2020/21 premier league and any football elsewhere discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet the saudis are thinking shit we could have had a cut price club in the capital :oops: :p
One of the sons had an interest in buying Chelsea, but he or the club would have to give up their 10% stake? Something like that....

Would be awesome for playing Chelsea in future, get their new owner to bench Chelsea's first-teamers and field their Under-17s instead!

I was absolutely expecting relegation but Eddie Howe has managed the impossible Newcastle avoid relegation and actually here we come

In the meantime the blue side of my hometown are getting anxious. I genuinely would like them to stay up. Was a bit excited at half time with Brighton’s effort! #YNWA

In the meantime the blue side of my hometown are getting anxious. I genuinely would like them to stay up. Was a bit excited at half time with Brighton’s effort! #YNWA
Anything but a Manchester win be it city or that team that was once United, class act in 7th minute of yesterdays game! Respect and fingers crossed

Put a tenner on one of those "specials" at sky vegas yesterday. Ronaldo 1 shot on target at evens. Couldn't help but laugh at how bad United were doing, but 50 mins in I'm thinkin hey, my easy tenner hasn't come in yet.
Then Ronaldo hoofs a free kick up to Scotland. F*=# this.
Put tablet on side above fireplace and go for a cig. Walk out and hear tablet crash onto fire place. Now 50 cracks on the screen. hahaha 4-0 but also fuuu for being SO shit that I also lost the tenner.

Put a tenner on one of those "specials" at sky vegas yesterday. Ronaldo 1 shot on target at evens. Couldn't help but laugh at how bad United were doing, but 50 mins in I'm thinkin hey, my easy tenner hasn't come in yet.
Then Ronaldo hoofs a free kick up to Scotland. F*=# this.
Put tablet on side above fireplace and go for a cig. Walk out and hear tablet crash onto fire place. Now 50 cracks on the screen. hahaha 4-0 but also fuuu for being SO shit that I also lost the tenner.
I wanted to laugh at your post probably would have their sooo bad (but lost and iPad broke) How bad does it get for Man U! can it even get any worse, some job ten hag has got

It's a shame Burnley went down, and that we were the ones to inflict that upon them. Though I think they've overachieved for years now on shoestring budgets, I think it was inevitable :(

Would've much preferred Everton to plunge into the Championship, the Nothing Club with delusions of grandeur and entitled, hostile 'supporters'. I guess Fat Frank The PE Teacher did......something? 🤷‍♂️

Glad Leeds survived too, quite like Jesse Marsh :thumbsup:

As a United supporter, I'm somewhat pissed off that the Hammers lost to Brighton and enabled us to keep our Europa League spot.
We need Europa League football next season like a hole in the head.
The Hammers deep run proved they were deserving of another shot at it next year.

Glad that Spurs got the final CL spot, given that they ended up being the kingmakers - they swept City (with the second win arguably
helping to create a title race in the first place) and held Liverpool to two draws (the second of which ultimately cost Liverpool the title).

And as for Son sharing the Golden Boot with Salah. 23 goals, NONE of them from the penalty spot.
That's some achievement for someone who is supposed to be playing second fiddle to Harry Kane. He absolutely deserves it.

I agree with Goatie in that I would have liked Everton to go down and Burnley to stay up.
But the teams I was really glad to see stay up were Brighton, Brentford and Newcastle.
I just hope that next season Brentford don't suffer the dreaded "second season slump" that Leeds had this season.

Happy to see Watford and Norwich relegated. Both of them are far too trigger happy when it comes to sacking managers and
it NEVER works out well for them, yet they continue to do it.
They will probably come straight back up though, only to repeat the same mistakes when the shit inevitably hits the fan for the umpteenth time.

Disappointing to see man city win the title again, they are the best team but I now find them boring to watch. I can't think of a premier league side ever having as much depth in numbers of top footballers, with haaland joining now as well, it's a joke.

In other news :laugh:

BBC apologises after 'Manchester United are rubbish' appears on screen

1653403916211.png

The text mistakenly popped up on the news ticker at the bottom of the screen during a tennis update just after 0930 on Tuesday.

Later in the morning, presenter Annita Mcveigh apologised to any Manchester United fans who may have been offended.
She said the mistake had occurred as someone was learning how to operate the ticker and was "writing random things".

Disappointing to see man city win the title again, they are the best team but I now find them boring to watch. I can't think of a premier league side ever having as much depth in numbers of top footballers, with haaland joining now as well, it's a joke.

View attachment 168150

The text mistakenly popped up on the news ticker at the bottom of the screen during a tennis update just after 0930 on Tuesday.

Later in the morning, presenter Annita Mcveigh apologised to any Manchester United fans who may have been offended.
She said the mistake had occurred as someone was learning how to operate the ticker and was "writing random things".

They may be the best team - but that's just in England - and just by 1 point. Kudos to them for winning the title and losing everything else. Liverpool were running in 4 competitions across England and Europe. I would back off if they won the league by 6 - 10 points - But they didn't.

Given the resources Pep has had, the only thing their fans can claim is that they are the 'Best Team in the World'. The same team, is yet to be crowned champions of Europe. Whilst they may be up there - or getting close, they are second to Liverpool.

Liverpool are the No.1 ranked team in Europe. This includes the English, Spanish and German Champions (who are 2nd, 3rd and 4th in that order) (
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
). Thats one mighty achievement IMPO. Klopp has won EVERY trophy for the club at least once, and that, is something of legend. Maybe he didn't win the league again, but given his resources, and how far he has brought the team - he is the No.1 Manager in the World.

Managers were winning the league with City before Pep..... He's done nothing new.

Man City do tend to go up a gear or two when they need to, the only time you'll wound their title ambitions would be early in the season.

By the same token, Pep does eke out the best from that squad, which I wouldn't rate as necessarily the best on paper. One could state that Man Utd's squad isn't too dissimilar, but terribly managed with too many egos not kept in check. Chelsea's squad is possibly even the best in the league, and the reason why pundits were falling over themselves to award them the title early.

Difference is of course that Chelsea pinned their title aspirations on an almost 30 year-old overpriced chubby mercenary, had an abysmal mid-season slump, not to mention their obvious off-field woes. And Utd simply couldn't honk a red nose at a clown convention, no matter who was at the wheel....

So whilst it is galling to see Liverpool get pipped to the post with 97 & 92 points respectively, cigar-loving Pep deserves some slither of credit, as he knows when to turn on that killer instinct and get the job done (apart from the CL of course :p )

And anyway, Klopp's greatest feat, in my eyes, was dragging his beleagured, injury- ravaged crock squad into 3rd place that time, all the while dealing with personal tragedy and so forth. I think with these two chomping at the bit for titles we'll be in good hands, if these recent title margins are anything to go by :cool:

They may be the best team - but that's just in England - and just by 1 point. Kudos to them for winning the title and losing everything else. Liverpool were running in 4 competitions across England and Europe. I would back off if they won the league by 6 - 10 points - But they didn't.

Given the resources Pep has had, the only thing their fans can claim is that they are the 'Best Team in the World'. The same team, is yet to be crowned champions of Europe. Whilst they may be up there - or getting close, they are second to Liverpool.

Liverpool are the No.1 ranked team in Europe. This includes the English, Spanish and German Champions (who are 2nd, 3rd and 4th in that order) (
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
). Thats one mighty achievement IMPO. Klopp has won EVERY trophy for the club at least once, and that, is something of legend. Maybe he didn't win the league again, but given his resources, and how far he has brought the team - he is the No.1 Manager in the World.

Managers were winning the league with City before Pep..... He's done nothing new.

I am an lfc fan [childhood team but only an armchair fan] so that was music to my ears, yes love klopp, without him we'd still be struggling to get ahead of man utd. Diaz has been another good purchase but given him a slight selection headache. Beating RM will be tough but possible.

Man City do tend to go up a gear or two when they need to, the only time you'll wound their title ambitions would be early in the season.

By the same token, Pep does eke out the best from that squad, which I wouldn't rate as necessarily the best on paper. One could state that Man Utd's squad isn't too dissimilar, but terribly managed with too many egos not kept in check. Chelsea's squad is possibly even the best in the league, and the reason why pundits were falling over themselves to award them the title early.

Difference is of course that Chelsea pinned their title aspirations on an almost 30 year-old overpriced chubby mercenary, had an abysmal mid-season slump, not to mention their obvious off-field woes. And Utd simply couldn't honk a red nose at a clown convention, no matter who was at the wheel....

So whilst it is galling to see Liverpool get pipped to the post with 97 & 92 points respectively, cigar-loving Pep deserves some slither of credit, as he knows when to turn on that killer instinct and get the job done (apart from the CL of course :p )

And anyway, Klopp's greatest feat, in my eyes, was dragging his beleagured, injury- ravaged crock squad into 3rd place that time, all the while dealing with personal tragedy and so forth. I think with these two chomping at the bit for titles we'll be in good hands, if these recent title margins are anything to go by :cool:
Pep has to get the best out of his squads. He buys a Ferrari for every position.

He is a good manager- but also good at using money to buy the best players. The difference between him and Klopp is that he can't win it with Aguero (insert some other multi million player here) whilst the latter does it with Divock Origi.

BTW Kloppo's greatest feat is to become only the second English club Manager to win the English League, Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup. Only Ferguson did it before him. He is also the first Liverpool Manager to do so.

He delivered Liverpools first League title in 30 years, first FA Cup in 16 years and first European Title in 14. Give the man some credit goatee :D

I anticipate given enough money, Pep will eventually get the Champions League title. I take nothing away from Pep, but I don't think he can manage a club without massive financial backing. Then too, he struggles in Europe (Barcelona, Bayern and City)

Nate

View attachment 168150

Nice to see the BBC reporting the facts for once... :laugh:

Well, what can you say? Liverpool were highly unfortunate not to beat a Courtois- inspired Real Madrid, especially in the last 30 minutes, where it was a swarm of red :eek2:

Yet ultimately it's not just about attacking, Madrid defended like beavers and 'got the job done', something attributed to killer instinct and professionalism, not just shwashbuckling forays into the opponent's half. And sadly, Keita's balloon- shot encapsulated that lack of verve when they needed it most - to be fair his overall contribution was rather 'erratic' it must be said. But hey-ho, when desperate, out comes the kitchen sink!

Important not to dismiss Madrid's route towards eventual glory, dispatching, PSG, Chelsea, Man City & Liverpool, I'd like to know of any team prior that's been given such a 'favourable' draw :laugh:

So well done to them and their 150th European Cup, and let's face it, Benzema was unplayable throughout. Huzzah!

Well, what can you say? Liverpool were highly unfortunate not to beat a Courtois- inspired Real Madrid, especially in the last 30 minutes, where it was a swarm of red :eek2:

Yet ultimately it's not just about attacking, Madrid defended like beavers and 'got the job done', something attributed to killer instinct and professionalism, not just shwashbuckling forays into the opponent's half. And sadly, Keita's balloon- shot encapsulated that lack of verve when they needed it most - to be fair his overall contribution was rather 'erratic' it must be said. But hey-ho, when desperate, out comes the kitchen sink!

Important not to dismiss Madrid's route towards eventual glory, dispatching, PSG, Chelsea, Man City & Liverpool, I'd like to know of any team prior that's been given such a 'favourable' draw :laugh:

So well done to them and their 150th European Cup, and let's face it, Benzema was unplayable throughout. Huzzah!
When Courtois saved them for like the 3rd time, I knew that it would be the end for us.

As much as I knew Liverpool were the better team, you cannot discount those comebacks by Madrid. I think it was a prelude to their eventual victory.

Sometimes you wonder who writes the script. Think Istanbul and the road to the final for Liverpool in 2005. Think being down by 3 in the first leg to Barcelona in 2019...

I figure you get my drift. It's almost like it's already written who will eventually be the winners...

Nate

And there we have it, Australia have qualified for the World Cup after a gruelling Playoff against Peru, which ultimately ended in the dreaded penalty shoot-out :eek2:

But all fears were allayed the moment Socceroos boss Graham Arnold brought on his designated hitter, the clutch player to end them all, the ultimate super-sub -

Andrew Redmayne

Because it was he that dancing queened his country into glory with the most ridiculously off-putting display of showmanship that probably had half the Peruvian squad in muffled stitches. And is it any wonder? But really, it wasn't every penalty he saved, but rather, the winning save only came about when he deployed the high-kick to his repertoire, followed by the squat, which ultimately sealed the deal.

Three caps, yes. Immortalized, definitely - and a terrific beard to boot.

Grey Wiggle.....we salute you

Had Hungary to win on 4 accumulators, all included montenagro, and, err, italy. weirdly, everytime i added italy i laughed to myself thinking not a chance vs Germany on current forms, then aded them anyway.
But it's ok. Fear not, Brits. I've had 4 pints of Miguel and buzzing a bit. I can recreate this buzz any bloody time. On or off the pitch. I'm ready to go right the fuck now so I'm applying for Gaz Southgates energy focused team selection asap. I'll wear a tshirt with something saying hi to me fellow CM members under the jersey for when I score lads n ladies.

England's worst home defeat since 1928, and whilst the players undoubtedly view the Nations League as a Mickey Mouse tournament, you do fear that they don't look anywhere near the world-beaters they always proclaim themselves to be.

Even if this were a Friendly, which a NL fixture basically is, the apathy and lack of cohesion shown by what is essentially the 2nd string fringe posse is unnerving, when you'd think most would be fighting for a place in the final squad?

And whilst other teams fine-tune and put their tournament hats on, England (as per) start creaming themselves in their own self-importance, as though "this is the year we do it lads!"

Crap, woeful, inept, and that's just "what is attacking uh-hur" Gareth Southgate, who must surely start copping some flak for his underwhelming wastage of talent at at his disposal....

Hungary though are looking dynamic and the team they've forged promising, not since the '50s have they even threatened to win a tickling contest, so it's good to see the new generation come through.

As for England - firstly, "IRAN IRAN IRAN!"

Secondly - p*** off you bunch of overpaid muppets, go cry on Social Media :p

Quite like the look of this Nunez bloke we [lfc] have signed, looks like he can score headers too which is a plus and not always an attribute of modern forwards. But slightly confused he's cost 64 mil compared to haaland's 51mil :confused: maybe it's because he can play wide as well and Erling can't, or the deal is structured differently so mfc pay larger add ons spread across seasons and not get hit by financial fair play rules.

Re Southgate

BBC:

"Southgate was the main target for a mutinous Molineux as the pain piled up with loud chants of "You don't know what you're doing" as a result of the worst performance in his six years and 74 games as England manager.

Of course Southgate knows what he is doing. It was only a year ago he led England to their first major final since they won the World Cup in 1966. They have cruised through qualifying for Qatar - although so they should.

Is Southgate the winner England have wanted for 56 years? This remains an unanswered question...

This does not stop the growing and obvious concerns around an England team now facing relegation in the Nations League and without a goal in open play for six hours."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back