575.000$ cash game pot(Gus vs. Negreanu) - video link

Nice clip Zoozie

WOW That is a dream situation playing for that much cash!

Gotta be nice having the nuts when you are playing for $100,000's

One day....

WAYLANDER

That is just SICK. One would be happy to have that kind of hand once in a lifetime.

Hats off to Daniel for taking the beat like only a great player would. Could you imagine Hellmuth on the recieving end of that? Or even Matasou? omg....that would be interesting to see, to say the least ;)

I'm actually surprised he didn't lay that down. He was actually talking himself out of calling towards the end. I guess he finally figured he had good odds on the call and went for it.

Last edited:
Excellent clip! I've not come across High Stakes Poker in the UK, so I spent a couple of hours going through similar YouTube clips as well.

Got a question though - obviously to low, low rollers such as myself, a half million pot is jaw-dropping, and as WAYLANDER says, one can only dream. However, what does a half million pot acually mean to Gus and Daniel in real financial terms? Does anyone have an idea how much money they each have in the bank?

Excellent clip! I've not come across High Stakes Poker in the UK, so I spent a couple of hours going through similar YouTube clips as well.

Got a question though - obviously to low, low rollers such as myself, a half million pot is jaw-dropping, and as WAYLANDER says, one can only dream. However, what does a half million pot acually mean to Gus and Daniel in real financial terms? Does anyone have an idea how much money they each have in the bank?

I can only assume that pot was probably about 1% [probably much less] of their BR

Daniel issued a general challenge a year ago and played quite a few hi-stakes heads-up matches. Some of them were for a million. I read his blog and he doesn't seem to lose any sleep over playing at this level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back