked what the title of his artpiece is...he will say "Bonanza".

And when asked why he called it Bonanza, he will say it is a metaphor for the complete and utter futility of playing the same slot ad nauseum. Day in, day out. Over and over and over again.
All because it said the words "UNLIMITED MULTIPLIER" in the game rules.

And also because Bonanza is about as entertaining as trapped wind...

And when asked why he called it Bonanza, he will say it is a metaphor for the complete and utter futility of playing the same slot ad nauseum. Day in, day out. Over and over and over again.

Wasn't there a famous artist once who sold his 'Canned Shit'?? Can't recall which one ATM.

Would my unmade bed make a few hundred k?

I'd buy that for a tenner.......

Unless the banana has been mummified in some sort of way the masterpiece will just be a mushy mess in a few weeks.:what:

Unless that’s where they have been really smart as they have the foresight to see the market for stinking, rotting fruit is about to escalate beyond all known proportions and they are going to sell it on when the mushiness peaks.:rolleyes:

I should have taken a patent out on that idea.:p

Unless the banana has been mummified in some sort of way the masterpiece will just be a mushy mess in a few weeks.:what:

Unless that’s where they have been really smart as they have the foresight to see the market for stinking, rotting fruit is about to escalate beyond all known proportions and they are going to sell it on when the mushiness peaks.:rolleyes:

What the "artist" is doing is providing a certificate of authenticity with each one he sells to enable the purchaser to keep replacing the banana when it goes off...........

No banana any more - the 'artist' ate it.

Wasn't there a pile of bricks on display somewhere, and the cleaners thought it was a pile of rubbish and removed it?

I love Art, but unmade beds (Tracey whatserface), cows cut in half (Damien Hirst), blue paint just thrown randomly at a canvas (Jackson Pillock), etc. and the price people are willing to pay for this junk just convinces me of the innate stupidity of many of us.

Maybe that manzoni was trying to tell us something, summing up modern art in one go.

Also for any folk who like to think outside of the box from time to time....

Modern art was CIA 'weapon'

For decades in art circles it was either a rumour or a joke, but now it is confirmed as a fact. The Central Intelligence Agency used American modern art - including the works of such artists as Jackson Pollock, Robert Motherwell, Willem de Kooning and Mark Rothko - as a weapon in the Cold War.

.........The decision to include culture and art in the US Cold War arsenal was taken as soon as the CIA was founded in 1947. Dismayed at the appeal communism still had for many intellectuals and artists in the West, the new agency set up a division, the Propaganda Assets Inventory, which at its peak could influence more than 800 newspapers, magazines and public information organisations. They joked that it was like a Wurlitzer jukebox: when the CIA pushed a button it could hear whatever tune it wanted playing across the world.

....Because Abstract Expressionism was expensive to move around and exhibit, millionaires and museums were called into play. Pre-eminent among these was Nelson Rockefeller, whose mother had co-founded the Museum of Modern Art in New York. As president of what he called "Mummy's museum", Rockefeller was one of the biggest backers of Abstract Expressionism (which he called "free enterprise painting"). His museum was contracted to the Congress for Cultural Freedom to organise and curate most of its important art shows.

Would Abstract Expressionism have been the dominant art movement of the post-war years without this patronage? The answer is probably yes. Equally, it would be wrong to suggest that when you look at an Abstract Expressionist painting you are being duped by the CIA.

But look where this art ended up: in the marble halls of banks, in airports, in city halls, boardrooms and great galleries. For the Cold Warriors who promoted them, these paintings were a logo, a signature for their culture and system which they wanted to display everywhere that counted. They succeeded."

--------------

Yeah thanks a lot, where would be without the cultural enrichment modern 'art' has brought to our lives :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back