Yandex remove links as ranking factor?!?

jaimelosano8768

Banned User - sockpuppet - multiple forum accounts
I just saw a article that I find interesting from future perspective of what would SEO become in next couple of years. Yandex announced that they will roll out a new algorithm in the beginning of 2014 starting from Moscow region and expanding it in the entire Russia. That algorithm will count on different factors for ranking and will exclude links as a main factor, question remains for me "how?", I mean that could be just another lie, I believe they will lower the link networth in the ranking factors ecosystem but If they intend to rely only on mobile experience and social impact this is not going to bring better quality of search results.
Share your thoughts guys I'm curious what others think?

I just saw a article that I find interesting from future perspective of what would SEO become in next couple of years. Yandex announced that they will roll out a new algorithm in the beginning of 2014 starting from Moscow region and expanding it in the entire Russia. That algorithm will count on different factors for ranking and will exclude links as a main factor, question remains for me "how?", I mean that could be just another lie, I believe they will lower the link networth in the ranking factors ecosystem but If they intend to rely only on mobile experience and social impact this is not going to bring better quality of search results.
Share your thoughts guys I'm curious what others think?

The search engines aim to remove everything that a webmaster can manipulate from affecting ranks. So it is absolutely no surprise to me but like you, it is how they have managed to get to a stage where they can turn links off that is intriguing. Personally, I love this move.

Google is pretty close to this too I think - it's obvious links aren't nearly as important anymore so it's only a matter of time before they can turn those off aswell. Good times :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back