Warning Spoliers Why People Stopped Watching The Walking Dead

I wanted to put "Why TWD sucks now" as a title instead.
I used to love it and now I only watch it to see what happens ... knowing that it will suck.
I used to love every minute of it. Now I simply watch the entire season in one go using fast forward ... :mad:

The funny bit is when they are travelling in numbers. Having been previously used to have thousands of zombies attack them they absolutely shit themselves from a group of 15-20 walkers. It's just poor acting imo.

Every show has "conveniences" that I am more than happy to overlook if most other things are good.

For example the weak slow moving zombies are easy to kill. Sure as hell can't destroy civilization unless something else killed most people (the zombie virus maybe?).
Zombies powered by magic? Move without muscles, smell without nose, hear without ears and see without eyes? Stealth moving zombies? Zombies falling from 10-20 m without breaking legs?

But I can overlook that for great atmosphere, great characters, great story and great acting.....

When you start killing my favorite characters though, you better set it up properly ....
"Negans" were already crazy, unsustainable and with magical powers. Killing Glenn on top of this was the last straw for me.

Last season "killed" the best and really killed many more characters (including like 20 kids).
Ok Rick had to go and it was not that bad.

But then you have that super idiotic super powerful magical ninza zombie group! WTF!!
Do you want to bring in groups from comics? Fine, but change it a bit to make sense for adults.

Nobody can survive without supplies, medical care and protection from weather, walking all the time between death.
They would also die from starvation, dehydration and exhaustion. It would take them ages to get from one place to another and they would always be easily detected.
They would never really be able to control and direct zombies. The scene with the firecrackers and the dog barking and the herd turning the other way was hilarious :laugh::laugh:

Simply idiotic writing and directing. Take Jesus for example.
They could have him hold off zombies to let others escape, then see 7 of them take out knives, kill 6 and get killed by 7th.
But no. It had to be a random person alone that turned his back to Jesus and used his super-ninza-dark-force powers to avoid the sword, turn around, take out the knife and kill Jesus before he can blink an eye.
Oh and use the force to freeze the others so they don't kill him. :rolleyes:
Some idiot figured that he would shock us with a random Joe taking out our best warrior without even trying. And how or why don't even matter. :mad:

There are 3 TWD threads already but I better start a new one with spoiler warning.
Some reasons why people stopped watching:

Ooooh, so are Spoliers worse than Zombies?

I think I might have spoliers trying to overthrow my refrigerators, lurking in innocent looking yoghurt containers, and re-purposed sour cream tubs.

Won't read further, as I haven't watched TWD.

To make any zombie-based show run for more than two or three seasons is a feat in itself. Just look at the cancellation of 'The Passage'.....after one season!
I think it's more it's hit over-saturation, and people are...well..over it.
Ending as well are iZombie and Z Nation
Also, isnt The Passage vampires?

Not watching it anymore but not really a dummy out the pram moment. For some reason and I think liking the fb page (and reading content there) is partly why, I completely lost interest at the start of this season. I tried since to catch up but found my mind drifting off into the abyss.

Apparently the lead actor dies which also might have something to do with it after losing so many actors who you grow overtime to enjoy and know. I guess I might be able to binge catch up soon when other shows I am finding time for end their current seasons.

I do however find it funny that people jump in the directors chair and ruin the show for themselves. I mean sure, you can spot a mistake or think something could have been done better but those who get overzealous over a tv show, have reality issues. That's not a put down but still.

I do however find it funny that people jump in the directors chair and ruin the show for themselves. I mean sure, you can spot a mistake or think something could have been done better but those who get overzealous over a tv show, have reality issues. That's not a put down but still.

I saw some videos in YT lately that felt too much (about GOT and TWD).
Some may do it to get more views or likes.

Personally, as I said earlier, I let a lot of things go, but I remember them if my fav character is killed. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back