Windows tablet - yes or no?

anniemac

Ueber Meister
PABnoaccred
Am looking at a Windows surface tablet and would like some feedback from anyone using one.

Can you download adobe products to it or do you have to jump thru hoops to get them like you do on Android or IPad?

Does it operate similar to a regular laptop?

I don't want to use it for my primary computer, just to mess around with.

Why a Win tablet, if I may ask? I'm an ex-XP guy and am loving my Nexus 7 (2012) for work and play, wouldn't touch a Win tablet for love nor money. Android isn't perfect but I'd say it's a lot closer to it than Win on tablet is or ever will be. Win-tablet faults and bug reports are legion but Android 4.3 is particularly slick, IMO.

PS. Moved the thread over to Geekland, thought it deserved broader exposure than The Attic provides. I hope the move is cool with everyone.

I had a win8 tablet and it was shite. I sent it back to Amazon claiming the fan was too noisy, but I hated it. Unfortunately windows has always been associated with desktop editions until now, and people buy it expecting the same, when all you get is a poor imitation of Android. Apps are limited due to most being developed for the Android platform or I-pad. Try the desktop win8 and you'll see what you'll get on the tablet, only you'll have touchscreen. I'd leave windows tablets for a few years until they've caught up with their rivals.

Thanks, guys.

I have just seen the advertised and was wondering. I think I will just get a Samsung and be done with it. About all I will do is read books, surf web and play Candy Crush. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back