New Slot Announcement 10 pre-release or new slots reviewed on video.

dunover

Unofficial T&C's Editor
Staff member
webmeister
PABnonaccred
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm3
Gold Digger by iSoftBet - not bad.
Night Queen by iSoftBet - quite like this, bonus is fun.
Annihilator by Play'n Go - a decent game, had a full screen of wilds in bonus twice.
Blood Moon Wilds by Yggdrasil - good base game and bonus.
John Hunter Book of Tut by Pragmatic - pointless clone of BoRe Deluxe
Pink Elephants 2 by Thunderkick - Pink Elephants 1.5 more like, pointless clone again.
Black River Gold by Elk Studios - volatile and brutal if not paying, but OK.
Neon Rush Splitz by Yggdrasil - one of the best 10-line slots, good fun, good bonus - usually!
Ring of Odin by Play'n Go - good base game and bonus round, quite enjoyed this mutha.
Atantis by Red Tiger - a decent enough game, reasonably entertaining and can go mad in free spins.

Why even bother making a new slot called Pink Elephants 2 when the slot is just identical to the first version. Makes no sense to name it 2. Bad move by TK in my opinion...........
its not the same :) dont know if Dunover even had a look at the old one first ;) in free spins the wilds are stacked and the symbols upgrade so very diffrent indeed.

its not the same :) dont know if Dunover even had a look at the old one first ;) in free spins the wilds are stacked and the symbols upgrade so very diffrent indeed.
Yes, the bonus seems far more volatile and I did notice the stacked Wilds, which is why I called it PE 1.5 - it's nearly the same but not quite.

Ah, i see!
Is there a good site to check things like this?
I usually check on slotcatalog, but since they were more than a month off this time i have lost all faith in that site. :p

You can always ask me. :D

BTW, the site where I write reviews has now exact release dates on the games, started last week, hence, not all upcoming have it as it would be too much going through each and entering the date manually. :)

Black River Gold not actualy that bad a game, lottsa nice little touches ingame. but basically the same idea as Voodoo gold and Tahiti gold.

Had some decent hits on that already. Might be a freak occurance but had a few hundred spins and a fair few bonuses. They seem more frequent than the other 'Gold's' from Elk but i like them all.

Must admit i played it in the battle on VS today and thought Thunderkick must be desperate if their banging out this rubbish.

The only difference i can see is in the bonus but instead of changing the lesser symbols to elephants it changes them to the next higher until you get to the top???

Didnt notice any stacked wilds. Have they taken away the random bonus feature on this one also?

First impression - why play this when the first seems much better. It seems sequels are pants in the slot world also.

Black River Gold not actualy that bad a game, lottsa nice little touches ingame. but basically the same idea as Voodoo gold and Tahiti gold.
I am fairly critical regarding most new releases and imo opinion usually justifiably so. However I played this the other evening and irrespective of the fact I won it really seemed a good and well balanced game.

I am sure it will have it’s lean spells packed with dead spins at certain points but there seems to be enough going on with a few surprises. Dare I say, possibly at this moment a contender for slot of the year? Who knows but one of the best game I have seen for a while.

Had some decent hits on that already. Might be a freak occurance but had a few hundred spins and a fair few bonuses. They seem more frequent than the other 'Gold's' from Elk but i like them all.

Must admit i played it in the battle on VS today and thought Thunderkick must be desperate if their banging out this rubbish.

The only difference i can see is in the bonus but instead of changing the lesser symbols to elephants it changes them to the next higher until you get to the top???

Didnt notice any stacked wilds. Have they taken away the random bonus feature on this one also?

First impression - why play this when the first seems much better. It seems sequels are pants in the slot world also.

Usually, TK releases a new game every 2 months. This year they pushed out two sequels in between, Esqueleto Explosivo 2 in Jan and PE 2 in May. Don't know what the reason is but they both seem very rushed creations.

My explanation is that they concentrated much of their manpower on their Beat The Beast series, one came out in Feb and the second in April. The next Cerberus' Inferno is scheduled for June. To avoid monotony, they probably thought it is a good idea to release something else in between, but still being a rather small developer they needed something easy to do, so they did EE 2 and PE 2. :D

As for Black River Gold, it has the highest hit rate of all Gold slots at 24.1% - Voodoo is 23% and Tahiti is 22.5% (not counting Ecuador Gold as it has a much lower max win potential), so BR Gold is friendlier to your balance in the base game. Also, the trigger rate for the FS has been increased ever so slightly which should give you more FS features on average.

Last edited:

Here you go stacked wilds :) you get up to 3
hit this just now first spin in bonus round :)
pink2.jpg

Here you go stacked wilds :) you get up to 3
hit this just now first spin in bonus round :)
View attachment 130751

Ahhh I see.

So maybe more potential in the bonus.

I like the original. Had some decent hits in the upper range of Thunderkick bonus. I mean the real upper range. Not listed :)

I will give this a try but only with about as much effort as Thunderkick did with the sequel.

Pink Elephant Megaways would have been more effort and better received than this i think. But hey, the jury is still out.

John Hunter Book of Tut - Was one of my favorites until today.
The bonus round lands and I get The Explorer. Oh, I thought, that's the top symbol I think so this is going to be a really good or dead bonus. So I get a few dead spins, 2 Explorers, some dead spins and then 3 Explorers. A few dead spins and a re-trigger, loads of dead spins, another re-trigger, loads of dead spins then another re-trigger. Something's got to happen here I thought. This slot's going off it's nut. Loads of dead spins, a near-miss re-trigger and alas a few more dead spins and that was it :-( How disappointing/what a wind-up.

Funnily enough I was just thinking that the other day, if they’d got a new development team as their releases (unlike PNG),seem to be getting better and better

Yes, spoke to them in London and they're upping their game, the Aurora one has been a success as have their Meagreways games, the racing one I showed you is quite decent (if a little juvenile looking).

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back